Best Overall Coaching Staff In SE Texas?

A article on my bud Coach Q who now is on staff on Atascocita. Good man and great Coach.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/nb/humble/sports/4036214.html

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had someone who runs the chains at the Silsbee games tell me once that Jasper's players and staff are the most respectful group they ever had come through. These guys have been doing these chains for years and have seen a lot of teams. I am not a Jasper fan but have to respect what that staff has done.
Thanks. I've often wondered what other people thought about our coaches.

I've run the chains on the sidelines for numerous Jasper games and seen some great coaching and some terrible coaching. Some coaches can get the best out of their players without all the cussing and poor sportsmanship. Others....well you get the idea.

Kelly Bulldogs

Aug. 19 Hardin-Jefferson (Scrimmage) 10:00 AM

Aug. 25 @ Tarkington (Scrimmage) 5 PM

Sep. 1 @ Houston Kinkaid 7:30

Sep. 8 Beaumont Cathedral 7:30

Sep. 15 Houston Furr 7:30

Sep. 22 Bridge City 7:30

Sep. 29 San Augustine 7:30 (Homecoming)

Oct. 7 @ Crawford 6:00 (Saturday)

Oct. 13 @ St. Pius* 7:30

Oct. 20 Open

Oct. 27 @ St. Michael* 7:30

Nov. 3 @ St. Thomas* 7:30

Nov. 10 St. Pius* 7:30 (Sr. Night)

its Nederland, hands down. Look at the size and talent level that they deal with year in and year out, and they still produce. The staff emphasizes heart and discipline and it shows in their play. Nederland isnt flashy, just gritty. WO-S has a good staff but they are loaded with 4A talent in the 3A classification, kind of like BC baseball.

Kelly Bulldogs

Aug. 19 Hardin-Jefferson (Scrimmage) 10:00 AM

Aug. 25 @ Tarkington (Scrimmage) 5 PM

Sep. 1 @ Houston Kinkaid 7:30

Sep. 8 Beaumont Cathedral 7:30

Sep. 15 Houston Furr 7:30

Sep. 22 Bridge City 7:30

Sep. 29 San Augustine 7:30 (Homecoming)

Oct. 7 @ Crawford 6:00 (Saturday)

Oct. 13 @ St. Pius* 7:30

Oct. 20 Open

Oct. 27 @ St. Michael* 7:30

Nov. 3 @ St. Thomas* 7:30

Nov. 10 St. Pius* 7:30 (Sr. Night)

Has Tarkington loss their mind?

• 6 months later...

its Nederland, hands down. Look at the size and talent level that they deal with year in and year out, and they still produce. The staff emphasizes heart and discipline and it shows in their play. Nederland isnt flashy, just gritty. WO-S has a good staff but they are loaded with 4A talent in the 3A classification, kind of like BC baseball.

Sorry Charlie!!!  WO-S has an awesome staff and many times it is just as difficult to coach the "talented kids" as anyone else.  Our coaching staff requires one main ingredient from each of its players...DISCIPLINE.  And, we often make up for our size with our speed which is again...a reflection on DISCIPLINE and yes...HEART. ;)

Guest ECBucFan

The sign of good coaching is when a team is consistently strong.  Newton, WOS, Nederland are elites in the area.  As far as other head coaches go, Tarver at BC has a history of achievement, as does Harper at Burkeville.

If I am not mistaken, EC has the longest running playoff streak in the area. 12 I think. And it ain't gonna end anytime soon!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder