Bruin Passes On UT!

Guest Ozen

For the most part high school football players grow up wanting to make the locals proud, and nothing is different with MSU commit Shane McCardell. That sometimes takes a different route, however, especially when the big-time school in the state – as in the Longhorns - doesn't offer. It adds even more impact when they come back in as an afterthought, and that thought process paid dividends for Mississippi State.

McCardell plans to sign with MSU at 8:30 in the morning

"He got the offer from Texas, but we talked to coach Giles and we are sticking with Mississippi State," commented McCardell's spokesman, his dad Nathaniel."

So what is it like to get an offer from the biggest state school in the country, yet to turn that offer down?

"That's big, but the thing we sat and talked about was that they were late," the elder McCardell commented. "When I talked to Giles he told me they had been looking at Shane for quite some time, but they decided to go with some other defensive ends, but when those fell through, they wanted to come back to see if Shane as still interested.

"He was flattered and I was flattered, but we went up to Mississippi State ad Shane loved it. He is going to stay with Mississippi State and that was his decision.

"He is still is (flattered), but like I said - Texas is big in Texas - so we are flattered, but I told Giles that we were going to go ahead and stick with Mississippi State. If he would have gotten in earlier we probably would have gone up there on a visit and looked around, but it was Friday when he contacted us and we couldn't make it up there Saturday and we just decided to go ahead and stick with out decision."

McCardell is set to sign first thing Wednesday morning.

"Wednesday at 8:30 we are going to go ahead and sign with Mississippi State at Westbrook High School," his dad commented.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin