Silsbee JV vs. HJ JV Brawl??

Guest Kelly Football

wasnt really a brawl silsbee had a last second shot for the game but missed an an hj player grabbed the rebound with 2 seconds left they tried to foul him but refs didnt call it after the game was done they pushed him down and then the HJ player got back up and was mad but his teammate held him back while the other player was angry so the cops had to tackle him and restrain him it was a great game hated to see it end this way

Guest OFballer

So let me get this straight, the cops had to come on the floor and tackle a SIlsbee JV player. And this is right after 2 Silsbee players were suspended for fighting the game before? What is going on over there in SIlsbee? DId the HJ player push the Silsbee player after the hard foul?

no the HJ player got back up as was mad but his teammate helb him back but i dont think he was going to fight...i think it was mostly silsbee but im sure someone on here will tell you how it was HJ's fault this time and WOS's fault last time because they can do no wrong at Silsbee

Guest nostradamus

Look, lets end this conversation right now.

Here is what happened:

1.  Silsbee missed last second shot to win game

2.  HJ player got rebound and covered ball to have time run out

3.  HJ players raises hands in celebration after buzzer goes off

4.  Silsbee player pushes HJ player

5.  HJ player falls back-gets up-goes toward Silsbee player

6.  Cops/Administrators stepped in and broke it up

7.  Cops had trouble restraining one Silsbee player

Emotions ran high.....that was it.....the reason and only reason cops were involved is because there was a large amount of security there for the varsity game. 

Just for the record, I think it is pitiful that ANY news station would feel the need to show a skirmish from a JV game on the 10 o'clock news.  That is part of the problem with our society and our children.  Crap like that gets glorified on the news.

Guest OFballer

From what I'm hearing, this situation (just like at WOS) was blown way out of proportion. However, Silsbee is getting a reputation for the WRONG reason. They are too good of a basketball team to have this garbage going on.

From what I'm hearing, this situation (just like at WOS) was blown way out of proportion. However, Silsbee is getting a reputation for the WRONG reason. They are too good of a basketball team to have this garbage going on.

\

And it doesn't help when the local media (channel 4) finds it necessary to show footage on the 10pm news, especially the part they showed.........a comment was made about it not being in it's entireity.........however, very distasteful IMO. Nothing was gained by it..........the other channels 6 & 12 didn't air it :-\

Not defending any of the actions of Silsbee players in any way..........regardless of who thinks started what.........it shouldn't happen.........I just don't feel it should be flanted all over the news channels, especially if you're not going to show the ENTIRE footage for all to see!

Guest nostradamus

I agree and think that it shouldn't matter if they had all the footage or not.  It is a JV game for crying out loud and nothing came of it.  It was handled and handled properly by the people designated to handle it.  It was not news worthy and as I said before is a big part of the reason why we have these types of things happen in the first place.  SOME media have no idea when they are crossing the line.

I didn't see the footage but I am glad some media ran it.

I hope it embarrasses anyone and everyone involved.

i am pretty sure that everyone involved was already embarassed by their actions before the news showed it... it was a battle all gmae long and things got a little out of hand but were handled you are a sick human being for being happy a news channel would show kids showing some emotion the news should NOT have showed it shows how badly they want an interesting story to run.. shows how classless channel 4 is and how much class channels 6 and 12 have

I didn't see the footage but I am glad some media ran it.

I hope it embarrasses anyone and everyone involved.

I don't agree with you, because it didn't include "everyone" involved, very isolated.

but then that is why we call it a public forum..........you do have the right to your opinion!

I for on was appalled to see the footage on the news.  The bad thing was, all it showed was a cop on the floor on top of a silsbee player.  Never should have been on TV.  No one wins in this situation, it just makes some people more angry and things like this will happen again.

I would have liked to seen the Highlights of the JV game, by the way it was awesome...as well as the Varsity one behind it, istead of the incident that aired, but unfortunately thats not what the news is about. I think the highlights for the varsity games were shorter than the incident at the end of the JV game.

Sad huh...

ALL THE STORIES ON THIS STORY ARE NOT REALLY CORRECT....

IT ALL STARTED WEN SILSBEE MISSED THE GO AHEAD POINT OF THE GAME AND THEY TRIED TO COMMIT A FOUL BY RAPPING AROUND A HAWK PLAYER.THE BUZZARD WENT OFF AND THE PLAYER JERKED AWAY OUT THE SILSBEE PLAYERS ARM AND THATS WEN THE SILSBEE PLAYER PUSHED THE OTHER DOWN. THE COPS SWARMED THE COURT WITH SOME RIDICULOUS PUSHING.. THEY ARE DEAD WRONG FOR WHAT THEY DID..BOTH TEAMS PLAYED A GOOD GAME CONGRADULATIONS TO H-J BIRDS THEY PLAYED WELL...WAIT A MINUTE THE VARSITY GOT SPANKED LOL M.WHIZZIE DOESN'T HAVE NOTHIN TO SAY ABOUT THAT HUH

IT ALL STARTED WEN SILSBEE MISSED THE GO AHEAD POINT OF THE GAME AND THEY TRIED TO COMMIT A FOUL BY RAPPING AROUND A HAWK PLAYER.THE BUZZARD WENT OFF AND THE PLAYER JERKED AWAY OUT THE SILSBEE PLAYERS ARM AND THATS WEN THE SILSBEE PLAYER PUSHED THE OTHER DOWN. THE COPS SWARMED THE COURT WITH SOME RIDICULOUS PUSHING.. THEY ARE DEAD WRONG FOR WHAT THEY DID..BOTH TEAMS PLAYED A GOOD GAME CONGRADULATIONS TO H-J BIRDS THEY PLAYED WELL...WAIT A MINUTE THE VARSITY GOT SPANKED LOL M.WHIZZIE DOESN'T HAVE NOTHIN TO SAY ABOUT THAT HUH

Y is your name setxreporter? go report somewhere else.... what YOU think is facts is nothing but a load of crap..... 2 points really is gett spanked huh? even though if the last shot of the game was a cm to the left (if sitting on the visitor side) then the game would have went to h-j......this is not soccer...loosing by 2 points is not getting spanked...

Y is your name setxreporter? go report somewhere else.... what YOU think is facts is nothing but a load of crap..... 2 points really is gett spanked huh? even though if the last shot of the game was a cm to the left (if sitting on the visitor side) then the game would have went to h-j......this is not soccer...loosing by 2 points is not getting spanked...

what a great game well played and coached by two of the best programs in the state and your right 2pts  would not be considered a spanking but since on january 17 you Hjsc predicted Hj by 15 I bet it feels like it

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder