WOS/Silsbee Game- Suspended..Discuss Here

Lazeek

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i wonder how long before anyone knows if anyone will be suspended, i would guess monday at least

I would guess a week or so probably.

Are you saying it will be a week or more before we find out if and who will be suspended or you saying that players will be suspended for a week or more. I think 24 was asking when will we find out.

Guest tigersvoice

i wonder how long before anyone knows if anyone will be suspended, i would guess monday at least

I don't know, but it seems like the determination would have to be made before TUESDAY's game between Hardin-Jefferson and Silsbee at Silsbee.  This game has district championship implications and who gets to play needs to be finalized before then.

It won't matter if they were on the floor or not if the benches cleared.There are all kinds of ramifications when kids come off the bench.I hate to say it because I'm a huge fan but it was just a matter of time before someting like this happened regardless of the teams.The high school game has gotten completely out of the officials control.I'm not from Silsbee or WOS but the players involved in this should be suspended,if not we can look for more of the same.

I would guess a week or so probably.

Are you saying it will be a week or more before we find out if and who will be suspended or you saying that players will be suspended for a week or more. I think 24 was asking when will we find out.

I would guess a week before If or any suspensions were handed down.

thats going to be a big blow to silsbee if people get suspended for this seems how h-j silsbee game is tuesday....

But hey (note to all Silsbee people)

saying from experience

it seems that other teams don't like people that are BETTER than them, coming in there and beating them....example: h-j and lcm....its ok we no silsbee is the better team and WOS has to try and win something.....good job for the win silsbee and hopefully this result in few suspension so we have a good game to watch tuesday.... as much as i want to beat yall. im going to be upset if we beat all bad JUST because of suspensions.... i want to watch a good game!!!

Best case scenario is that there are no suspensions for Silsbee players. I've got a brainstorm, Let's postpone the game until all players from both teams are there, Burrell for HJ and any Silsbee player who might be reprimanded from Friday nites game. I don't think anyone wants to see this game played shorthanded by either team. We've waited too long for this game to happen!!!

It won't matter if they were on the floor or not if the benches cleared.There are all kinds of ramifications when kids come off the bench.I hate to say it because I'm a huge fan but it was just a matter of time before someting like this happened regardless of the teams.The high school game has gotten completely out of the officials control.I'm not from Silsbee or WOS but the players involved in this should be suspended,if not we can look for more of the same.

Best case scenario is that there are no suspensions for Silsbee players. I've got a brainstorm, Let's postpone the game until all players from both teams are there, Burrell for HJ and any Silsbee player who might be reprimanded from Friday nites game. I don't think anyone wants to see this game played shorthanded by either team. We've waited too long for this game to happen!!!

No suspensions? I agree. Kick em off the team. Kick all involved off the teams. Ban the fans that joined in from all school events. No room for stupid crap like this. Well unless their goal is to get to the NBA. Then let em play and consider it training..... ::)

i agree but look at the bright side....we will probably see each other again in the regional finals with hopefully everyone back from being hurt and suspended

I wondered when this was going to happen. I posted an article not long ago about Chicago schools playing on Saturday afternoon in closed gyms because of fights on the court.

Lets get real for a moment. The problem isnt with the kids or coaches although all involved out to be suspended along with the coaches for allowing players off the bench.

Look the UIL needs to have meeting with all Officials chapters and get them to start calling the game tighter. In other words playing basketball instead of football. Just because the NBA has gotten so rough doesnt mean we should lose sight of how to teach the game to these kids. Tighten up the game and let the fouls flow and I guaranty you the coaches will adjust along with the players and we can get back to watching basketball. Of course this has to be statewide in order to level the playing field. That would take some work by the UIL(the worst Highschool org. Ive ever seen)

On a lighter note, I went to a fight the other night and a basketball game broke out. ;D

Guest DickVitale

I hope that they had everything on film..That saved me back in 2004-05 when my team was ABOUT to fight on the road when I was coaching in Dallas...The fans were throwing things at my kids, the Crandall kids were playing dirty, and my guys were about to lose it!! To make matters worse it was New Years Eve and there was NO security, and NO administrators present!! NONE...There was an assistant football coach on the clock, and when I asked about the fans throwing things he said "they paid there money, they can do and say what they want.." I knew we were in trouble so I asked the refs and they shrugged their shoulders as well..It was non district and we were up by a bunch, so I took them off of the floor and boarded the bus with about 2 minutes left in the 4th after yet another hard, flagrant foul...The story had been so distorted by the time I got back to school, My AD had to launch an investigation...Parents and video tape proved what I was saying all along...Glad to be back home!! ;D 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder