Men's Basketball Beats Rice 69-60

Guest abovetherim

Guest abovetherim

I'm really surprised at how close this game was. With two minutes left I PM'd Coop to get his thoughts and UH was only up by six. Now, what else blows my mind about this game was the attendance. 1,175 people watched UH and the Rice Owls who both call Houston home. I can't believe there isn't more support for a school like UH. They have been to 5 Final Four's in the history of their basketball program.

Don't believe me, here is the game report per the UH athletic website.....

http://uhcougars.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/recaps/012308aab.html

Guest abovetherim

I don't really think there is any excuse, but ticket and parking prices had a lot to do with this.  Rice students got in free, but tickets were $20 for everyone else.  And parking was $10/car.

I can buy that as a excuse for the UH students but Rice no way. Those nerds have money or they wouldn't be attending Rice University. (Before anyone gets upset, everyone calls students at Rice "nerds" and student's at Lamar are called a certain name to) It's all in fun and I would have died if I could have attended Rice so please know my comment is all in fun.

Now back to the game, I still can't believe they didn't have at least 3,000-4,000 there. Lord how many people live in Houston? Coach Wilson is done after this season at Rice. There is no way he'll be back will that type of student support. 

Guest coachacola

Houston's always been a fickle sports town.  They'll turn out if a team is winning, but otherwise they don't care too much.  Rice is renovating Autry Court and can't play there, so they've been alternating between the Merrill Center and Reliant Court.  You know that can't help much.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    fasedo9317
    Newest Member
    fasedo9317