LeBron ticketed for driving 101 mph on 23rd birthday

LeBron ticketed for driving 101 mph on 23rd birthday

Ohio (AP) — LeBron James was ticketed by the State Highway Patrol for driving 101 mph on an interstate highway.

The Cleveland Cavaliers star was cited in a 65 mph zone on Interstate 71 near Medina at 2:43 a.m. on Dec. 30 — his 23rd birthday.

Cleveland attorney Colin Jennings filed a not guilty plea for James on Tuesday in Medina Municipal Court. A hearing is scheduled for Feb. 11, the same day the Cavaliers are scheduled to play in Orlando against the Magic.

Other details about the traffic stop were not available.

An e-mail was sent to James' publicist seeking comment Sunday night. James' agent, Keith Estabrook, couldn't be reached.

he will probably get off with a slap on the wrist!

just about anybody commiting this crime would get off with a slap on the wrist.  i do think that his team should punish him, though.  not because it's some tremedously scandalous crime, but because he might have to miss a game because of it.  if you're going to do something stupid like this that could hurt your team, you deserve a fine or suspension (not to mention how he would've hurt the team had he crashed going this fast)

[quote name="Roll_Left15" post="316357" timestamp="1200477254"]
He got a ticket for speeding....yes, I know he was going 101 mph, but hey people make mistakes.  It's not like he held up a guy in an alley somewhere (Maurice Clarrett) or punched a stripper in the face (Pac Man)!  He should just pay a fine and people should just let it go........
[/quote]

i agree with you that the action was not on the serious end of the scale of stupid things that pro athletes do, but it was still pretty damn stupid.  If it gets dismissed, then no worries, but if it doesn't and he has to miss a game for a hearing, he deserves to get punished by his team. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    pngbaseball33
    Newest Member
    pngbaseball33