Underclassmen talent??

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know two of the best freshman this year in the area are Amir Jalali from pn-g and Jordan Darnall from wo-s. They are both going to be impact players and Darnall is probably going to be playing varsity and making an impact in his district. Jalali will be very solid no matter what level he plays on.

Nederland has some pretty good talent top to bottom.  Freshmen:  Tyler Smith, Anthony Babineaux, Jacob Pitts, Ben Jones, & Stephen Schlett to name a few.  Sophomores:  Cody Laird, Ryan Brady, Nick Cardenas, and Dylan Campbell.  Juniors not on Varsity in '07 but maybe this year:  Samuel Rodahl & Conrad Roberts.  If the coach uses them right, he should be in good shape for the next several years with the Juniors he already has on Varsity from last year. 

I don't understand why Nederland has not recently performed better in their district. I know it is one of the toughest in the state but they seem to have talent and depth according to these posts and others. They are home to a great Babe Ruth program. Not many are predicting them to finish in the top three this year. I don't want to minimize the talent at LCM, Port Neches, Vidor and the other schools but am I missing something?

VOP, I wouldn't say Nederland hasn't been successful in recent years. Yes, last year they missed playoffs but they were extremely young and lacked solid senior leadership....however in '05 they were undefeated Dist.Champs and #2 in the state, in '06 they made another quality run in the playoffs. They are the same group this year as last, except with a little more experience. We will see how they stack up in what is already an extremely deep 22-4a.

I don't understand why Nederland has not recently performed better in their district. I know it is one of the toughest in the state but they seem to have talent and depth according to these posts and others. They are home to a great Babe Ruth program. Not many are predicting them to finish in the top three this year. I don't want to minimize the talent at LCM, Port Neches, Vidor and the other schools but am I missing something?

yes nederland does have a great babe ruth program but the 13-15 year old babe ruth is made up of kids from all over jefferson county and alot of port neches people play with them and in senior babe ruth people from all over this area play there were 4 nederland kids on the 16 year old allstars and maybe 5 on the 17-18 year old allstars so although nederland has a good babe ruth it is supported by alot of players who play for schools other than nederland

yes nederland does have a great babe ruth program but the 13-15 year old babe ruth is made up of kids from all over jefferson county and alot of port neches people play with them and in senior babe ruth people from all over this area play there were 4 nederland kids on the 16 year old allstars and maybe 5 on the 17-18 year old allstars so although nederland has a good babe ruth it is supported by alot of players who play for schools other than nederland

Not a big fan of the punctuation, there, huh?

Guest justyn15

I know two of the best freshman this year in the area are Amir Jalali from pn-g and Jordan Darnall from wo-s. They are both going to be impact players and Darnall is probably going to be playing varsity and making an impact in his district. Jalali will be very solid no matter what level he plays on.

[/quote/]

Darnall is a really good ball player! he is solid at defense and that boy can crush a ball!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wew
    Newest Member
    wew