Liberty Job Open/Down To 2!!!!!/LIBERTY HIRES!!

setxguru

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this superintendent is not gone from Liberty soon, my boys will be wearing purple and white and playing in a great stadium at a school that actually cares about academics and athletics, instead of caring about neither....Sorry a little frustrated.

Come on over--you will like it!

I can't speak to the Super's record since I know nothing of her past, but I can for certain say that a strong athletic program, both girls and boys, is very important to several of the board members since I know several of them.

As for an applicant turning down the job, I know there are reasons absolutely unrelated to current administration for why it was turned down.

I know it is hard, but we all need to be patient and let this thing run its course.

I can't speak to the Super's record since I know nothing of her past, but I can for certain say that a strong athletic program, both girls and boys, is very important to several of the board members since I know several of them.

As for an applicant turning down the job, I know there are reasons absolutely unrelated to current administration for why it was turned down.

I know it is hard, but we all need to be patient and let this thing run its course.

Are you a board memeber?

Run its course, damn, they knew since last year that Stewart was not coming back after this season.  The season was over in November, they didn't post it until December, and accepted applications until the end of January.  February has come and gone. Here it is, the first of March and still know athletic director/head football coach. 

I did here a while back that the Supt. wanted to put together a committee to hire the AD/HF.  The board voted against that and said they wanted to hire the AD/HF.  So I think what ever happens, good or bad, it's on that board. 

Run its course, dang, they knew since last year that Stewart was not coming back after this season.  The season was over in November, they didn't post it until December, and accepted applications until the end of January.  February has come and gone. Here it is, the first of March and still know athletic director/head football coach. 

I did here a while back that the Supt. wanted to put together a committee to hire the AD/HF.  The board voted against that and said they wanted to hire the AD/HF.  So I think what ever happens, good or bad, it's on that board. 

The buck always stops with the board----they have been slow but they will work through it---the MOST important thing is to get it right

If this superintendent is not gone from Liberty soon, my boys will be wearing purple and white and playing in a great stadium at a school that actually cares about academics and athletics, instead of caring about neither....Sorry a little frustrated.

Come on over--you will like it!

lol :D :D :D

No, I am not a board member.

And I agree with Diamond-J, it is on the board.  If they screw this up, I would think that it will be reflected in future elections.

Papasmurf, I understand your frustration, but everybody knows that there are certain rules and procedures and State laws that the school board must abide by when hiring for these kinds of positions.  I would think that they are simply following the correct protocol for this kind of thing.

Since my man Coach Taylor is no longer in the running, I really don't care who gets this job.  I know Donald Douglas is still in the hunt, thanks to Dr. Griffin, Huckabay, and from what I have heard the other two didn't even get a interview the first go round.  That is why they have kept everything so quite.  They didn't want people to know who interviewed or who didn't so that when this type of situation occurs they don't look so bad.  However, one has already turned it down and that got out.  The coach from Kountze didn't get an interview the first time, now he will be interviewing on Tuesday or Wednesday from what I have heard.  Believe me, I know all of this is speculation and everybody on here could be completely wrong, including myself.  But after a month, who really cares.

Did i hear that super wanted to have a committee to help with the interviews and the board wanted to do it on their own? So, there are 4 interviews this week.... 2 are 2nd interviews and the other 2 didn't have a 1st interview yet? What a tangled web we weave as we practice to deceive.

Salary and facilities--I really would like to see our neighbors to the east step up and upgrade the Athletic Dept---top to bottom

I agree. But, until we start getting more participation in athletics, I dont think anything will change.

I think we should just cut the football program, invest the old football budget into gold bonds. Then we could wait until the Euro surpases the dollar by another $1.50. Then we can all have new chemistry books and maybe even soap in the boys bathrooms.

Maybe the schoolboard could just get this over with that way they could worry about all the other problems L.I.S.D. has....because I can promise you that FOOTBALL COACH shouldnt be at the top of their agenda..

I agree with pantherplaya they need to get every other bad thing that the high school has fixed also, but i also think that the football choice is important and they need to pick the righ man for it. Now i wish it would have been done with like everybody else but it is important

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83