Jump to content

Who Wins?  

35 members have voted

  1. 1. Who Wins?


  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 10/02/2026 at 11:00 PM

Recommended Posts

Posted
23 hours ago, ghostbuster99 said:

I would hope not at least not for now.

I Agree! Our offense isn't setup for a QB like Lane that doesn't have the speed to scramble. Collins is somewhat faster it seems but look at the last two previous QB's we had and they were extremely fast. I support the Coaches and they will figure it all out. Gestring coming back will definitely be a huge part of the running game for us as well. 

Posted
1 hour ago, spidersal said:

The last 2 QB’s were good athletes and were fast, however they were not good QB’s because they passing was so inaccurate They would have been good RB’s or receivers

Hard to be a great qb when you are running for your life Spidersal

Posted

what has lane done wrong? 3 td against westbrook 2 passing, 1 rushing.

5 hours ago, Smashem1984 said:

I Agree! Our offense isn't setup for a QB like Lane that doesn't have the speed to scramble. Collins is somewhat faster it seems but look at the last two previous QB's we had and they were extremely fast. I support the Coaches and they will figure it all out. Gestring coming back will definitely be a huge part of the running game for us as 

Posted
3 hours ago, robbin said:

what has lane done wrong? 3 td against westbrook 2 passing, 1 rushing.

Me personally I don't think he's done anything wrong, but this type of situation happens in college all the time. The starter get hurt and if the backup comes in and plays good he deserves to continue playing unless he either gets hurt or just has a terrible game. I'm pretty sure the same situation happened to PNG the same year they won state. I wouldn't be surprised if they play both I don't think it's that hard to hand the ball off 100 times a game.🤣

Posted

Nederland didn’t start the season the way they wanted, but they may have gone through exactly the kind of adversity that can build a tougher football team. They lost their starting QB, dealt with injuries, had to adjust offensively, and instead of folding, they’ve won two straight. The defense is playing hard, the running game gives them an identity, and the team appears to be developing confidence. Now the question isn’t what Nederland was in Weeks 1 and 2—it’s what this team becomes after everything they’ve already been through…. 

Posted
On 9/29/2026 at 5:29 PM, robbin said:

what has lane done wrong? 3 td against westbrook 2 passing, 1 rushing.

He didn’t have 3 touchdown passes and 2 rushing!!

😎

Posted

We have to remember that Coach Rich is now getting kids from his own program that have been through what he wants to do as a coach coming up thorough the lower grades. His identity is now  showing up. I believe he s a good coach and it will show in the next few seasons. I believe Nederland is about to transform into something we have not seen in a while. 

Posted
10 hours ago, tvc184 said:

He didn’t have 3 touchdown passes and 2 rushing!!

😎

where did that say 3 td passes? he had 2 passing and 1 rushing thanks tho!

1 to summers, then 1 to contreras, then 1 rushing 

Posted
On 9/29/2026 at 10:04 PM, Mountain Goat said:

I’d be surprised if Nederland didn’t win by 5 TDs. Nederland 55 Lee 7

I don’t think they will score that much even though it is possible, the coaches are to focused on clock management.

Posted
6 hours ago, prepballfan said:

We have to remember that Coach Rich is now getting kids from his own program that have been through what he wants to do as a coach coming up thorough the lower grades. His identity is now  showing up. I believe he s a good coach and it will show in the next few seasons. I believe Nederland is about to transform into something we have not seen in a while. 

I’m sorry but it doesn’t matter how long Rich has been here or how long he’s going to be here his success will only be determined by the talent he has at the time. His first year he was senior heavy team and it paid off. Last year was a down year but 3 of those games were winnable it just came down to coaching. Now this year and next year he has the talent to go 2-3 rounds in the playoff but that’s to be determined depending on coaching. I’m routing for them though. 

Posted
17 minutes ago, ghostbuster99 said:

I’m sorry but it doesn’t matter how long Rich has been here or how long he’s going to be here his success will only be determined by the talent he has at the time. His first year he was senior heavy team and it paid off. Last year was a down year but 3 of those games were winnable it just came down to coaching. Now this year and next year he has the talent to go 2-3 rounds in the playoff but that’s to be determined depending on coaching. I’m routing for them though. 

Preach! 

Posted
15 minutes ago, ghostbuster99 said:

I’m sorry but it doesn’t matter how long Rich has been here or how long he’s going to be here his success will only be determined by the talent he has at the time. His first year he was senior heavy team and it paid off. Last year was a down year but 3 of those games were winnable it just came down to coaching. Now this year and next year he has the talent to go 2-3 rounds in the playoff but that’s to be determined depending on coaching. I’m routing for them though. 

LOL!

PS, you think Nederland had better talent than Crawford?  Or were they better coached?!

Posted
45 minutes ago, ghostbuster99 said:

I’m sorry but it doesn’t matter how long Rich has been here or how long he’s going to be here his success will only be determined by the talent he has at the time. His first year he was senior heavy team and it paid off. Last year was a down year but 3 of those games were winnable it just came down to coaching. Now this year and next year he has the talent to go 2-3 rounds in the playoff but that’s to be determined depending on coaching. I’m routing for them though. 

For the better part of the last 30+ years, Nederland football has never been about having the most talented athletes on the field. It has been about having the right system, being fundamentally sound, being coached well, and playing for something bigger than yourself.

The name on the front of the jersey has always meant more than the name on the back.

Nederland has built its tradition on discipline, toughness, preparation, accountability, and eleven guys believing in the guy lined up next to them. You don’t have to have the biggest stars—you have to have a team that plays like a team.

Talent can win you a game. Culture, preparation, and playing together can build a program.

That’s Nederland football. Nederland lost its identity for a few years. I believe they have found that identity again. 

Posted

A very nice post, however the coaching staff before Rich had zero discipline They may have lead the state in personal foul penalties with the majority of those being late hits

Hopefully they are getting the discipline back to where it needs to be

Posted
2 hours ago, navydawg31 said:

For the better part of the last 30+ years, Nederland football has never been about having the most talented athletes on the field. It has been about having the right system, being fundamentally sound, being coached well, and playing for something bigger than yourself.

The name on the front of the jersey has always meant more than the name on the back.

Nederland has built its tradition on discipline, toughness, preparation, accountability, and eleven guys believing in the guy lined up next to them. You don’t have to have the biggest stars—you have to have a team that plays like a team.

Talent can win you a game. Culture, preparation, and playing together can build a program.

That’s Nederland football. Nederland lost its identity for a few years. I believe they have found that identity again. 

That is also apart of the problem Nederland is still living in the past while everyone else is passing them up. Having a system is good when you have the kids to run that system. Good coaches adjust their system to the talent that they have at the time. I'll come back to this post in 2 years after these kids have graduated, so we can see if that is still the case.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Member Statistics

    46,964
    Total Members
    1,837
    Most Online
    Hutch
    Newest Member
    Hutch
    Joined
×
×
  • Create New...