NHSBulldogFan Posted Sunday at 11:53 PM Report Posted Sunday at 11:53 PM Rain in the forecast Friday night Mr. Buddy Garrity 1 Quote
Smashem1984 Posted Monday at 02:17 AM Report Posted Monday at 02:17 AM Lane back at QB1 spot for Big Ned??? Quote
BBfan061 Posted Monday at 02:49 PM Report Posted Monday at 02:49 PM Nederland… Baytown Lee is pretty bad Quote
ghostbuster99 Posted Monday at 05:48 PM Report Posted Monday at 05:48 PM 15 hours ago, Smashem1984 said: Lane back at QB1 spot for Big Ned??? I would hope not at least not for now. Quote
Smashem1984 Posted Tuesday at 04:59 PM Report Posted Tuesday at 04:59 PM 23 hours ago, ghostbuster99 said: I would hope not at least not for now. I Agree! Our offense isn't setup for a QB like Lane that doesn't have the speed to scramble. Collins is somewhat faster it seems but look at the last two previous QB's we had and they were extremely fast. I support the Coaches and they will figure it all out. Gestring coming back will definitely be a huge part of the running game for us as well. ghostbuster99 1 Quote
spidersal Posted Tuesday at 06:42 PM Report Posted Tuesday at 06:42 PM The last 2 QB’s were good athletes and were fast, however they were not good QB’s because they passing was so inaccurate They would have been good RB’s or receivers Quote
Smashem1984 Posted Tuesday at 07:43 PM Report Posted Tuesday at 07:43 PM 1 hour ago, spidersal said: The last 2 QB’s were good athletes and were fast, however they were not good QB’s because they passing was so inaccurate They would have been good RB’s or receivers Hard to be a great qb when you are running for your life Spidersal Quote
AggiesAreWe Posted Tuesday at 07:59 PM Report Posted Tuesday at 07:59 PM Massey projections has this one 46-7 Nederland ghostbuster99 1 Quote
robbin Posted Tuesday at 10:29 PM Report Posted Tuesday at 10:29 PM what has lane done wrong? 3 td against westbrook 2 passing, 1 rushing. 5 hours ago, Smashem1984 said: I Agree! Our offense isn't setup for a QB like Lane that doesn't have the speed to scramble. Collins is somewhat faster it seems but look at the last two previous QB's we had and they were extremely fast. I support the Coaches and they will figure it all out. Gestring coming back will definitely be a huge part of the running game for us as navydawg31 and tvc184 2 Quote
ghostbuster99 Posted yesterday at 02:02 AM Report Posted yesterday at 02:02 AM 3 hours ago, robbin said: what has lane done wrong? 3 td against westbrook 2 passing, 1 rushing. Me personally I don't think he's done anything wrong, but this type of situation happens in college all the time. The starter get hurt and if the backup comes in and plays good he deserves to continue playing unless he either gets hurt or just has a terrible game. I'm pretty sure the same situation happened to PNG the same year they won state. I wouldn't be surprised if they play both I don't think it's that hard to hand the ball off 100 times a game.🤣 Quote
navydawg31 Posted yesterday at 02:40 AM Report Posted yesterday at 02:40 AM Nederland didn’t start the season the way they wanted, but they may have gone through exactly the kind of adversity that can build a tougher football team. They lost their starting QB, dealt with injuries, had to adjust offensively, and instead of folding, they’ve won two straight. The defense is playing hard, the running game gives them an identity, and the team appears to be developing confidence. Now the question isn’t what Nederland was in Weeks 1 and 2—it’s what this team becomes after everything they’ve already been through…. Quote
Mountain Goat Posted yesterday at 03:04 AM Report Posted yesterday at 03:04 AM I’d be surprised if Nederland didn’t win by 5 TDs. Nederland 55 Lee 7 Quote
AggiesAreWe Posted 22 hours ago Report Posted 22 hours ago DCTF has Nederland as a 39 point favorite. Quote
tvc184 Posted 13 hours ago Report Posted 13 hours ago On 9/29/2026 at 5:29 PM, robbin said: what has lane done wrong? 3 td against westbrook 2 passing, 1 rushing. He didn’t have 3 touchdown passes and 2 rushing!! 😎 Quote
prepballfan Posted 8 hours ago Report Posted 8 hours ago We have to remember that Coach Rich is now getting kids from his own program that have been through what he wants to do as a coach coming up thorough the lower grades. His identity is now showing up. I believe he s a good coach and it will show in the next few seasons. I believe Nederland is about to transform into something we have not seen in a while. Bigdog 1 Quote
robbin Posted 2 hours ago Report Posted 2 hours ago 10 hours ago, tvc184 said: He didn’t have 3 touchdown passes and 2 rushing!! 😎 where did that say 3 td passes? he had 2 passing and 1 rushing thanks tho! 1 to summers, then 1 to contreras, then 1 rushing Quote
ghostbuster99 Posted 2 hours ago Report Posted 2 hours ago On 9/29/2026 at 10:04 PM, Mountain Goat said: I’d be surprised if Nederland didn’t win by 5 TDs. Nederland 55 Lee 7 I don’t think they will score that much even though it is possible, the coaches are to focused on clock management. Quote
ghostbuster99 Posted 1 hour ago Report Posted 1 hour ago 6 hours ago, prepballfan said: We have to remember that Coach Rich is now getting kids from his own program that have been through what he wants to do as a coach coming up thorough the lower grades. His identity is now showing up. I believe he s a good coach and it will show in the next few seasons. I believe Nederland is about to transform into something we have not seen in a while. I’m sorry but it doesn’t matter how long Rich has been here or how long he’s going to be here his success will only be determined by the talent he has at the time. His first year he was senior heavy team and it paid off. Last year was a down year but 3 of those games were winnable it just came down to coaching. Now this year and next year he has the talent to go 2-3 rounds in the playoff but that’s to be determined depending on coaching. I’m routing for them though. Mr. Buddy Garrity 1 Quote
Mr. Buddy Garrity Posted 1 hour ago Report Posted 1 hour ago 17 minutes ago, ghostbuster99 said: I’m sorry but it doesn’t matter how long Rich has been here or how long he’s going to be here his success will only be determined by the talent he has at the time. His first year he was senior heavy team and it paid off. Last year was a down year but 3 of those games were winnable it just came down to coaching. Now this year and next year he has the talent to go 2-3 rounds in the playoff but that’s to be determined depending on coaching. I’m routing for them though. Preach! Quote
Reagan Posted 1 hour ago Author Report Posted 1 hour ago 15 minutes ago, ghostbuster99 said: I’m sorry but it doesn’t matter how long Rich has been here or how long he’s going to be here his success will only be determined by the talent he has at the time. His first year he was senior heavy team and it paid off. Last year was a down year but 3 of those games were winnable it just came down to coaching. Now this year and next year he has the talent to go 2-3 rounds in the playoff but that’s to be determined depending on coaching. I’m routing for them though. LOL! PS, you think Nederland had better talent than Crawford? Or were they better coached?! navydawg31 1 Quote
navydawg31 Posted 1 hour ago Report Posted 1 hour ago 45 minutes ago, ghostbuster99 said: I’m sorry but it doesn’t matter how long Rich has been here or how long he’s going to be here his success will only be determined by the talent he has at the time. His first year he was senior heavy team and it paid off. Last year was a down year but 3 of those games were winnable it just came down to coaching. Now this year and next year he has the talent to go 2-3 rounds in the playoff but that’s to be determined depending on coaching. I’m routing for them though. For the better part of the last 30+ years, Nederland football has never been about having the most talented athletes on the field. It has been about having the right system, being fundamentally sound, being coached well, and playing for something bigger than yourself. The name on the front of the jersey has always meant more than the name on the back. Nederland has built its tradition on discipline, toughness, preparation, accountability, and eleven guys believing in the guy lined up next to them. You don’t have to have the biggest stars—you have to have a team that plays like a team. Talent can win you a game. Culture, preparation, and playing together can build a program. That’s Nederland football. Nederland lost its identity for a few years. I believe they have found that identity again. Reagan and Bigdog 2 Quote
spidersal Posted 1 hour ago Report Posted 1 hour ago A very nice post, however the coaching staff before Rich had zero discipline They may have lead the state in personal foul penalties with the majority of those being late hits Hopefully they are getting the discipline back to where it needs to be Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.