****HERE'S THE 2007 SETXSPORTS.COM ALL SETX FOOTBALL TEAM****

I find this comment under the comments about Cory Bell simply amazing, since the only other Mustang defensive player to get on the team was Seth Thomas.

Corey Bell LB WO-S- The leader of perhaps the best defense in Southeast Texas

If it is the best defense in Southeast Texas, why weren't any other WO-S defensive players on the teams?

Anyway, congrats to all of those players who were honored with these awards!

(and it is ORTAVIOUS, not Octavious.)

Hey Coop,

There are many talented football players in Southeast Texas. We all know this. But I'm sorry to say that the SETXSPORTS.COM team raises questions when neither Zeke Schexneider or Clint Burnett's names showed up on any of the defenses. These guys were overlooked BIG TIME !!!

Guest noneed2know

I wonder if those of you complaining ever stop to consider the amount of time and effort it must take to put together these teams.  It's not like this website is staffed with fifty employees who all sit and calculate stats all day long.  It's a few guys that provide a FREE place for you all to come and voice your opinions and stay on top of happenings in our local sports arena.  They have other jobs and commitments, and still they manage to spend quite a bit of time on here providing this service to you.  When you call them out regarding awards that include a HUGE number of our kids, it belittles everything they've done to make this site what it is.

No matter how many kids they put on that team, someone is going to feel slighted.  It's the nature of awards in high school sports.  Disagreeing with what they've come up with is fine, but to say that the SETXsports team lost credibility?  That's just downright disrespectful.

I, for one, want to thank them for all of the countless hours they spend maintaining this site so that we have a place where we can openly express our opinions with one another. 

Congratulations to all of those who made the team....and to those that didn't but still worked just as hard this football season.

"Lost Credibility" was a poor choice of words and I apologize for that. A quick look at all of the all-district teams in the area has these two young men well represented. I guess it's a shame that because someone receives a scholarship to play D-1 football, sometimes "name recognition" lands them on these teams in place of players that had more deserving seasons THIS YEAR. Not meant to be a jab at Coop either !!!

Guest tigersvoice

I had the opportunity to see a lot of these players in action this past season.  The final selections had to be a hard task and thanks to the setxsports contributors that made the choices.  They are all well deserved and my congratulations

to these players and to all of the other team players that finished out the season.  If your team is not having a good

year the season seems soooooooo long.

You're right, pimpsmack... Let's take a look at the first three offensive and first three defensive teams ....

Dayton    - District Co-Champs - (State Semifinalists) - 5 players

Lumberton - District Co-Champs -      7 players

Nederland  - No Playoffs          -  4 players

PN-G        -  District Co-Champs - 2 Players

I'm just pointing out some issues.

For you to assume that there is bias is completely wrong. Coop mis-spoke earlier. You did not have to be nominated to be on the team, BUT you did have a huge leg up on everyone else if you were nominated. With that said, PNG had the least players nominated out of those 4 teams you mentioned. On top of that, I just went back and looked, and there was not one single PNG player nominated by yourself. Therefore, you have no room to complain. The value of the nomination thread is great. We don't have a set quota on how many players from a school is put on a team and never will. We pick the best players we know about and put them on the team.

congrats to all theyoung men who made the team and to the coach from lumberton your team did excellent this year keep  up the good work and may we meet each other next year hopefully district play .Im glad I didnt have to choose from these school to many great kids to much great tallent 

Guest noneed2know

You're right, pimpsmack... Let's take a look at the first three offensive and first three defensive teams ....

Dayton     - District Co-Champs - (State Semifinalists) - 5 players

Lumberton - District Co-Champs -      7 players

Nederland  - No Playoffs           -  4 players

PN-G        -  District Co-Champs - 2 Players

I'm just pointing out some issues.

I'm pretty sure most people on this board would agree that starting a post with "You're right, Pimpsmack" is never a good thing.  As far as your dissecting the picks the way you did, it's absurd.  Like a previous poster stated, if you were so concerned, why didn't you nominate any of these "Complete and Total Oversights?"

Sounds like sour grapes to me....here's a smiley for you to use everytime you post because it's all we hear from you...

blah-blah-0006.gif

I wonder if those of you complaining ever stop to consider the amount of time and effort it must take to put together these teams.  It's not like this website is staffed with fifty employees who all sit and calculate stats all day long.  It's a few guys that provide a FREE place for you all to come and voice your opinions and stay on top of happenings in our local sports arena.  They have other jobs and commitments, and still they manage to spend quite a bit of time on here providing this service to you.  When you call them out regarding awards that include a HUGE number of our kids, it belittles everything they've done to make this site what it is.

No matter how many kids they put on that team, someone is going to feel slighted.  It's the nature of awards in high school sports.  Disagreeing with what they've come up with is fine, but to say that the SETXsports team lost credibility?  That's just downright disrespectful.

I, for one, want to thank them for all of the countless hours they spend maintaining this site so that we have a place where we can openly express our opinions with one another. 

Congratulations to all of those who made the team....and to those that didn't but still worked just as hard this football season.

Very well said

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder