Vidor, Orangefield set for championship at noon

KFDM COOP

Vidor, Orangefield set for championship at noon

Gabriel Pruett

The Orange Leader

BRIDGE CITY — It will be an all-Orange County championship today at the Bridge City Basketball Tournament, it is just the host Cardinals figured to be playing at noon instead of 10:30 a.m.

The Vidor Pirates and Orangefield Bobcats will square off for the championship at noon after both teams went 2-0 on Thursday.

The Cardinals will face the Liberty Panthers at 10:30 a.m. for third place while Shepherd and Buna will battle at 9 a.m. for fifth place.

found their groove? the't they beat sheppard and bridge city. WOW! District will be much tougher. why didn't they play in a tougher tournament to get them ready for district? If they win the tournament that doesn't give them any confidence, they needed to play better competition, the kind they will face in district.

Guest catfever

How can you say Vidor was favored to win the tournament.  Just because they are 4A doesn't mean they are the best team.  OF has beaten 2 other teams from Vidors district who will probably beat Vidor also.  I guess it doesn't matter who is favored, just who wins.

Guest catfever

They had like nine kids dressed out.  One of them did look like he was a JV kid.  He had a black top on while the rest had white ones.  He only played at the very end though.

that's a horrible performance by vidor, who were favored to win the tournament, and lose by 16. they have a lot of work to do if they are hoping to get a win in district

who said they were favored to win the tourny?!?  I never heard that..........yes, our boys have some work to do but good Lord, we all still support them.  Or maybe by your standards, since there have been some WIN issues we should just abandon cheering them on?  They have played other tournys w/teams in our district.

COme guys from Orangegield.  The team is young with one senior.  I believe if I am not mistaken and I am not, that it took coach English 5 years to build his program and with the help of a good second coach named Roebrtson.  Give them a chance and don't go crazy.  They might not have been the favorite to win, but Orangefield has a darn good team.  Stop the Vidor bashing please.  I thought people from Orangefield were better than that.

Guest Williamson13

No comment about the game.....My advice..burn the tape and forget about it. Embarrasing perfomance for the williamson brothers. Hope they got that out of their system

Guest catfever

Those aren't Orangfield people bashing your team.  They are Vidor people.  I was defending the fact that Orangefield should have been favored in the first place.  I think that Vidor has a good team.  I think that Orangefield is better.  If I am not mistaken, Vidor only has one senior on the team.  Orangefield has more experience (my son being one of them).  I agree, people in Vidor need to be patient.  A new coach has a new system, even if he was the previous coach's assistant.  He has his own ideas, his own system.

tHIS IS FUNNY!Oilfeild & Vedor,going at it over b-ball.Oilfeild is probably the 4th place team in their own district,non district wins over average & below average 4a teams,is nothing to compare to district games vs.h-j,silsbee,&jasper.those teams press & fast break from the get go.So playing teams like vidor& ned. are'nt going to get you ready for the teams you have to beat to get to the playoffs.although that stall ball push & grab style o-feild plays has done decent in non-district.

Guest catfever

I don't know what the stall ball and push and grab that you are talkng about is, but we have played a decent non-district schedule.  The same type schools that Jasper, HJ, Silsbee, and WO-S have played.  Actually we played Silsbee in our tournament and lost by 1.  No that wasn't district, but it gives us a gauge of what we need to do to win.  Looking at schedules on this web site I see that Jasper played Vidor and LCM (we played both).  WOS played Nederland and PN-G (we played both).  HJ played LCM.  Silsbee played LCM and Nederland.  Teams sound familiar.  They must not be getting ready for district either.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder