OL  Adam Thomas  Celina  Sr. 

OL  Brock Wempa  Royse City  Jr. 

WR  Andrew Delgado  Lyford  Sr. 

WR  Houston Tuminello  Gilmer  Sr. 

QB  Richard Morrison  Royse City  Jr. 

RB  Jermie Calhoun  Van  Sr. 

RB  Will Clay  Snyder  Sr. 

RB  Chris Whaley  Madisonville  Jr. 

K  Clayton Reese  Tex. Pleas. Grove  Sr. 

Offensive Player Of The Year: Jermie Calhoun, Van 

FIRST-TEAM DEFENSE 

Pos.  Player  School  Class 

DL  Joseph Allsup  Lytle  Sr. 

DL  Troy Franklin  Celina  Sr. 

DL  Alonzo Garza  Rio Hondo  Jr. 

DL  Breck Holman  Celina  Sr. 

DL  Luis Peraza  Hidalgo  Sr. 

LB  Aaron Buckley  Palacios  Sr. 

LB  Ryan Epperson  Brownsboro  Sr. 

LB  Alonzo Whaley  Madisonville  Sr. 

LB  Mark Farmer  Pittsburg  Sr. 

LB  Corey Lee  Andrews  Sr. 

LB  D'anton Lynn  Celina  Sr. 

LB  Trey Rauscheck  Navasota  Sr. 

P  Nick Baker  Fairfield  Sr. 

Defensive Player Of The Year: Aaron Buckley, Palacios 

SECOND-TEAM OFFENSE

Linemen: Joe Garza, Snyder, Sr.; James Huff, Clyde, Sr.; Chase Maldonado, Vernon, Sr.; C.J. Nielson, Celina, Sr.; Josue Vasquez, Rio Hondo, Sr.

Ends/Receivers: Brady Brown, Argyle, Jr.; James Kilpatrick, Bridgeport, Sr.

Quarterback: Brock Fitzhenry, Giddings, Sr.; JJ Harp, Argyle, Sr.

Running backs: Justin Johnson, Gilmer, Sr.; Dexter Pratt, Navasota, Jr.; Henry Solis, Palacios, Sr.

Kicker: Marcos Rodriguez, Mineola

SECOND-TEAM DEFENSE

Linemen: Anthony Aguilar, Clint, Sr.; Jim Guinn, Graham, Sr.; Kaeron Johnson, Cuero, Sr.; Colby Smith, Clyde, Jr.

Linebackers: Clay Anthony, Monahans, Sr.; Will Henry, Waco LaVega, Sr.; Clay Hirt, Snyder, Jr.; Oscar Hernandez, Royse City, Jr.; Trevor Sparks, Graham, Sr.

Backs: Austen Brewer, Wills Point, Sr.; Mark Lentz, Lytle, Sr.; Justin Rogers, Royse City, Jr.; Garrett Simper, Gonzales, Sr.

Punter: Clay Anthony, Monahans, Sr.

HONORABLE MENTION OFFENSE

Linemen: Ben Butler, Graham; Brandon Carrico, Mabank; Michael Charron, Kennedale; Danny "Junior" Frazier, Sweetwater; Tyler Hunt, Burkburnett; Brennan Johnson, Athens; Chris Ramirez, Sweetwater; Ryan Rumbelow, Bullard

Ends/Receivers: Cody Burton, Gonzales; Ronnie Dennis, West Orange-Stark; Ryan Dockery, La Grange; Mark Farmer, Pittsburg; Carlos Gallegos, Royse City; Matt Handler, Argyle; Hunter Harris, Glen Rose; Mike Hicks, China Spring; Brandal Jackson, Navasota; Kaeron Johnson, Cuero; Blane Knipe, Snyder

Quarterbacks: Colton Browning, Mabank; Gralyn Crawford, Palestine Westwood; Lance Day, Snyder; Dustin Eskew, China Spring; Johnny Esparza, Lyford; Darian Godfrey, Gilmer; Cameron Green, Bridgeport; Vincent McNeil, Dallas Roosevelt; Niko Salinas, Pleasanton

Running backs: Doug Allman, Liberty Hill; Gavan Bass, Fairfield; Xavier Canto, Caldwell; Auston Davis, Sweetwater; DePauldrick Garrett, West Orange-Stark; Bryce Golightly, Levelland; Dustin Gonzales, Liberty Hill; Francisco Jacquez, Fort Stockton; LaMichael James, Texarkana Liberty-Eylau; Cory Jones, Mineola; Clayton Joping, Lytle; Curtis Kevil, Clyde; Jacob Martinez, Rio Hondo; D.J. Morrow, Palestine Westwood; Nolan Nuñez, Port Isabel; Moses Rodriguez, Poteet; Matthew Tucker, Tyler Chapel Hill; Charley Waldrep, Celina; Craig Whiteside, Vernon; Quincy Whittington, Cuero

Kicker: Logan Barrett, Kennedale; Grant Schur, Vernon; Jacob Williams, Whitesboro

HONORABLE MENTION DEFENSE

Linemen: Keifer Adamez, Sweetwater; Kyle Echols, Vernon; Willie Gordon, Bullard; Winston Jones, Vernon; Marshall Lambrecht, Gonzales; Max Torres, Sweetwater

Linebackers: Michael Bigelow, Waco LaVega; Zack Bracken, Bridgeport; Carlos Brown, Pittsburg; Alex Buckley, Palacios; Matt Burton, Whitesboro; Eugene Castillo, Navasota; Jagared Davis, Crockett; Steven Fields, Sweetwater; Kerry Gamble, Athens; Nic Hammett, Rockdale; Kennard Henderson, Texarkana Pleasant Grove; Adrian Jamie, Rio Hondo; Charles Jones, Texarkana Liberty-Eylau; Caleb Lavey, Celina; Wes Liles, Clyde; Rufus McCann, Sweetwater; Tanner Parker, Clyde; Steve Piazza, Lytle

Backs: Brent Bollinger, Snyder; Zack Bracken, Bridgeport; C.J. Broades, Texarkana Pleasant Grove; Tracy Cooper, Crockett; Ray Daniels, Vernon; Shane Eizember, Rio Hondo; DheRyan Jackson, Athens; J.J. McCoy, Sweetwater; Kenneth Norman, Sweetwater; Kenneth Turner, Snyder; Aaron Weitner, Vernon; Quincy Whittington, Cuero; Kendall Wright, Pittsburg

Punter: Lance Day, Snyder

The Best Player in District 21-3A, Pierce Rhodes, doesn't make honorable mention?  And the second best RB in the league makes honorable mention?  DPG deserves it, but so does Rhodes who was the District 21-3A MVP!  What a joke!  The best RB by far that Kirbyville played all year did make honorable mention also... Cantu from Caldwell.  How is the AP All-State team selected?  What local reporter has votes from this area?   

From what I understand it is up to the local sportswriters to nominate the teams that they cover. The Orange Leader sportswriters nominated players that they cover but apparently the Enterprise didn't nominate anyone. The sportswriter that told me this also felt like Pierce Rhodes got the raw end of the deal.

From what I understand it is up to the local sportswriters to nominate the teams that they cover. The Orange Leader sportswriters nominated players that they cover but apparently the Enterprise didn't nominate anyone. The sportswriter that told me this also felt like Pierce Rhodes got the raw end of the deal.

Thanks for the info.  Congrats to the Mustang players who made the list.  The Orangeleader are only limited to nominate players from Orange County or can they nominate from the entire District that their Orange County teams compete in? 

Boremont Emptyprise is a joke if they didn't nominate anybody.

First of all...A HUGE CONGRATULATIONS to Tim, Poodie, and Ronnie for making it.

You would think that at least K-ville would have someone (namely Pierce Rhodes) who made it because they went to the quarterfinals too.  While Pierce Rhodes is an awesome athlete, I don't think that he's necessarily a better RB than Poodie.  Yes, he did make MVP of 21-3A, but I would think that that is because he played both ways and excelled both ways whereaas Poodie primarily played offense and some defense.

Congrats to the players from WOS.  Well deserved!  As for Rhodes, I would venture to say that Alverez nominated him.  Why not?  This state team has worthy players, but you would think that someone would have contacted the coach to get Rhodes the attention he so deserves!  Just goes to show you how much politics plays in HS football!  Absolutely horrible!

My understanding is that they are nominated by the local sportswriters, hence the "Sportwriter's All State Team." So it is up to the newspapers that cover those teams to nominate. The Orange Leader covers Orange County teams so that is why our sportswriters didn't nominate Rhodes. He should have been nominated by someone that covers Kirbyville, whoever that would be.

First of all...A HUGE CONGRATULATIONS to Tim, Poodie, and Ronnie for making it.

You would think that at least K-ville would have someone (namely Pierce Rhodes) who made it because they went to the quarterfinals too.  While Pierce Rhodes is an awesome athlete, I don't think that he's necessarily a better RB than Poodie.  Yes, he did make MVP of 21-3A, but I would think that that is because he played both ways and excelled both ways whereaas Poodie primarily played offense and some defense.

Rhodes was awesome on both sides of the ball period!!! Lots of tackles and lots of rushing yards, what more could you ask for??

My understanding is that they are nominated by the local sportswriters, hence the "Sportwriter's All State Team." So it is up to the newspapers that cover those teams to nominate. The Orange Leader covers Orange County teams so that is why our sportswriters didn't nominate Rhodes. He should have been nominated by someone that covers Kirbyville, whoever that would be.

Unless the local sportswriters belong to the Associated Press, then they don't have a vote.  TSWA (Texas Sports Writers Assn) poll hasn't come out yet.

Reading this is so hilarious. DPG was a good athlete, but Pierce Rhodes was a much better player than DPG by far and the stats don't lie. What a JOKE!!!!!

No one said that he wasn't a good player.  Rhodes was a great athlete on both sides of the ball, but it's obviously not a joke that DPG was also pretty darn good himself since someone nominated him and then a few more somebodies obviously voted for him.  Rhodes did deserve to be on that list.  Who does cover kville?

My understanding is that players must be nominated first by the coach, then voted for by an AP poll-participating sportswriter. Being a former Enterprise employee, it's quite possible that they don't have anyone with a vote. They used to have Kenton Brooks, but he moved on. The only one I can imagine might have one is Rush Wood, but I'm not so sure. I'm thinking the only local AP voter is at the PA News. I could be totally wrong, but that's my recollection.

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats to the players from WOS.  Well deserved!  As for Rhodes, I would venture to say that Alverez nominated him.  Why not?  This state team has worthy players, but you would think that someone would have contacted the coach to get Rhodes the attention he so deserves!  Just goes to show you how much politics plays in HS football!  Absolutely horrible!

Rhodes was nominated and was on the ballot according to a Beaumont Enterprise reporter.  So writers locally didn't vote for Rhodes.  What a joke and a disservice to a high school athlete who deserved much better.  He led the district in rushing for two straight seasons.  Finished with 1,900 yards rushing this year while also playing defense 90 percent of the time.  Certainly there is a way to see all the votes from the AP writers.  I would like to see how the "local" writers voted.  Rhodes should have been an honorable mention at worst!

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name="mustang mom" post="306185" timestamp="1198163514"]
[/quote]

Rhodes was nominated and was on the ballot.  He was the best offensive player in the district which is what earned him District MVP honors.  If some local "homer" writers didn't vote for him that would be a shame.  Let's see how Beaumont, Orange and Port Arthur writers voted.   

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder