**Dayton vs. Waller Quarterfinal Game/DAYTON ADVACES TO STATE SEMI'S**

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not the 48-14 blowout most of the Dayton fans were predicting.

Who cares about style points?? State semis is a GREAT accomplishment for the Broncos! Hope they take it all the way.. Sounds like the turnovers let Waller back in the game after a 21-0 halftime deficit.

If not for the 2 fumbles dayton would have rolled em.

Waller had their share of turnovers too. An interception that was returned all the way to the 7 and then the one at the end of the game when Waller was threatening to tie. It went both ways.

I had predicted a Dayton win, but not a blowout. The game turned out about how I expected it to. Dayton is playing great football and has a ton of momentum riding with them. I think they will win it all, but I said that about 8 weeks ago.

Congrats Broncos!!!! Make a prophet out of me.

Dayton runs 4 offenses plays in the 3rd quarter, giving up 2 fumbles deep in their field, drops 1 touchdown pass and another potential touchdown pass, and still manages to hold on....

Simply amazing.....

The Dayton defense was on the field the whole 3rd quarter till the offense started firing in the 4th quarter, then on Waller's last position they come up big on a 4th down play.

Wait till you see my game footage, and pictures.

The game was practically a sell out.

In the 3rd quarter there really wasn't any seats available on both sides and people were standing on the walkways.

You got to feel for the Waller boys after they come back from being 21 down and tie it up when it looked like it was hopeless, but their defense just wasn't able to stop the Dayton offense in the 4th quarter.  It's really ashame in a game like this while Dayton is experiencing the thrill of victory that the reversal is happening across the field.  Waller has some really good players and to lose a game like this has got to hurt, but.....

I AM SO GLAD DAYTON WON!!!!

What a week it will be at Dayton High School next week!

GEEEZZZZ

IT'S 12:20 AM!!!

Talk some more tomorrow morning!

My videos should be posted around noon tomorrow.

Dayton upends Waller to reach 4A semifinals

By Jerry Michalsky

The Port Arthur News

HOUSTON- The Dayton Broncos will live to play another day.

After jumping out to a 21-0 lead, the Broncos watched Waller come back and tie things up at 21. Looking for a big drive from the offense, the Broncos marched 54-yards on five plays for the go-ahead score, then got a Xavier Edwards fumble recovery with 13 seconds to go to advance to the state semi-finals with a 28-21 victory over the Bulldogs Friday night at the Berry Center in a Region III Division II final.

After the Broncos moved back ahead on a A.J. Dugat four-yard touchdown run midway through the fourth quarter, the Bulldogs gave it one last valiant effort to keep their season alive.

Taking over at their own 30-yard Waller marched 51-yards on 16 plays. Facing a 2nd and 10 from the Dayton 19-yard line, Waller quarterback Jeremy Philips was hit by Gable and fumbled into the open arms of Edwards to clinch it for the Broncos.

The Broncos jumped out to a 21-0 half-time lead thanks to the passing of quarterback Gregory Charles and a 67-yard interception return by John Gable that set up the third Dayton score.

It was Charles connecting with Paul Fontenot from 30-yards out with 5:44 left in the first quarter for a 7-0 Bronco lead. Gable then set up the next Bronco score with his 67-yard interception return to set the offense up at the Bulldog seven yard line.

Two plays later it was Charles hitting Jeffrey Summers from seven yards out to make it 14-0 on the first play of the second quarter. Gable then added the third Bronco score of the night with 4:41 in the second quarter to make it 21-0.

The Bulldogs capitalized on a pair of Bronco turnovers in the third quarter to close the gap to 21-14, thanks to an Eddie Brown one-yard run and a Phillips seven-yard run.

Waller (11-3), then drove 56-yards on eight plays to knot things up at 21 apiece on a Brown six-yard run.

Dayton (11-3) responded with it biggest drive of the season, marching 54-yards on five plays with Dugat getting the winning score.

Charles finished with 191-yards passing on 12 of 23 attempts. Dayton had 251-yards of total offense, compared to 330-yards for the Bulldogs. Phillips finished with 185-yards of total offense.

The Broncos will meet Lake Travis next week in a state-semifinal game at Kyle field.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kinghoyn
    Newest Member
    kinghoyn