22-4A in 2008

Guest TravelingBandsman

Guest TravelingBandsman

Give your predictions on how you think 22-4A will finish next with Dayton in it or with Dayton not in it. Make your decisions based on returns and what you expect as far as coaching.

With Dayton.

1. Dayton

2. Nederland

3. Port Neches-Groves

4. Lumberton

5. Beaumont Central

6. Vidor

7. Beaumont Ozen

8. Little Cypress-Mauriceville

Without Dayton, there would only be a 7 team district so just take away Dayton from the mix.

Give your predictions on how you think 22-4A will finish next with Dayton in it or with Dayton not in it. Make your decisions based on returns and what you expect as far as coaching.

With Dayton.

1. Dayton

2. Nederland

3. Port Neches-Groves

4. Lumberton

5. Beaumont Central

6. Vidor

7. Beaumont Ozen

Without Dayton, there would only be a 7 team district so just take away Dayton from the mix.

I'd say those look pretty good.. I agree for the most part...

1. Dayton

2. Nederland

3. PN-G

4. Lumberton

5. Central

6. Ozen

7. Vidor

8. LC-M

Central would really be a dark horse with a new coach...

Central and Ozen will have the talent to be in the top three, but you just never know about the Beaumont schools.

Nederland #2 might be a logical pick with their QB returning.

If Dayton stays you really got to pick them #1 at preseason.

They have lots of sophomores and juniors getting a lot of experience these last few weeks.

PN-G will have a solid offense.  Defense will have to be re-built.

Returners on O:

QB-Tatum

TB-Wright

OT- Spikes

OT- McLin

G- Harrison

C- Ross

TE- Shetley

We will need to find a full back and some WR's but with nearly the entire line, a 3 year starter at QB and a solid TB in Wright all coming back they will make some noise on offense.

My picks:

1. Dayton

2. PN-G

3. Nederland

4. Lumberton

5. Vidor

6. Central

7. Ozen

8. LCM

agree with PP4ever - Central and Ozen always have athletes with potential. Png has some offense back to build on, but the defense is gonna be hard to replace. There is about 100(slight exaggeration sp?) guys on JV, and God only knows how kids will develop in the off season. I think Lumberton is in a similar situation, but I do believe their underclassmen will be very motivated to work hard in the off season because they saw how much fun it can be to win. Vidor is loaded with Jr's and Soph's so they can be a factor. Dayton will be very good again and the extended season will only make them better. With all the blowouts there Jr's and soph's are getting some valuable experience. If Dayton is in the district they will be picked 1st. The more I type and think about it. It is very tough to pick in this district. I think PNG, Ned, Lumberton,Central,Ozen, and Vidor all have 2nd and 3rd place potential. I said all year no one would go undefeated in this district and I believe it will be true again next year. I think next year it is highly possible that 2 of the 3 playoff teams will have 2 losses. It will be a real head scratcher at the end of the season to sort out the head to head and point spread factors to determine the 2nd and 3rd place teams.

As usual, I guess tradition wins out. Personally I'm still riding with the L-Train, they will be in the playoff mix for a few more years at least since you're now dealing with players who for the most part have been in the new Lumberton football system since they were around 7 or 8. From Pee Wee to Varsity it's all the same now.

As usual, I guess tradition wins out. Personally I'm still riding with the L-Train, they will be in the playoff mix for a few more years at least since you're now dealing with players who for the most part have been in the new Lumberton football system since they were around 7 or 8. From Pee Wee to Varsity it's all the same now.

no hussey no playoffs

Since dayton is most likely gone

1. Nederland

2. PNG

3. Central

no hussey no playoffs

Since dayton is most likely gone

1. Nederland

2. PNG

3. Central

i guess your forgetting that hussey runs a 4.7-4.8, and hanna, who will be the starter next year, ran a 4.5 at an OSU camp this summer. so he is faster. and beard runs about a 4.8, so sure, hussey is without a doubt the best back to ever come through this school.. but we will run the ball just as succesfully next year.

i guess your forgetting that hussey runs a 4.7-4.8, and hanna, who will be the starter next year, ran a 4.5 at an OSU camp this summer. so he is faster. and beard runs about a 4.8, so sure, hussey is without a doubt the best back to ever come through this school.. but we will run the ball just as succesfully next year.

just don't see why if they were better rbs why they didn't play more this year?  Its not about speed its about heart, drive, toughness,the ability to make cuts, and an unrelenting will to stay on your feet. Hussey had it all.  Not trying to start a  controversy, Lumberton had a great team this year, Nederland had one last year... But as we all saw things change from year to year.  Good Luck to Lumberton next year. I had a lot of fun watching yall this one.

They did from time to time but Lumberton was able to keep them both on D since Hussey was able to carry the load but both did avg over 9 per carry. but the silsbee scrimmage hussey didnt play and beard started and had 2 TDs and around 80 yards in 2 qtrs against silsbee and against BC hanna had 2 carries for 102 yards and beard had 4 for 86 yards Nederland beard had 10 for 81 and a TD. Now Lumberton will have to rotate at the RB next season but I dont think they will be dead in the water. Not saying Lumberton will win district but that they will be very competitive next season

almost all kids who play bball start out in little dribblers does that mean all towns will win state this year in bball?

just don't see why if they were better rbs why they didn't play more this year?   Its not about speed its about heart, drive, toughness,the ability to make cuts, and an unrelenting will to stay on your feet. Hussey had it all.  Not trying to start a  controversy, Lumberton had a great team this year, Nederland had one last year... But as we all saw things change from year to year.  Good Luck to Lumberton next year. I had a lot of fun watching yall this one.

well hussey of coarse was our feature back.. he deserved it. but when hanna got the ball, he was VERY hard to bring down. he scored several touchdowns. most of his offensive touchdowns came from running routes outta tha backfield and catching balls in the flats, and making ppl miss

With Dayton.

1. Dayton

2. Nederland

3. Port Neches-Groves

4. Lumberton

5. Beaumont Central

6. Vidor

7. Beaumont Ozen

Where is Dayton going?

up or down?

almost all kids who play bball start out in little dribblers does that mean all towns will win state this year in bball?

No, not all towns, but one town will and I bet they did not play organized basketball for the first time in middle school.  That has been the case for Lumberton football until the past few years.  Lumberton is just now starting to get kids who have been playing football for 8 or 9 years instead of 3 or 4.  Not only will playing at an early age make your skills better, but will also "weed out" the players who really do not want to play anyway.

L-train....  Great ride!!! Great Season!!! But I will need to be convinced again next year!!  As for now I see it a entirely different way.  If Dayton is back in district they are number one with a bullet... But as far as the rest of district I see it differently!!!  Central hasn't had back to back bad seasons in this district and it won't start next year.  I PNG really back???  Ned will be competitive!  Can Ozen's coach bring that program together?  Vidor is who we know they are!  Lumberton has a taste of victory!! LCM is the bottom feeder.

2. Ned rides returning talent

3. Central bounces back with or without new coach the young talent is that good!

4. Ozen Coach brings them out of their shell in his second year

5. Lumberton could be #4 if Ozen doesn't improve

6. PNG i don't think they are back yet!

7. Vidor - New coach learning year!!!!  Who can the school attract to be their new coach????

8. LCM - Just can't get it together!!!

I think 3 - 6 can be a toss-up!!!!

i dont know who will win district,but as always 1 r 2 loses in this district &

u could lose out of a playoff spot. as for them raiders,  those other two

tailbacks can & will light u up.both kids r 210 right now,i asked them tonight

at school field at the tailgate for them. both had td over 70 yds this yr.

hussey was the work horse & didnt play very much d, but soph. beard was

the 22-4a  freshman of the year in 06 & probably will be first team middle

line backer this year as a soph. in district,lead team in tackles. he ave. right

at 10 yds a carry.  hanna is a little faster and as mean & can take it all the way at any time. both stayed on the field on d, special teams ect, while hussey carried the load on offense. when jv jrs move up we will have about

28 -31 seniors again this yr. jv was 7-2-1, & about 15 jv sophs will also

move up as jrs. finally getting numbers so overlap of seniors r bigger, oh well

just proud of them raiders & all of our distru=ict, we make each other better teams by the quality this district puts out. im sure all fans have the same hope as we all do for our teams,good luck setx ;D

i dont know who will win district,but as always 1 r 2 loses in this district &

u could lose out of a playoff spot. as for them raiders,  those other two

tailbacks can & will light u up.both kids r 210 right now,i asked them tonight

at school field at the tailgate for them. both had td over 70 yds this yr.

hussey was the work horse & didnt play very much d, but soph. beard was

the 22-4a  freshman of the year in 06 & probably will be first team middle

line backer this year as a soph. in district,lead team in tackles. he ave. right

at 10 yds a carry.  hanna is a little faster and as mean & can take it all the way at any time. both stayed on the field on d, special teams ect, while hussey carried the load on offense. when jv jrs move up we will have about

28 -31 seniors again this yr. jv was 7-2-1, & about 15 jv sophs will also

move up as jrs. finally getting numbers so overlap of seniors r bigger, oh well

just proud of them raiders & all of our distru=ict, we make each other better teams by the quality this district puts out. im sure all fans have the same hope as we all do for our teams,good luck setx ;D

one or two losses could usually put you out of ANY district.

jrs. moving up to varsity their senior year is nothing to brag about it just means their not very good.

Not necessarily...don't you have to look at the position they play? What if a jr. is good enough to be on varsity, but a sr. already has his position locked. The jr. probably wouldn't see much playing time unless the sr. is injured or the team gets a big lead and they put in the backups (and sometimes another senior is also a backup). Is it better for the jr. to be on varsity and not play much or to be on JV where he plays every down (unless they get a big lead) and gets the experience? I realize that varsity is a step up from JV...just curious as to what you would do because that was the situation with some of those jr's who played on jv this year.

Not necessarily...don't you have to look at the position they play? What if a jr. is good enough to be on varsity, but a sr. already has his position locked. The jr. probably wouldn't see much playing time unless the sr. is injured or the team gets a big lead and they put in the backups (and sometimes another senior is also a backup). Is it better for the jr. to be on varsity and not play much or to be on JV where he plays every down (unless they get a big lead) and gets the experience? I realize that varsity is a step up from JV...just curious as to what you would do because that was the situation with some of those jr's who played on jv this year.

I have been told by many officials that the biggest jump in game speed from 7th to varsity is the jump from JV to varsity.

Any freshmen that is able to go from 8th grade junior high football straight to varsity is truly talented, there is just a huge leap in the speed of the game.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    xyurnnsw
    Newest Member
    xyurnnsw