Is LC-M toughest place to play in 22-4a? or even in setx?

jtlcm84

a few years ago a saw an Ozen game played in their old gym (redoing the floor or something in the main one) it was unbelivable i would say it has to be the worst place to have to come and play in the area!!!

now for gyms being used LCM would be in the top 5

so would Anahuac and warren and HJ and for some reason i don't like PNG (mabe the purple!)

sorry JMO

lcm would be tougher if their vice principals would actually let them say stuff... against Jasper one student was thrown out for saying "your terrible" to a ref and another was thrown out for saying "atta boy" to a Jasper player both students were supsended from home games for two weeks... when the student section starts the "nuts and bolts" cheer the assistant principal will pick one student at random to throw out... it is absolutly ridiculous... despite this they can still bring the noise

lcm would be tougher if their vice principals would actually let them say stuff... against Jasper one student was thrown out for saying "your terrible" to a ref and another was thrown out for saying "atta boy" to a Jasper player both students were supsended from home games for two weeks... when the student section starts the "nuts and bolts" cheer the assistant principal will pick one student at random to throw out... it is absolutly ridiculous... despite this they can still bring the noise

lloyd_christmas is the man

I think LCM is a tough place to play.  LCM has played many very good teams very close in the "Bear Cave."  As far as students being removed from the game, it is plain and simple--"follow the rules."  I am personal friends with all of the LCM administrators and they are all good guys that work hard.  Here is what they told me when I asked them about removing students.

1.  They are doing what they are told--remember they are Assistant Principals.

2.  LCM Administration has high expectations for all players and students.

3.  It does not matter what other schools do, LCM will have "class"

4.  When you come to their house, you play by there rules.

The LCM administrators want student participation and school spirit.  BUT, they want students to do it in a positive way to support the school and the school programs.  The administrators are not going to allow insults and put downs from 14-18 year old kids.  They expect all students to have respect.

lloyd_christmas what you failed to mention is that the students were warned prior to the game starting that they were not going to be allowed to taunt officials or opposing players, that they were expected to cheer positively for their team.  All they had to do was follow the rules.

The LCM administrators have a hard job, one that I would not want.  They take pride in what they do and they want LCM to shine and be the best.

I applaud them for not allowing inappropriate things to be said and for not allowing students to just say what they want.  It is never appropriate for students to yell at a referee or at an opposing player or coach.  

Many times by yelling at the ref. or other players, students think it is helping the team.  It does not help them a bit.  If anything it makes the refs upset and the close calls do not go your way.

Just something to think about!!

HJ didnt even have any administrators show up to the game and the "signs" they brought with them lead me to assume they have very lax administratos at home

if lcms were as lax, it would be almost impossible to play there.

even with several fans getting kicked out for laughable offenses, the bear cave is always rockin.

Now, overall i completely disagree with the actions the "principles" have taken

they are really cracking down this year, although i hear they claim they have always been this strict.

::) yeah right. back in the 80's the student section had a cheer "KBRA" that was about a certain  red bird that lives across the bridge. In fact about three years ago i went to a few games myself and witnessed some "props" that wouldnt even be allowed in the door this year. To my understanding, two of the students kicked out the other night were picked at random for participating in the "nuts and bolts" cheer. the other was kicked out for saying "you need these more than i do" and throwing his glasses at the official. That fan deserved to be tossed. The Jasper game two students were tossed for saying "your terrible" and saying "atta boy" to a jasper player. The one that said "atta boy" was told he could have "hurt his feelings"  ::) Come on now! this kids are athletes, being a former one myself, i know they have a thicker skin than that. in fact, a little trash talking is only part of the game, anyone who doesnt belive that is fooling themselves.

Ive heard there are several parents (other than those of the fans that got kicked out) that are angry with the actions the school has taken and to my knowledge the "administration" at LCM thinks that they are ignorant for saying that "kids will be kids, they need to have some fun and have a little longer leash"

i dont really know the right answer, but kicking out fans for so little isnt it. in fact i think it just riles the kids up anymore and pushes them to defy the principles. I think they should back of a little and let things go, as long as they arent profaine, ratial, threatening, or too personal. but thats just MO

Big Tex, good reply.  But, I need to correct you on one thing.  The student was never told "You could hurt his feelings."  I am not sure who is feeding you information, but it is inaccurate.  He (admin) will not disclose personal information about his student/parent conferences, but, he (admin) is laughing (on the phone) and telling me that it is not true.  I have to feed him this information because he says he does not waste his time reading this stuff.  I am the one who has no life!!

well that post really wasnt in response, i wrote it as you were posting yours

i know it begins to get to the point of "my brothers mothers bestfriends uncles grandma told me that her cats goldfish......."

but a current student was told by one of the students that was thrown out, they were told that

but of course thats just what i "heard"

It's amazing how things get twisted around and blown way out of proportion.  But, I guess that is life in general.

Speaking of hearing things from other people.  He has never come out and said it or confirmed/denied it, but I have heard the administrator is thinking about leaving LCM.  Could there be some changes in store for next school year at LCM?  Little off topic, but thought it would be worth mentioning.

I think LCM is a tough place to play.  LCM has played many very good teams very close in the "Bear Cave."  As far as students being removed from the game, it is plain and simple--"follow the rules."  I am personal friends with all of the LCM administrators and they are all good guys that work hard.  Here is what they told me when I asked them about removing students.

1.  They are doing what they are told--remember they are Assistant Principals.

2.  LCM Administration has high expectations for all players and students.

3.  It does not matter what other schools do, LCM will have "class"

4.  When you come to their house, you play by there rules.

The LCM administrators want student participation and school spirit.  BUT, they want students to do it in a positive way to support the school and the school programs.  The administrators are not going to allow insults and put downs from 14-18 year old kids.  They expect all students to have respect.

lloyd_christmas what you failed to mention is that the students were warned prior to the game starting that they were not going to be allowed to taunt officials or opposing players, that they were expected to cheer positively for their team.  All they had to do was follow the rules.

The LCM administrators have a hard job, one that I would not want.  They take pride in what they do and they want LCM to shine and be the best.

I applaud them for not allowing inappropriate things to be said and for not allowing students to just say what they want.  It is never appropriate for students to yell at a referee or at an opposing player or coach.  

Many times by yelling at the ref. or other players, students think it is helping the team.  It does not help them a bit.  If anything it makes the refs upset and the close calls do not go your way.

Just something to think about!!

I respect the fact that thier trying to keep things from getting out of hand but these same administrators you speak of should dole out the punishment fairly no matter where the fans are from. They certainly dont handle thier jobs as disciplinarions very well during the regular school day. Thats a fact.

letting kids and fans be rude and mean is not letting kids be kids it is letting kids be punks amen to lcm for trying to get a handle on it hj should be taking notes

well said 24!!!

I was at a game 2 or 3 years ago and the student section was out of control they were crude and classless.  I commented at the time that if my child was part of that i would have taken him home.  You can cheer your team and be loud and annoying with out being crude and classless. 

good job to lcm for trying to put an end to this.

Well if they are going to throw someone out for complaining about the refs, the gym will soon be empty. And hey, I am sure this is the biggest issue facing the school anyway.  ::) Some of these Asst. Principals let their authority go to their head, must have been tough on the playground when they were growing up. What they are really doing is killing school spirit. The bottom line is there has to be limitations, but these guys are going way overboard.

well said 24!!!

I was at a game 2 or 3 years ago and the student section was out of control they were crude and classless.  I commented at the time that if my child was part of that i would have taken him home.  You can cheer your team and be loud and annoying with out being crude and classless. 

good job to lcm for trying to put an end to this.

aww boo hoo :'(

I agree totally with JohnnyT60, we both have had our kids participate in the crazies section and it is fun to watch the spirit. Heck the Head Coach for the last 5 years which would be 2 loved the fact these students cheer the way they do, in fact they appauld there support. The certain indiviuals who are in charge of watching the students really do go overboard. They do not have 1/4 that kind of discipline in the school during normal hours.

If the Coaches think it is over the line let the coaches point it out. And please stop using the standard BS about LCM is trying to make the students have more class.

Turn on you TV this weekend watch Duke, North Carolina, UCLA, Texas they go crazy and this is some of the finest colleges in the country that produce our leaders. Let the kids cheer and have fun, if they threaten someone remove them otherwise backoff and let them support the TEAM.

Well if they are going to throw someone out for complaining about the refs, the gym will soon be empty. And hey, I am sure this is the biggest issue facing the school anyway.  ::) Some of these Asst. Principals let their authority go to their head, must have been tough on the playground when they were growing up. What they are really doing is killing school spirit. The bottom line is there has to be limitations, but these guys are going way overboard.

Good post JohnnyT60. It appears to me that these administrators are going out of their way to assert authority and in the process are killing school spirit. I noticed it during football season and it appears they are continuing the practice. Maybe if more than the two female members of our school board attended athletic events, they would see the problem with policy. I applaud the two board members that I see at our games. The rest of the guys need to understand that running a school, isn't just about going to meetings. They need to show up at UIL events to see for themselves what is going on with our administration.

hmm thats weird HJ was given the same rules as LCM before the game but none of them seemed to be thrown at because we follow the rules as for yall saying HJ administration is relaxed and dont care about what we say thats not true they tell us at the beginning of the year what we can and cannot say and if we break the rules actions would be taken but we follow the rules at HJ because we are there for the game

I have to give HJ some credit.  They were warned about some things prior to the game and their students for the most part from my understanding, since I was not there, complied with the requests.

Bottom line to it is, this is not college it is high school!!  Cheer positively, with class, and your team will never get into trouble (UIL).  Act stupid in the stands, say or do inappropriate things and it will have a negative impact on your school.

School spirit is not insulting refs, opposing coaches or players.  It is cheering for your school and supporting them through thick and thin. 

It is a cop out if people are saying school spirit is lost because the LCM administration will not let them say or do what they want, or will not allow certain cheers.  Either you are for the team and support them or not!!

Keep up the good work LCM Administration!!

hmm thats weird HJ was given the same rules as LCM before the game but none of them seemed to be thrown at because we follow the rules

bull crap that is a bold faced lie i was at the lcm hj game and the hj fans said everything in the book to the refs and the opposing team and dont try and say they didnt because i was there and heard it with my own ears

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin