*OF vs. Silsbee/74-49 OF WINS*

Guest bleed orange

Wow, thats all I can say. It was a total team effort. Everybody got in the scoring act and also made plays on defense and we rebounded the ball really well. Silsbee did not get many second shots. I know does this does not help Silsbee fans but you guys are a class act. The sportsmanship showed by both teams was awesome. Girls helping each other up from both teams. You don't see that much anymore. I am so proud of our girls. They never quit.

It was a great night, started with the National Anthem. Great job young lady. Great team effort tonight by the Lady Cats. We flat out owned the boards and wore the Lady Tigers out with our press tonight. Bleed you said it, you hold any team to one shot almost every time down court your going to win some games...that's what happen tonight. I too was very impressed with both teams in their sportsmanship tonight. Showed that both teams really respected the other and it was nice to see that. Silsbee will be tough down the road, I believe they just got back most of their girls tonight. Once they get going again, they'll be hard to beat. Great job tonight ladies...Go Cats!!!

Lady ’Cats shock No. 11 Lady Tigers

Orange Leader Sports

The Orange Leader

SILSBEE — Talk about a big win to start District 21-3A play.

The Orangefield Lady Bobcats went on the road and stunned the No. 11 Silsbee Lady Tigers 74-49 in Tigers Gym.

Orangefield (7-5, 1-0) got a game-high 36 points from senior Kaylin Little who put in 15 points in the game’s final eight minutes to put the game on ice.

Allie Beach and Jessica Weldon each finished with 11 points while both Laura Riddick and Olivia Wagner added six points. Aimee Scales finished with two points in the victory.

Silsbee (0-1) was up 14-11 after the first period and took a 24-22 lead into the break.

After that it was all Orangefield.

The Lady Bobcats erupted for 22 points in the third and limited the Lady Tigers to just 11 points to take a 44-36 lead into the fourth.

The final eight minutes were no better for Silsbee as Orangefield struck for 30 more points and gave up just 14 for the easy victory.

Orangefield’s defense centered around stopping Silsbee’s Ang Green who was limited to 15 points.

The Lady Bobcats will play host to the Orangefield Tournament this weekend and first take on Little Cypress-Mauriceville at 6 p.m. Thursday.

Our Coach did make a few adjustments at half, but for the most part it was our press that wore Silsbee down. Early in the game they broke the press, but we made them work to get it down court everytime. In the second half, that pressure took it's toll on them and they started turning the ball over and our ladies turned that into points. Like I said earlier, Silsbee will get better. They had some girls that just got back into the flow of things and once they get in better shape, they'll be tough to beat!!!

I got to see the game and here are the observations i made.  First off, the caliber of play of this game between these two teams was much higher in last years matchup than this year.  This game was much closer than the final score indicates, it was a tight game throughout and Orangefield didnt pull away till about 3-4 min left in the game.  It was a very sloppy game at times, and to make matters worse, you had 2 inconsistent incompetent refs calling the game.  I've heard Silsbee has had injury problems, i dont know if some of their players played or not, but i didnt hear of anyone out.  I will say to be honest, i expected Silsbee to be much better and i thought would have a decided advantage over Orangefield.  Especially considering Silsbee is ranked 11th on TABC (which i know TABC rankings dont mean everything).  I mean no disrespect, but i wasnt overly impressed with Silsbee, and once Orangefield got up to a double digit lead on Silsbee, i wasnt too worried they were gonna come back.  Neither team played that great of a game, and i came away feeling both teams didnt play their best game and should get better as they go through district play.  I agree with everyone about Silsbee being tired at the end.  Orangefield's press wasnt really that effective in getting steals for most of the game, but it was clear Silsbee was tired and got sloppy at the end and started making poor decisions and turning the ball over more.  Unless Silsbee did have some people out with injuries, i think it will be hard for them to go to Orangefield, where Ofield girls draw big crowds at home, and win in their gym.  I think this game has to make you excited about Orangefield's potential for this group of girls, because you knew they had talent, although they still have a ways to go.  Going back to the TABC rankings, i think if Silsbee is a legitimate top 20 team and stays in the TABC rankings next week after this loss, then OF deserves to be ranked too after that big statement win on the road.

Guest bleed orange

I got to see the game and here are the observations i made.  First off, the caliber of play of this game between these two teams was much higher in last years matchup than this year.  This game was much closer than the final score indicates, it was a tight game throughout and Orangefield didnt pull away till about 3-4 min left in the game.  It was a very sloppy game at times, and to make matters worse, you had 2 inconsistent incompetent refs calling the game.  I've heard Silsbee has had injury problems, i dont know if some of their players played or not, but i didnt hear of anyone out.  I will say to be honest, i expected Silsbee to be much better and i thought would have a decided advantage over Orangefield.  Especially considering Silsbee is ranked 11th on TABC (which i know TABC rankings dont mean everything).  I mean no disrespect, but i wasnt overly impressed with Silsbee, and once Orangefield got up to a double digit lead on Silsbee, i wasnt too worried they were gonna come back.  Neither team played that great of a game, and i came away feeling both teams didnt play their best game and should get better as they go through district play.  I agree with everyone about Silsbee being tired at the end.  Orangefield's press wasnt really that effective in getting steals for most of the game, but it was clear Silsbee was tired and got sloppy at the end and started making poor decisions and turning the ball over more.  Unless Silsbee did have some people out with injuries, i think it will be hard for them to go to Orangefield, where Ofield girls draw big crowds at home, and win in their gym.   I think this game has to make you excited about Orangefield's potential for this group of girls, because you knew they had talent, although they still have a ways to go.  Going back to the TABC rankings, i think if Silsbee is a legitimate top 20 team and stays in the TABC rankings next week after this loss, then OF deserves to be ranked too after that big statement win on the road.

I have to disagree. That was a game that had all the drama you could ask for. It had everyone on the edge of their seats. The only thing that was different was the size of the crowd which was a shame. But thats Ok, the ones that where there was loud. A salute to Mrs. Kim Richard. She is awesome. Someday when you have a kid playing you will understand. I know you are just giving an opinion and I agree with a lot of what you said but you have to remember each year is different. Its rare when you can support a group of girls for four years. That does not happen very often. This game was a awesome win for the lady cats. Oh by the way last year is history.

Thank you Bleed.  I'm tried of hearing about last year.  Its over and this team now could be just as good if not better.  That game just showed how underrated everyone thought of these girls.  They are out to prove something and they started that Tuesday night with a win over a state ranked team!  Keep it up ladies!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    xyurnnsw
    Newest Member
    xyurnnsw