Game 3 Kountze vs. Orangefield Predictions

58 minutes ago, Coach 01 said:

From an offensive stand point, neither team shot it well in first matchup. I would guess Kountze shot 20% from the field, maybe less. 

Yes sir, as a team we didnt shoot it well either. Both teams were playing very good defense and closing out quickly limiting the number of open looks. I believe Game #2 comes down to who can take care of the ball and whose supporting cast can settle in under the bright lights to help put points on the board, just like Game #1 did.

In Game #1 Scales (7/12 - 21pts) and Wrinkle (7/13- 15pts) had 36  of the 46 points Orangefield scored, while Kountze's Role Players scored 22 of their 55.  Couple that with Orangefield turning the ball over 27 times as well as only shooting 8 free throws in the game, and it was a recipe for our disaster. We'll adjust at home and be ready this Friday.

Kountze no doubt is deeper than we are, but our ceiling is just as high and our rims seem to like us at home way more than they do our opponents, lol.

I'm hoping we win Friday, split with yall, and then play the "Seeding Tie-Breaker" in WOS's new awesome arena! Just wishful thinking I guess, but that story would definitely live up to the hype!

• Bobcat1 changed the title to Kountze at Orangefield Predictions
6 hours ago, Coach 01 said:

From an offensive stand point, neither team shot it well in first matchup. I would guess Kountze shot 20% from the field, maybe less. 

Shooting is often predicated on defense.  For instance, I would venture to guess most 19-4A teams have their worst shooting nights against Silsbee.  

And while I would agree that whichever team shoots it better will be a significant advantage, one number jumped out at me way beyond any other in the first meeting.  Orangefield simply cannot turn it over 28 times and expect to have a chance to win the game.  

• Bobcat1 changed the title to Game 3 Kountze vs. Orangefield Predictions
  • Bobcat1 unlocked this topic

I predict Kountze commits more into stopping Ghost (faceguard & double) like they did in the second half of the last game, but this time it will be from the opening tip. Wrinkle will be who he is and power through with near triple double numbers, while Ghost distracts the defense and collects fouls on them. Shooters like Smith and Thomas will make Kountze pay for leaving them open early which will force the 1 on 1 matchup with Ghost again, and he will capitalize when that happens. Donald will be in foul trouble this time because Sells will be trying to keep from fouling out like he did in Game 1. Our bigs (Rucker & Rawls) will total double digit block numbers together, because Kountze's scoring opportunities won't come from transition and will be in the halfcourt set.

Kountze wont be able to press and if they do it wont be for long because Orangefield has already proven they can break it. In Game 2 when we took care of the ball, they got out of their press. When they get out of their press, we control the game and they will once again have to play out of their element. No secret here, this game like many, comes down to who wins the; turnover battle, rebounds, & free throws.

Finally, this will be the trilogy everyone wants and it will be fire! Scales/Wrinkle & Sells/ Donalds numbers will be very respectable but close to even. Both are great teams with great players that have a ton of heart, but Orangefield's supporting cast comes up big in this one! 35+ points will be scored outside of whatever Scales & Wrinkle give us.

Orangefield Fighting Bobcats win by 9 or more and go into the playoffs as the #1 Seed! 

(Biggest concern will be for both teams  to be able to have fresh legs again when Playoffs start Monday night.)

9 minutes ago, Cu Chulainn said:

I predict Kountze commits more into stopping Ghost (faceguard & double) like they did in the second half of the last game, but this time it will be from the opening tip. Wrinkle will be who he is and power through with near triple double numbers, while Ghost distracts the defense and collects fouls on them. Shooters like Smith and Thomas will make Kountze pay for leaving them open early which will force the 1 on 1 matchup with Ghost again, and he will capitalize when that happens. Donald will be in foul trouble this time because Sells will be trying to keep from fouling out like he did in Game 1. Our bigs (Rucker & Rawls) will total double digit block numbers together, because Kountze's scoring opportunities won't come from transition and will be in the halfcourt set.

Kountze wont be able to press and if they do it wont be for long because Orangefield has already proven they can break it. In Game 2 when we took care of the ball, they got out of their press. When they get out of their press, we control the game and they will once again have to play out of their element. No secret here, this game like many, comes down to who wins the; turnover battle, rebounds, & free throws.

Finally, this will be the trilogy everyone wants and it will be fire! Scales/Wrinkle & Sells/ Donalds numbers will be very respectable but close to even. Both are great teams with great players that have a ton of heart, but Orangefield's supporting cast comes up big in this one! 35+ points will be scored outside of whatever Scales & Wrinkle give us.

Orangefield Fighting Bobcats win by 9 or more and go into the playoffs as the #1 Seed! 

(Biggest concern will be for both teams  to be able to have fresh legs again when Playoffs start Monday night.)

Fair assessment. I think Kountze pulls out the W in a close one. Either way I’m pulling for both teams come playoff time until they hopefully meet again.

Oh and if someone wanted to place a bet and wants to give  me Kountze +9 please reach out through private message