Game 3 Kountze vs. Orangefield Predictions

1 minute ago, BBfan061 said:

Fair assessment. I think Kountze pulls out the W in a close one. Either way I’m pulling for both teams come playoff time until they hopefully meet again.

Oh and if someone wanted to place a bet and wants to give  me Kountze +9 please reach out through private message 

Vegas has it Kountze -4

1 minute ago, BBfan061 said:

Fair assessment. I think Kountze pulls out the W in a close one. Either way I’m pulling for both teams come playoff time until they hopefully meet again.

Oh and if someone wanted to place a bet and wants to give  me Kountze +9 please reach out through private message 

I'm not a gambling man outside of football squares or something like that. Besides both of these groups of young men are too special to let something as evil as money get involved. Just want a fair game and watch all of this talent on both sides be who God chose them to be!

I'll for sure be pulling for both of them through the playoffs until we meet again as well and I appreciate you saying that! All in good fun, and 409 shines no matter what!

17 minutes ago, Cu Chulainn said:

Both are great teams with great players that have a ton of heart, but Orangefield's supporting cast comes up big in this one! 35+ points will be scored outside of whatever Scales & Wrinkle give us.

Orangefield Fighting Bobcats win by 9 or more and go into the playoffs as the #1 Seed! 

(Biggest concern will be for both teams  to be able to have fresh legs again when Playoffs start Monday night.)

35+ points from a supporting cast (in addition to the scoring of your two best players)? If I had to guess, I would say the "supporting cast" hasn't done that all year. Orangefield averages 60 ppg. I was with you until you went there AND predicted a 9-point win. 

Pump the brakes a little. Scales played a helluva game in Q1 of Game 2. You saw what happened in the 2nd half. Orangefield will need that strong supporting cast you speak of to win the game for them this go around. 

2 minutes ago, KHSAlum400 said:

35+ points from a supporting cast (in addition to the scoring of your two best players)? If I had to guess, I would say the "supporting cast" hasn't done that all year. Orangefield averages 60 ppg. I was with you until you went there AND predicted a 9-point win. 

Pump the brakes a little. Scales played a helluva game in Q1 of Game 2. You saw what happened in the 2nd half. Orangefield will need that strong supporting cast you speak of to win the game for them this go around. 

I agree they probably haven't scored that before, but I figured that when I typed it. I beleive in them though. They are great kids and I believe they are settling in to the bright lights and the pressure that comes with it. They don't call'em the Cardiac Cats for nothing, lol! 9 point win has just been on my mind all week for whatever reason(maybe because we lost by that in the first one), so that wasn't a shot at all. I still think it will be close and whoever is trailing will be fouling to stop the clock which should increase the lead a little.

I appreciate what you say about my son, he did have 21 in the first half the other night, and we didnt move the ball around as well in the 2nd half which is why I think Kountze will to neutralize him early. We have seen that strategy all season, so it gives opportunities to the others. If and when they make the most of it, it will free Ghost back up. Smith & Thomas have both had BIG nights just not always on the same night. We will need them both and all of our team to play their very best for us to win tomorrow! I agree with you. 

8 minutes ago, Cu Chulainn said:

I agree they probably haven't scored that before, but I figured that when I typed it. I beleive in them though. They are great kids and I believe they are settling in to the bright lights and the pressure that comes with it. They don't call'em the Cardiac Cats for nothing, lol! 9 point win has just been on my mind all week for whatever reason(maybe because we lost by that in the first one), so that wasn't a shot at all. I still think it will be close and whoever is trailing will be fouling to stop the clock which should increase the lead a little.

I appreciate what you say about my son, he did have 21 in the first half the other night, and we didnt move the ball around as well in the 2nd half which is why I think Kountze will to neutralize him early. We have seen that strategy all season, so it gives opportunities to the others. If and when they make the most of it, it will free Ghost back up. Smith & Thomas have both had BIG nights just not always on the same night. We will need them both and all of our team to play their very best for us to win tomorrow! I agree with you. 

It will be a great Game 3 and a good playoff-like atmosphere for both teams! Here a few things I don't think will happen:

-Scales didn't score any FGs in that 2nd half in Game 2. I don't see that happening again

-Sells fouling out. Don't see that happening in Game 3

-Scales going perfect from the field in the 1st half in Game 2. I'm not a betting guy but I don't see that happening in Game 3

This game comes down to which team has the better supporting cast outside of Scales/Wrinkle & Sells/Donald. The bright lights are on! It's time to play!

2 hours ago, KHSAlum400 said:

It will be a great Game 3 and a good playoff-like atmosphere for both teams! Here a few things I don't think will happen:

-Scales didn't score any FGs in that 2nd half in Game 2. I don't see that happening again

-Scales going perfect from the field in the 1st half in Game 2. I'm not a betting guy but I don't see that happening in Game 3

This game comes down to which team has the better supporting cast outside of Scales/Wrinkle & Sells/Donald. The bright lights are on! It's time to play!

Orangefield 's defense seems to slow Kountze down as seen in 2 previous games. If Kountze keeps Sells out of foul trouble and make those free throws they should get the win.

16 hours ago, KHSAlum400 said:

Scales had a layup in second half of Game 2 and three free throws to finish with 26 on 9/13fg's. Kountze's whole defensive scheme was to stop him in the 2nd half and it baited others into taking quick shots before the ball got back to him. Its a good defensive strategy and something our team has to better understand, and work to get him the ball. He has had quite a few big first halves this season, and then you see them not give him the ball near as much in the 2nd half, It's honestly a basketball IQ Thing for our group that has improved since last season, but could still be better than it is. Our ball movement in the first half seems to always look better than it does in 2nd halves.

I don't see Sells fouling out again either, but I do think that gives the assignment to Donald, and if we can get the spacing right, Donald will be in foul trouble guarding Ghost tonight.

I'd never expect him to be perfect from the floor in any half of play, but I couldn't be more proud of how he embraced the hype and performed in both Games 1 & 2. Since he was young, it was always about taking the best smart shot there was for our team and embracing the moment. What I mean is, he could be 0/9 or whatever in a half but if they were the right, smart shots, then I'd want him to keep pulling the trigger. I know he has put the work in and he is always one shot away from catching fire.

Couldn't agree with your last statement anymore! Orangefiled's supporting cast has been outperformed in the first two games, which in my opinion means they are due! Tonight's matchup is about so much more than Scales/Wrinkle & Sells/ Donald, tonight is about two State Ranked Top 10 TEAMS GOING HEAD TO HEAD FOR THE TRILOGY! Should be another great game and a lot of fun!

One final thought, Game 1 we turned the ball over 28 times, but only 14 in game two. More possessions usually means more points and to me that is the glaringly obvious difference.

24 minutes ago, ECFAN#1 said:

Both teams crack the 3A top ten!!!! It's hard to beat a top 10 team twice in a row and Kountze found that out. Now for Orangefield to be tested two in a row!!!! Should be a heck of a game. Good luck to both teams, and praying for good ref's in the playoffs. lol

Amen brother