Hardin-Jefferson 44 Livingston 45/FINAL

• AggiesAreWe changed the title to Hardin-Jefferson 44 Livingston 45/FINAL
5 hours ago, Bobcat1 said:

Wow, when was the last time HJ missed the playoffs?! 

Really don't expect that to happen this year, unless several players quit or get hurt.  My bold prediction is they end the season in a tie for 3rd with Splendora and win the seeding game.  That said, HJ hasn't had a season like this in probably 20 years.  They were pretty so/so while I was in high school, especially when we were 4A (5A now).

36 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

Really don't expect that to happen this year, unless several players quit or get hurt.  My bold prediction is they end the season in a tie for 3rd with Splendora and win the seeding game.  That said, HJ hasn't had a season like this in probably 20 years.  They were pretty so/so while I was in high school, especially when we were 4A (5A now).

1996-98 is when you were in school?

4 hours ago, bullets13 said:

One has already quit but I think you already knew about him.

14 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

One has already quit but I think you already knew about him.

yes, that happened before district started.  and considering that they've lost two 1-point games and only lost by 6 to HF and HH, i think it's fair to say they would be in the mix for a district championship had he stuck around.  

39 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

yes, that happened before district started.  and considering that they've lost two 1-point games and only lost by 6 to HF and HH, i think it's fair to say they would be in the mix for a district championship had he stuck around.  

Possibly. But not to speak badly on the young man, one could say the team got better. At least that's the view from several I have spoken to.

4 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Possibly. But not to speak badly on the young man, one could say the team got better. At least that's the view from several I have spoken to.

Removing possibly the most dominant big man in the district off a team isn't going to make them better.  That said, I don't know a thing about the kid or any issues that go along with him, and it may be a tradeoff that many are willing to make.  

1 minute ago, bullets13 said:

Removing possibly the most dominant big man in the district off a team isn't going to make them better.  That said, I don't know a thing about the kid or any issues that go along with him, and it may be a tradeoff that many are willing to make.  

Let's just say I trust the folks I spoke to and my own eyes.