Since 1975, PNG Has Made 5 Trips to the State Championship, Won 2 -- Nederland Has 0 Trips and Consequently 0 State Titles!

Reagan

20 hours ago, A BUC 77 said:

Hmmmm.  Well  my comments aren’t to the thread starter but to the ones who question the culture of Nederland.  If we had an equivalent coaching staff to PNG we would not be state contenders.

Half the people questioning the culture of Nederland are from Nederland. Most of the PNG posts are in support of Nederland. It’s the weirdest thing - We want our rival to be better. That kind of makes us Nederland fans - And, as fans, we want to figure out what’s missing. Something is definitely missing. I don’t know exactly what it is, but I’d rather blame culture than blame the kids. 

I understand.  Wasn’t familiar where everyone lives I guess.  It’s hard to put a finger on it.  But I don’t think it’s the culture.  The stars have to align to do what you guys have done the last couple of years.  First was the coaching change.  Then a right group of kids buying in to what this staff was selling.  Matching up   to their opponents.  Nederland just needs a similar string of events.  The culture is there we just needs to wake it up.

On 12/24/2023 at 8:53 PM, A BUC 77 said:

Hmmmm.  Well  my comments aren’t to the thread starter but to the ones who question the culture of Nederland.  If we had an equivalent coaching staff to PNG we would not be state contenders.

I'll somewhat disagree.  Now, looking at how bad Nederland has become I can see your Title statement.  But, if Ned had PNG's staff, sure no Title in one or two years.  But what about the third or fourth year?  When Joseph took over, PNG had a decent program already in place.  They just needed someone to bring them to that next level.  A coach usually needs 1 year to install their system.  2nd year should show remarkable improvement.  3rd and 4th year should be contenders.  But, again, at any one time less than 10% of the coaches can achieve this.  

This is a genuine question for the folks saying the current Bulldog roster couldn’t get to state. I’m not trying to rub anybody’s nose in anything. I’m just struggling to remember.

Didn’t a bunch of Nederland’s best players quit the team over issues with the coaches a year or two ago?

5 hours ago, PN-G bamatex said:

This is a genuine question for the folks saying the current Bulldog roster couldn’t get to state. I’m not trying to rub anybody’s nose in anything. I’m just struggling to remember.

Didn’t a bunch of Nederland’s best players quit the team over issues with the coaches a year or two ago?

That part of your statement? No

But some regular players decided to “specialize”. And they moved on to the next level in those respective sports. And a coach or 2 may have been a driving force for not playing football.