BAYOU BORDER BATTLE II at McNeese University/Post updates here

16 minutes ago, Bobcat1 said:

AAW, was this worth it for the Texas teams?  Seems there were only a few close games. 

Only real mismatch out of the 13 games were the Hardin-Jefferson/Peabody, Orangefield/Fairview and Summer Creek/Capitol games. Even though a couple of the games ended up blow outs (Kountze, Barbers Hill) those two games were still very competitive games throughout.

One thing that stood out to me yesterday, the Texas teams had much much better guard play than the Louisiana teams, minus the Avoyelles Charter team. They had two very good guards. One in particular. I would put him as one of the best I have seen play this year.

If I remember correctly, I believe it was a pretty even split last year between the two states. In fact, Fairview beat Orangefield last year.

I think it's worth it. Let's the kids play in an arena style setting. I hope it continues.

9 minutes ago, UNT-AggieMan said:

What fun it would be if we switched it up every year and played one year in Texas at Lamar and one year in Louisiana at Mcneese. 

Me and @BMTSoulja1 was talking about that very thing yesterday. I think it'd be a cool deal. 

7 minutes ago, UNT-AggieMan said:

What fun it would be if we switched it up every year and played one year in Texas at Lamar and one year in Louisiana at Mcneese. 

I really like this idea. But, some school over here would have to take the role of "host school". Coach Coleman at Sulpher is the man that's running this gig and Sulpher HS has been the host school for both years. No other schools over there (including McNeese, outside of using their facility) is helping run this thing. Even the concessions and hospitality at the Legacy Center is strictly the Sulpher booster club. No McNeese concessions were open during the two days.

Not sure anyone over here wants to take on that role.

9 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I really like this idea. But, some school over here would have to take the role of "host school". Coach Coleman at Sulpher is the man that's running this gig and Sulpher HS has been the host school for both years. No other schools over there (including McNeese, outside of using their facility) is helping run this thing. Even the concessions and hospitality at the Legacy Center is strictly the Sulpher booster club. No McNeese concessions were open during the two days.

Not sure anyone over here wants to take on that role.

BISD definitely has the resources.  Since we already host the YMBL…

Just now, BMTSoulja1 said:

BISD definitely has the resources.  Since we already host the YMBL…

That would be the point. They are ALREADY committed to doing the YMBL. Not sure they would want to tackle another event. One that doesn't do girls games.

But they aren't the only hosts. YMBL has lot's of workers for that tourney. It's not all BISD, that's for sure.

I would be shocked if BISD would take this on.

On 12/22/2023 at 1:04 PM, AggiesAreWe said:

That would be the point. They are ALREADY committed to doing the YMBL. Not sure they would want to tackle another event. One that doesn't do girls games.

But they aren't the only hosts. YMBL has lot's of workers for that tourney. It's not all BISD, that's for sure.

I would be shocked if BISD would take this on.

There's about 30 of us from the YMBL that helps host this tournament..