Vidor (31) @ Livingston (21) - FINAL

jdawg03

2 hours ago, vidorpirate16 said:

Motivated much better, culture was much better, and the results were at least prettier. We may have a similar record to what Matthews would produce this year, but its not impressive football.  

I think fans are starting to see that the grass isn't always greener.  My opinion doesn't matter but I know for a fact that Vidor isn't growing Peyton Mannings on trees, but I also know that there has been a couple, few kids come thru in the past however many years that can give you 8-12 decent passing attempts a game.  Just enough to keep a defense somewhat honest.

47 minutes ago, Right99JOH said:

I think fans are starting to see that the grass isn't always greener.  My opinion doesn't matter but I know for a fact that Vidor isn't growing Peyton Mannings on trees, but I also know that there has been a couple, few kids come thru in the past however many years that can give you 8-12 decent passing attempts a game.  Just enough to keep a defense somewhat honest.

Manning not growing on trees in Vidor?!  Well. One doesn’t know if that is true or not.  For the past 20-25 years throwing the football has not been a priority.  So, developing QB’s from the 7th grade on was never a priority.  And if it was, who’s to say the Vidor coaches were able to do it?

53 minutes ago, Right99JOH said:

I think Vidor could have a passing team if they really wanted it. But you have to change the mindset we have always done it this way. I think they should have brought someone else in to see  they could figure out. But it seems that Vidor chose to hire a HC that was safe, and transition into it. I dont have a dog in the fight just looking from the outside in. Silsbee gets in the I formation runs and throw out of it. 

7 minutes ago, Reagan said:

Manning not growing on trees in Vidor?!  Well. One doesn’t know if that is true or not.  For the past 20-25 years throwing the football has not been a priority.  So, developing QB’s from the 7th grade on was never a priority.  And if it was, who’s to say the Vidor coaches were able to do it?

How many little league or jr. high games have you watched?  Vidor's little league and jr. high throws the ball... MUCH MUCH more than the high school teams.

2 minutes ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

I think Vidor could have a passing team if they really wanted it. But you have to change the mindset we have always done it this way. I think they should have brought someone else in to see  they could figure out. But it seems that Vidor chose to hire a HC that was safe, and transition into it. I dont have a dog in the fight just looking from the outside in. Silsbee gets in the I formation runs and throw out of it. 

Vidor definitely could.  In the late 90s early 2000s Vidor did throw the ball 15+ times a game.  Then came along the mentality of we HAVE to run the ball to compete.  That worked for a couple, few years. 

If Vidor wants to change, now is the time.  There are a few good groups of players that will be coming thru in a few years.

49 minutes ago, Right99JOH said:

Vidor definitely could.  In the late 90s early 2000s Vidor did throw the ball 15+ times a game.  Then came along the mentality of we HAVE to run the ball to compete.  That worked for a couple, few years. 

If Vidor wants to change, now is the time.  There are a few good groups of players that will be coming thru in a few years.

I have nothing bad to say about the slot T. But Pleasant Grove if they still run the Wing T threw the ball some out of a two back set formation. Imo with those formations you have to practicing throwing the ball alot and have a good oline to protect the qb. Once the play action starts i believe you could really open it up. 

2 hours ago, Right99JOH said:

How many little league or jr. high games have you watched?  Vidor's little league and jr. high throws the ball... MUCH MUCH more than the high school teams.

Ok, two things:  Little league means nothing as for as development for the high school.  High school coaches have no control over them.  Plus they are coached by parents.  Now, as for as Jr high, from day one they should be running exactly what the high school is running.  This is where the learning is started.  The HC has control of this.  If Vidor’s Jr highs are doing something different then may be the root of Vidor’s problem.  

51 minutes ago, Reagan said:

Ok, two things:  Little league means nothing as for as development for the high school.  High school coaches have no control over them.  Plus they are coached by parents.  Now, as for as Jr high, from day one they should be running exactly what the high school is running.  This is where the learning is started.  The HC has control of this.  If Vidor’s Jr highs are doing something different then may be the root of Vidor’s problem.  

Two things... One you're wrong that little means nothing.  Go to a Vidor game and listen to the kids wearing little league jerseys trying to call plays.  They may not have all the terminology down but they know what is going on... why?!?!... cause the varsity coaches make appearances to the little fields. and two the jr. high does run the same offense they are just willing to throw out of it more.  Again, how many little league or jr. high games have you attended (recently)?!?! 

2 hours ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

I have nothing bad to say about the slot T. But Pleasant Grove if they still run the Wing T threw the ball some out of a two back set formation. Imo with those formations you have to practicing throwing the ball alot and have a good oline to protect the qb. Once the play action starts i believe you could really open it up. 

There are teams that still run the slot-t or a version of it with that are very successful.  It's like Vidor HC, OC are trying to prove a point instead of trying to win games.