Woodville (19) @ Orangefield (7) - FINAL

jdawg03

Game Info:

Start: Friday, September 15, 2023 at 7:30:00 PM
Home Team Name/Class/District/Division: Orangefield - 3A-10-1
Record: District Wins: 0, Overall Wins: 0, District Losses: 0, Overall Losses: 0

Visiting Team Name/Class/District/Division: Woodville- 3A-9-1
Record: District Wins: 0, Overall Wins: 1, District Losses: 0, Overall Losses: 0

District Matchup: No

*Standings do not include this game.

INSTRUCTIONS TO LIVE UPDATE THIS GAME ON THE SCOREBOARD: 
Type !!score: or !!: as your "command" then Visitor's Score/Home Score/Quarter

Example: !!score:10/14/4 would be 10 to 14 in the 4th quarter
!!:21/28/2 would be 21 to 28 in the 2nd quarter

Use h or H for halftime, and f or F for final
You may also use - , or | in place of /

Extras: Post the time left in the quarter as minutes/seconds.
Ex:7/0/1/13/25 = 7 to 0, 1st quarter, 13 minutes, 25 seconds left. 

Live Broadcast

7 hours ago, Bobcatdad said:

Orangefield looks absolutely horrible..4 win max this season…time to move on from the slot T

Does Orangefield have the personnel to run something else? A lot of times the slot t is tailored to fit your program. I think people are being a little harsh over a 19-7 loss to a good Woodville team who most likely are the favorites to win their district. You might wanna consider what you graduated and lost from last years team when looking at expectations for this years….

3 minutes ago, BBfan061 said:

Does Orangefield have the personnel to run something else? A lot of times the slot t is tailored to fit your program. I think people are being a little harsh over a 19-7 loss to a good Woodville team who most likely are the favorites to win their district. You might wanna consider what you graduated and lost from last years team when looking at expectations for this years….

Nope

42 minutes ago, setxathlete14 said:

Nope

And i didn’t mean that in a bad way it just is what it is lol Bellville is the same way… with the exception of a couple years ago when we had 2 D1 RBs it’s the Slot T 98% of snaps… because that’s what fits our kids we have. You rely more on your defense to win you games. Nothing wrong with it

8 hours ago, Bobcatdad said:

Orangefield looks absolutely horrible..4 win max this season…time to move on from the slot T

Although I’m not a huge fan of the Slot T, Orangefield does run a lot of Power I, Iso. I wouldn’t say terrible.

Considering the fact the Bobcats have a brand new OL (no returners) with little to no experience, a new QB, two main running backs that didn’t run the ball much if any last year I would say that they are getting experience. 

i hope that the team got enough experience to win 4 of the 6 games left. 
19-7 loss vs a good Woodville team is improvement. 
take away a few turnovers & it’s a whole different ball game. 

we shall see. 

1 hour ago, BBfan061 said:

No.  Absolutely not. When you are often “out-athleted,” seems like a pretty good system.   Someone mentioned running backs, they also lost a senior QB last year (in addition to Dischler) whose football IQ probably surpassed his talent (and he was very talented as well).  Just as importantly, they also replaced most of the big fellas.  That’s another advantage to the Slot T for OF.  They often have some pretty good size up front.