Woodville (19) @ Orangefield (7) - FINAL

jdawg03

3 hours ago, Bobcat101 said:

Considering the fact the Bobcats have a brand new OL (no returners) with little to no experience, a new QB, two main running backs that didn’t run the ball much if any last year I would say that they are getting experience. 

Thats exactly what it is. Just take the rebuild year and find a way to improve the young talent each week. Bobcats will be back to normal soon.

Maybe try to get WOS on the schedule for next year. Could be a big confidence booster for the program.

38 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Thats exactly what it is. Just take the rebuild year and find a way to improve the young talent each week. Bobcats will be back to normal soon.

Maybe try to get WOS on the schedule for next year. Could be a big confidence booster for the program.

Ya we’ll play them. Maybe WOS can finally win a game. 

On 9/15/2023 at 10:44 PM, Setx fan said:

Idk. There's EC, Anahuac, Buna, and also Kville and Tarkington look half decent this year 

You make a fine point, sir. Certainly a debate to be had for sure. I just don’t see Orangefield being knocked out of the playoffs with four teams being allowed to go. I don’t expect a district title from them this year , but you get four places to get in.  In regards to some of the other conversations on this thread…You know I can understand the slot T being used as they put it when you are “out athleted” if Orangefield was still playing WOS or Silsbee in that bigger district. Personally , I have a tough time believing that Orangefield is “out athleted” in this current district they are in. I saw the 9th grader throw the ball for Ofield varsity. You are getting him experienced early, and he is a big kid with what appears to be a decent arm strength. I refuse to believe that it has to be slot T or else “everytime or every year”….you don’t have the lineman or the current backs to run the system this year as was mentioned in here by others , then why are you refusing to adapt or change? Many opinions on this , but there is nothing wrong with at least stating an opinion like “bobcatdad” did earlier on here. It isn’t working for them right now. No one can argue that point. They are the largest school in the district they are currently in..Regardless of how someone loves the coaches or loves the school district, and I think it’s both very honorable and somewhat comical when people come roaring to the defense of a coach or a program… there is no excuse for not making the playoffs when four team go in this district. Orangefield cannot hide from that..they need to get in the playoffs. They have good enough talent in players to get in. Four teams go man..they need to be one of them, and I believe they will be. In fact , I believe they beat Buna this week and start 1-0 in district. I’m not sold on the Buna hype train. 

On 9/16/2023 at 7:22 AM, Bobcat101 said:

Although I’m not a huge fan of the Slot T, Orangefield does run a lot of Power I, Iso. I wouldn’t say terrible.

Considering the fact the Bobcats have a brand new OL (no returners) with little to no experience, a new QB, two main running backs that didn’t run the ball much if any last year I would say that they are getting experience. 

i hope that the team got enough experience to win 4 of the 6 games left. 
19-7 loss vs a good Woodville team is improvement. 
take away a few turnovers & it’s a whole different ball game. 

we shall see. 

Slot T has been ran for a while, it works when ran correctly and good fakes with good offensive play calling. Unfortunately OF offensive play calling isn't the best and hasn't been in a while and are terrible with fakes. same mistakes every week with no fixing is coaching issues. OL is mostly juniors and seniors with like two sophomores I believe, just undersized even in 3A. QB situation is tricky, he's definitely thrown some good balls, but not sure if coaches will keep him at quarterback or put him at tight end with his height in the next years. I agree there are 0 running backs with experience on the team. how its looking now isn't pretty, thank god they aren't in 4A. If that 2021 team they had were in 3a it would've been real trouble

2 hours ago, Gametime2020 said:

Slot T has been ran for a while, it works when ran correctly and good fakes with good offensive play calling. Unfortunately OF offensive play calling isn't the best and hasn't been in a while and are terrible with fakes. same mistakes every week with no fixing is coaching issues. OL is mostly juniors and seniors with like two sophomores I believe, just undersized even in 3A. QB situation is tricky, he's definitely thrown some good balls, but not sure if coaches will keep him at quarterback or put him at tight end with his height in the next years. I agree there are 0 running backs with experience on the team. how its looking now isn't pretty, thank god they aren't in 4A. If that 2021 team they had were in 3a it would've been real trouble

I remember the 2021 team… we played y’all in the first round. Might’ve went 2-3 rounds deep in 3A that year but who knows. Yall just happen to run into one of the best Bellville teams they have ever fielded who also happens to run the Slot T lol

3 hours ago, Gametime2020 said:

You have identified the coaching problems with play calling. Do you think those “0” experience RBs carrying out their fakes and blocks impacts the performance? In the Slot T? Or just poor coaching? What plays do you think the coaches should call? 200 series? 300 series? 100s? Which plays do they not call?

12 hours ago, Gametime2020 said:

If he gains some weight he could be a great tightend. I asked my son about how much he weighs and he’s saying around 190ish. 
With that being said. You have freshman QB who is 6’4 190LB and can throw a tight spiral 65 yards. Any football team in this area, big school or small school would love that. Yet we are still running the ball. 

• 1 month later...
On 9/22/2023 at 8:58 AM, 89Falcon said:

You have identified the coaching problems with play calling. Do you think those “0” experience RBs carrying out their fakes and blocks impacts the performance? In the Slot T? Or just poor coaching? What plays do you think the coaches should call? 200 series? 300 series? 100s? Which plays do they not call?

Yes absolutely it does. good fakes you dont know where the ball is which is what the slot t is supposed to do and get 3-4 every play and run down the clock. the current backs now are young which is why i said 0 experience and didnt play last year or the year before. the slot t is a good offense if ran right like i said but you need a big offensive line which they're lacking. defense is small too. There are definitely plays and adjustments they could've made as coaches which would have helped them win more games this year, unfortunately they didn't.

On 9/22/2023 at 5:36 PM, OFstan17 said:

If he gains some weight he could be a great tightend. I asked my son about how much he weighs and he’s saying around 190ish. 
With that being said. You have freshman QB who is 6’4 190LB and can throw a tight spiral 65 yards. Any football team in this area, big school or small school would love that. Yet we are still running the ball. 

Yes, but he's just very inexperienced right now. I saw him throw some good balls but then fumble a ton of hand offs, there are other good quarterbacks coming up too so they may or may not move him because of his size. only time can tell though. if is moved to tight end he needs to live in the weight room.