BH Vs. Montgomery

BHFAN

BH Vs. Montgomery   

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• BH
    • Montgomery

BH travels to Montgomery to take on the Bears after they narrowly lose to 6A New Caney by a score of 34-35. The Eagles got revenge from last years opening loss to Mag West  flipping the score from last year 28-18. BH beat the bears last year 42-10 so you would think another blow out, but New Caney also beat them 49-14 last year. BH returns 7/6 while Montgomery returns 7/4 from last year and for reference New Cane returned 4/7 from an undefeated district Champ team! Montgomery is boasting a true duel threat QB that is being touted as one of the best in the Houston area as a Jr.  not sure what to expect here, but BH will have to contain the QB and tighten up the secondary to beat the bears. My gut tells me BH by 14, but this could be a good one! 

Can’t find any highlights from the NC game ,but did see some of their scrimmage against College Park , outside of their illusive QB they do have a scat back that is quick.  They do look much improved, but the key is stopping that QB . Hope we have a spy on him all night because he will tuck and run before standing in the pocket. 70% of the time he keeps on the option read , so our LB’s will be tested. 

2 hours ago, BHFAN said:

Can’t find any highlights from the NC game ,but did see some of their scrimmage against College Park , outside of their illusive QB they do have a scat back that is quick.  They do look much improved, but the key is stopping that QB . Hope we have a spy on him all night because he will tuck and run before standing in the pocket. 70% of the time he keeps on the option read , so our LB’s will be tested. 

I think the majority of the athletes in all sports is at Lake Creek. I’m picking BH by 17.

9 hours ago, Old Ape said:

Stop!!! 
your playing Montgomery not Clemson!! I hate it when people get on here and make some team into being good just because they are on the schedule. Y’all went to the BH v Montgomery game last year!! They ain’t good!

True Montgomery hasn’t been good , but we don’t live in the past like Crosby. This year Montgomery lost by 1 point to NC which beat them 49-14 last year. If you look at what NC brought back from an undefeated 6A district championship last year it doesn’t support that kind of drop. You can only conclude that Montgomery has improved and we play them at home. No one is trying to make them better because there on the schedule that is again a Crosby tactic so they feel better when a donkey stomp in on the way.

Montgomery is not the best team. But, so what? They do appear to be "improved" from last year though, and they are at home. Probably good enough for now. BH does not need to play the KC Chiefs to get work in. I don't stress about pre district opponents or scores. Its meant to be a workout. We will likely have different pre district opponents the next two years anyway. In week 9, 10, 11 it won't really matter who we played in week 2, thats JMHO. 

5 hours ago, Separation Scientist said:

Montgomery is not the best team. But, so what? They do appear to be "improved" from last year though, and they are at home. Probably good enough for now. BH does not need to play the KC Chiefs to get work in. I don't stress about pre district opponents or scores. Its meant to be a workout. We will likely have different pre district opponents the next two years anyway. In week 9, 10, 11 it won't really matter who we played in week 2, thats JMHO. 

Barbers Hill is a class act program and have a great leader in their head coach. Im taking Barbers Hill. I will be interested to see how this game turns out being that district play begins next week, and y’all have a team (Baytown Sterling)now playing possessed making the short trip to “The Hill” next week for the district opener. 

Thank you Gametime5. I saw Sterling last week and they looked very good. Their opponent was indeed week but Sterling "got after it" from the opening kickoff. Their team had some new spark and swag. As I mentioned, they appear to have a partially new staff. Their arrow is definitely pointing up!