San Augustine (36) @ Hemphill (20) - FINAL

jdawg03

Game Info:

Start: Friday, August 25, 2023 at 7:30:00 PM
Home Team Name/Class/District/Division: Hemphill - 3A-12-2
Record: District Wins: 0, Overall Wins: 0, District Losses: 0, Overall Losses: 0

Visiting Team Name/Class/District/Division: San Augustine- 2A-11-1
Record: District Wins: 0, Overall Wins: 0, District Losses: 0, Overall Losses: 0

District Matchup: No

*Standings do not include this game.

INSTRUCTIONS TO LIVE UPDATE THIS GAME ON THE SCOREBOARD: 
Type !!score: or !!: as your "command" then Visitor's Score/Home Score/Quarter

Example: !!score:10/14/4 would be 10 to 14 in the 4th quarter
!!:21/28/2 would be 21 to 28 in the 2nd quarter

Use h or H for halftime, and f or F for final
You may also use - , or | in place of /

Extras: Post the time left in the quarter as minutes/seconds.
Ex:7/0/1/13/25 = 7 to 0, 1st quarter, 13 minutes, 25 seconds left. 

7 hours ago, SAWolfman said:

SA has improved dramatically 

I was surprised at how bad they got, and how quickly after being so solid for years.

Glad to see y’all bouncing back.  I stop in SA for snacks and to use the restroom every time I go to the deer lease, and one of my favorite games in high school was at SA

1st off Hemphill is really a 2A school (purpleeagles)

2nd yes, Hemphill lost ALOT of talent last year. So, it will definitely will be hard to replace that

Oh yea, Hemphill’s starting running back did play. Don’t know where they got it from as all Hemphill players played. 

1 hour ago, JPTPRIDE said:

2nd yes, Hemphill lost ALOT of talent last year. So, it will definitely will be hard to replace that

Oh yea, Hemphill’s starting running back did play. Don’t know where they got it from as all Hemphill players played. 

"really a 2A school"? A 2A school with "3A numbers"? 

3 hours ago, 89Falcon said:

"really a 2A school"? A 2A school with "3A numbers"? 

Lol check their numbers for yourself! Total as of 1st day of school was 221!!! So, yes “Really” 2A numbers. From 273, which what was turned in (LAST REALIGNMENT) to 221 usually means they DON’T have 3A numbers. JS

and no sawolfman SA just flat out beat the heck out of Hemphill and they will be many more whooping to come. Hemphill AGAIN lost alot of talent last year and it will be extremely hard to replace.  I will not take anything away from SA. They are on the rise!

Hemphill will be 0-4 going into their 1st district game. They have Shelbyville, West Sabine, and Kirbyville left before there district opener against Trinity!

Just Keeping It Real 🤷🏻‍♂️, It’s a rebuilding year.

1 hour ago, JPTPRIDE said:

Lol check their numbers for yourself! Total as of 1st day of school was 221!!! So, yes “Really” 2A numbers. From 273, which what was turned in (LAST REALIGNMENT) to 221 usually means they DON’T have 3A numbers. JS

and no sawolfman SA just flat out beat the heck out of Hemphill and they will be many more whooping to come. Hemphill AGAIN lost alot of talent last year and it will be extremely hard to replace.  I will not take anything away from SA. They are on the rise!

Hemphill will be 0-4 going into their 1st district game. They have Shelbyville, West Sabine, and Kirbyville left before there district opener against Trinity!

Man I heard Tod Stark tried leaving town and the board would not accept his resignation…

I didn’t realize your numbers were so low. Maybe y’all will be in the district with us next year!  That would be fun. 

9 hours ago, JPTPRIDE said:

All schools enrollment is low the first day of school. Snapshot numbers are enrollment numbers in October. I think Hemphill will probably stay 3A2. 

2 hours ago, purpleeagle said:

All schools enrollment is low the first day of school. Snapshot numbers are enrollment numbers in October. I think Hemphill will probably stay 3A2. 

They might, you know you eagles folks are always right, but I don’t see it. And I heard a lot of kids moved out, went to homeschool, graduated early (which my niece did) and I believe the lower classes were already small. Not many jobs around there.  If your moving to Hemphill it’s usually to retire and live on the lake. 

20 hours ago, JPTPRIDE said:

Hemphill’s starting RB did I not play because he was, I guess you could say, in lockdown. That came from a Hemphill coach himself whom I know very well.

13 minutes ago, Coach85 said:

Hemphill’s starting RB did I not play because he was, I guess you could say, in lockdown. That came from a Hemphill coach himself whom I know very well.

Don’t sound like he was much of a starter if his already on “lockdown” and again I don’t that he would/would’ve mad a difference!