Magnolia West (18) @ Barbers Hill (28) - FINAL

jdawg03

5 hours ago, Separation Scientist said:

Very decent first game, but still lots to work on and clean up. Effort was good, execution will develop. All in all a good workout. That's the purpose right now.  

Our next opponent Montgomery lost to New Caney by 35 last year, but this week they lost to NC by 1, so I expect an improved Montgomery will be another good team to work against. 

Yeah can’t figure out that NC Montgomery game. NC went undefeated last year in their 6 A district and predicted to finish third while Montgomery won 3 games last year and predicted to finish second to last in their 5A Div II district.  From what I have read NC coach left and they have a new coach this year , but what a drop off!! Montgomery does have a highly touted QB though that is a true fuel threat QB and 7 did return on their offense, but Dave Campbell didn’t give them any love for that with a poor prediction for the season, might be a good game next week.

7 hours ago, BHFAN said:

Yeah can’t figure out that NC Montgomery game. NC went undefeated last year in their 6 A district and predicted to finish third while Montgomery won 3 games last year and predicted to finish second to last in their 5A Div II district.  From what I have read NC coach left and they have a new coach this year , but what a drop off!! Montgomery does have a highly touted QB though that is a true fuel threat QB and 7 did return on their offense, but Dave Campbell didn’t give them any love for that with a poor prediction for the season, might be a good game next week.

Also looks like NC lost a lot to graduation, especially on the offensive side of the ball. Only 4 starters returning on offense.

21 hours ago, BHFAN said:

Also, not sure what West Fork took from New Caney. I think they’re still underclassmen.

Interesting game, figured BH would’ve blown MW out. BH brought back all their weapons and still scored the same 28 points as last year while MW only brought back 10 starters from a 4th place team and played a closer game. Going to be interesting to see if they can hang on to that one point that keeps them out of 4th place this year? 

23 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Interesting game, figured BH would’ve blown MW out. BH brought back all their weapons and still scored the same 28 points as last year while MW only brought back 10 starters from a 4th place team and played a closer game. Going to be interesting to see if they can hang on to that one point that keeps them out of 4th place this year? 

BH only scored 10 last year and BH only brought back 3 starters than they did. No one thought this would be a blow out either way😂. Could be worse we could have lost by 5 scores from a team that only returned 3 starters with a Soph QB. How embarrassing would that be?

3 hours ago, BHFAN said:

BH only scored 10 last year and BH only brought back 3 starters than they did. No one thought this would be a blow out either way😂. Could be worse we could have lost by 5 scores from a team that only returned 3 starters with a Soph QB. How embarrassing would that be?

Last year BH had like 7 turnovers against MW. This year I think we had like 3. IMO, BH is further along after week 1 this year. I think the only week they may struggle is at Crosby because BH usually struggles at Crosby.

3 hours ago, BHFAN said:

I surely didn’t think it would be a blowout, just using your returning starter theory. Magnolia West isn’t very good which is why they’re picked 4th in their district again this year but y’all aren’t either. I really couldn’t care less about how BH looks right now, I just figured I’ll make a post in one of y’all’s thread since you’ve cared enough to make about 100 in Crosby threads since the offseason and year started. Good luck, y’all will definitely need it this year 

3 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I surely didn’t think it would be a blowout, just using your returning starter theory. Magnolia West isn’t very good which is why they’re picked 4th in their district again this year but y’all aren’t either. I really couldn’t care less about how BH looks right now, I just figured I’ll make a post in one of y’all’s thread since you’ve cared enough to make about 100 in Crosby threads since the offseason and year started. Good luck, y’all will definitely need it this year 

It’s only because of the deep love I feal for the Coogs. 😎

4 hours ago, alwaysright said:

Last year BH had like 7 turnovers against MW. This year I think we had like 3. IMO, BH is further along after week 1 this year. I think the only week they may struggle is at Crosby because BH usually struggles at Crosby.

That was then this is now. BH will do just fine at the forest😀