Thought this was pretty interesting

AggiesAreWe

21 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

This is the hidden content, please

Young man is pretty articulate and makes some very interesting points.

I read Klein's piece on Marchand and it seemed like the whole situation was just wrong.  I don't understand the administration going out of its way to try and hurt a kid... they knew what was at stake and chose to hammer him.  Supposedly teachers cheered when the decision came down.  There aren't a lot of bright lights BISD in right now, and it seems like they just wanted to blow this one out "just because."

But on the bigger picture, I think Beaumont is probably too far down the tracks towards becoming the next Port Arthur.  People with families who can live someplace else, do.  It's really sad.

3 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

This is the hidden content, please

Young man is pretty articulate and makes some very interesting points.

His writing is exemplary.

It probably wasn’t hard to draw his conclusions unfortunately. 

There is something even more unfortunate however. It is that no matter how much sense his statement makes, it will fall into the laps of a smug group of individuals who have already shown that they don’t see him as an asset or an example of their district but rather a thorn in their side.   

If I read his statement correctly, when he was contesting the grade he was denied and filed a public records request and it showed there were over 5,500 internal emails about him. When I was in high school, I would be shocked to find that my name was mentioned over 5,000 times even if counting personal conversations out of my presence between friends and enemies combined.

The guy hopefully has a bright future. If he does, some of those same school board members will be crowing about how good BISD is and he is an example. When that potential Wikipedia article mentions that he graduated from Westbrook at BISD, the same group that did him wrong, will be high-fiving and patting each other on the back for the recognition of his success. 

• 3 months later...

The most important statement was near the end:

The people of Beaumont have the power to rectify this by holding your elected officials accountable and by ensuring through strict oversight so that unelected bureaucrats do not run amok. It is the duty of the voters to hold our politicians accountable.

That is unlikely to ever happen in BISD in our lifetimes. Beaumont not only repetitively elects and hires the corrupt, but even celebrates them by naming things like stadiums after them. Beaumont ran its productive people out of town the past 25-50 years, so todays Beaumont is what you get. Beaumont's self inflicted present and future is bleak. 

12 hours ago, Separation Scientist said:

The most important statement was near the end:

The people of Beaumont have the power to rectify this by holding your elected officials accountable and by ensuring through strict oversight so that unelected bureaucrats do not run amok. It is the duty of the voters to hold our politicians accountable.

That is unlikely to ever happen in BISD in our lifetimes. Beaumont not only repetitively elects and hires the corrupt, but even celebrates them by naming things like stadiums after them. Beaumont ran its productive people out of town the past 25-50 years, so todays Beaumont is what you get. Beaumont's self inflicted present and future is bleak. 

If people held their elected officials accountable, there would be much less problems from the local to the national level.

Probably the main problem is what does accountable mean?

To many I suspect it means, what can you give me that other people will have to pay for.

In January 1961, JFK in his inaugural speech said: And so, my fellow Americans: Ask not what your country can do for you - ask what you can do for your country.

After his assassination, that mindset went away with the Great Society. 

Now some people feel that accountability by elected officials isn’t to the community or nation but what can my country or community do for me.

On 8/7/2023 at 4:40 PM, CardinalBacker said:

People with families who can live someplace else, do.  It's really sad.

Lumberton, Port Neches, Nederland, Bridge City, etc........

Beaumont ISD has been the best thing for the outlining cities......Exactly why I moved to Lumberton