The Left is Melting Down Over This Music Video

Unwoke

1 hour ago, PAMFAM10 said:

CMT this is a CMT issue. (White liberals strikes again)

1 hour ago, PAMFAM10 said:

CMT is owned by Paramount who is just another Woke Corporation, not surprising. 

Virtue signaling. 

It reminds me of a couple of years ago when they were all upset about “Baby It’s Cold Outside” at the same time that “WAP” was the number one song in the land. 

It’s all just manufactured outrage. But you can guarantee that IF there’s going to be a controversy, they’ll be mad at a conservative artist. If this were a Dixie Chicks, errrrrr “Chicks” song and video no one would bat an eye.  

44 minutes ago, Reagan said:

OK, so, what's funny is that there is a music video that shows actual violence and lawlessness and yet what the liberals choose to complain about is the video that shows this?  PAMFAM -- are you in this category?!

You mean like this? Ah…since it’s Trump that is getting shot and humiliated then it’s Art right? 

What if the White Rapper Machine Gun Kelly had Obama made up in makeup acting like he was shooting him? His career would have been over and he wouldn’t have been able to find a job for the rest of his life. The hypocrisy of some people and this country is nauseating. 

39 minutes ago, Unwoke said:

You mean like this? Ah…since it’s Trump that is getting shot and humiliated then it’s Art right? 

What if the White Rapper Machine Gun Kelly had Obama made up in makeup acting like he was shooting him? His career would have been over and he wouldn’t have been able to find a job for the rest of his life. The hypocrisy of some people and this country is nauseating. 

snoop dogg has always been trash.

Great point!

1 hour ago, Reagan said:

OK, so, what's funny is that there is a music video that shows actual violence and lawlessness and yet what the liberals choose to complain about is the video that shows this?  PAMFAM -- are you in this category?!

No I love country music I have Jason on my Apple Music. Even though I don’t care for this song I will still listen to his music that I do like.

15 hours ago, PAMFAM10 said:

No I love country music I have Jason on my Apple Music. Even though I don’t care for this song I will still listen to his music that I do like.

Exactly.....

If we start canceling everyone who disagrees with us politically, we may not like the results....

Willie supported Biden......I will always love Willie....

And as far as the song......I don't particularly care for stars and stripes songs or songs about anything political. As a musician myself, originality is important to me, and these political songs sound more like commercial songs out there strictly for the money or to capitalize on an issue....... 

I also think no music should be censored.....Buyers choice

17 hours ago, Reagan said:

What is the song about?

18 minutes ago, Big girl said:

What is the song about?

I haven’t bothered to listen because I don’t really care for his music. 

My understanding is that he details a lot of bad things that happen here in America, but primarily in larger areas, with a warning about “don’t try it in a small town.”  It’s the same reason we don’t tend to have riots in Texas-it would be bad for the rioters’ health, same as it would be in a small town anywhere. 

BUT they shot the music video in front of a courthouse that was the site of a lynching that occurred 96 years ago. Was that intentional? Who knows. More importantly, who cares? Nobody alive remembers it happening. Somebody has to tell us to be outraged, and I guess it worked again. It’s also worth noting that Aldean and his wife are very outspoken conservatives… no surprise that the woke mob is coming after them. 

29 minutes ago, Big girl said:

What is the song about?

Here are the lyrics.  I don’t see the problem, but what do I know?

“Sucker punch somebody on a sidewalk
Carjack an old lady at a red light
Pull a gun on the owner of a liquor store
Ya think it's cool, well, act a fool if ya like

Cuss out a cop, spit in his face
Stomp on the flag and light it up
Yeah, ya think you're tough

Well, try that in a small town
See how far ya make it down the road
Around here, we take care of our own
You cross that line, it won't take long
For you to find out, I recommend you don't
Try that in a small town

Got a gun that my granddad gave me
They say one day they're gonna round up
Well, that shit might fly in the city, good luck

Try that in a small town
Try that in a small town

Full of good ol' boys, raised up right
If you're looking for a fight
Try that in a small town
Try that in a small town

Try that in a small town
Try that in a small town

Try that in a small town
Ooh-ooh
Try that in a small town”

On 7/23/2023 at 10:58 AM, PAMFAM10 said:

By design? When you tell your kid no, they want it even more.....

Sales chart of today's iTunes top 100 country songs 2023 is updated several times a day and was last updated Pacific Time. The current number one country song on iTunes is: Try That In A Small Town by Jason Aldean.