Suprema Court strikes down affirmative action for college entrance.

tvc184

22 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

It appears that the 14th Amendment finally applies to everyone. 

This is the hidden content, please

No Joke! What took so Long?

You can’t beat racism with racism. Smh

Today was a horrible day for Progressives in America.😁

So let me get this straight …

Democrats want to cheat to get into college, and once they get accepted, they want you to pay for it?   Uh….

1 hour ago, Unwoke said:

Democrats want to cheat to get into college, and once they get accepted, they want you to pay for it?   Uh….

The Supreme Court actually brought that up in their decision.

From the Supreme Court website:

”Eliminating racial discrimination means eliminating all of it”. 

I believe that affirmative action had its place. Three generations later it seems to be time to move on. The Supreme Court agreed  

10 hours ago, Unwoke said:

Very telling.

4 hours ago, Reagan said:

Ramaswamy Says Colleges Are Already Searching For 'Workarounds' To SCOTUS' Admissions Ruling!  The salient question is:  Why does the left hate the Constitution so much?!

Why should they do that, Big Girl say the ruling only applies to two universities. 

On 7/1/2023 at 2:02 PM, Reagan said:

Ramaswamy Says Colleges Are Already Searching For 'Workarounds' To SCOTUS' Admissions Ruling!  The salient question is:  Why does the left hate the Constitution so much?!

If Ramaswamy is correct about work-arounds….. 

Universities have gone from being discriminatory in admissions to certain groups (so affirmative action was needed to force a change) to those same universities now trying to figure out a work-around against the Supreme Court to keep those same groups on campus.

Oh, how times have changed.

The Civil Rights Act was signed into law almost 60 years ago. Several generations have passed and the roles have reversed with schools fighting to keep minority students, not exclude them.

History appears to have moved on. Some people haven’t apparently cannot. 

Just now, Big girl said:
On 7/1/2023 at 2:19 PM, Unwoke said:

No doubt, Race , Gender or Religion shouldn’t matter. Hire the most qualified.

Never understood as a young applicant forty years ago why that mattered. 

I agree. That would definitely help minorities.

15 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

If Ramaswamy is correct about work-arounds….. 

Universities have gone from being discriminatory in admissions to certain groups (so affirmative action was needed to force a change) to those same universities now trying to figure out a work-around against the Supreme Court to keep those same groups on campus.

Oh, how times have changed.

The Civil Rights Act was signed into law almost 60 years ago. Several generations have passed and the roles have reversed with schools fighting to keep minority students, not exclude them.

History appears to have moved on. Some people haven’t apparently cannot. 

We are only 2 generations past the Civil Rights Act. My generation, and my kids' generation. The majority of all college campuses are comprised of white people. Baylor, when my son was there, was only 8 % black, 70% white. Why are you all complaining. 

49 minutes ago, Big girl said:

We are only 2 generations past the Civil Rights Act. My generation, and my kids' generation. The majority of all college campuses are comprised of white people. Baylor, when my son was there, was only 8 % black, 70% white. Why are you all complaining. 

Gotta start somewhere. Patience isn’t one of your virtues, if you have any at all.

Back then, blacks composed 11-12% of the population. What are you complaining about?

1 hour ago, Big girl said:

Who is complaining? I have never been concerned about college admissions rates but I applaud the Supreme Court upholding the Constitution  

I am only putting out facts.

So while putting out facts, the 2020 census has the White population at about 62%.

The same federal government shows that Whites in college are at 55%. 

Nice cherry picking on Baylor. Maybe I could choose Texas Southern where out of 7,015 students, 139 are White.

A country which has a population that is about 38% minorities, has a college population of 45%. So according to your percentage based analysis, Whites are underrepresented in college according to the federal government. So who is complaining about the Supreme Court decision?

43 minutes ago, Big girl said:

Yet we only comprised 8% of the student body

Let’s see……12% of the population means 12% should be enrolled in colleges? Do you realize how many scenarios would have to be applied for you to realize that the math doesn’t stay the same? I am talking in generalities and you want specifics.

16 hours ago, tvc184 said:

Who is complaining? I have never been concerned about college admissions rates but I applaud the Supreme Court upholding the Constitution  

I am only putting out facts.

So while putting out facts, the 2020 census has the White population at about 62%.

The same federal government shows that Whites in college are at 55%. 

Nice cherry picking on Baylor. Maybe I could choose Texas Southern where out of 7,015 students, 139 are White.

A country which has a population that is about 38% minorities, has a college population of 45%. So according to your percentage based analysis, Whites are underrepresented in college according to the federal government. So who is complaining about the Supreme Court decision?

What is the college population of black people?

16 hours ago, baddog said:

Let’s see……12% of the population means 12% should be enrolled in colleges? Do you realize how many scenarios would have to be applied for you to realize that the math doesn’t stay the same? I am talking in generalities and you want specifics.

Baylor was 70% White, and you guys are complaining