idiots on the water

Lucky

Why is it that some people don't understand how to drive in a boat ?

Take away that center stripe and they don't have a clue which side of the river to drive on.

I can't tell you how many times I have had boats heading right at me and as I start to veer to my right..........they steer the same direction.

What about the dummy who runs his boat right into the middle of working gulls, and then turns the motor off to fish.

If you don't have a troll motor......... please shut it down early and drift into the school of fish.

well then you can stick to the bank is all i can say bud i know wut you mean but there is nuthin you can do about it i hate it when yer trollin by the bank and they are plained out and flyin right by yuh and you think yer gonna fly out the boat from the wake

Who was THAT directed to???

Who was THAT directed to???

Hang on PNG, I will attempt to interpret. I think it was a general statement, not intended for any one person.

well then you can stick to the bank is all i can say bud i know wut you mean

I guess you need to stay out of the school near the open water because that is where the people are cutting through at high speed.

but there is nuthin you can do about it i hate it when yer trollin by the bank and they are plained out and flyin right by yuh and you think yer gonna fly out the boat from the wake

I hate it. Even when I am near the bank fishing and a boat will fly by so fast that I am afraid the wake will toss me out of the boat.

bwahahahahahahhaa................now that's a good interpretation i'd say.  I would have to agree your gonna have barney's everywhere even offshore.  My pet peve is when were out 80 or 90 miles and working a big fish that requires boat work and some dummy stops 20yds away to watch or fish. Then after telling by mouth and radio that we need room to work the fish he never moves and we lose it on his prop..............ughhh.  It's inevitable that someone is going to run a boat up through the school of working fish/birds  and usually they come from the down wind side and catch nuthin but backlashes while running the fish off...............but what can you do........i usually just  watch to see what direction the school of fish is moving and set drift to intercept aftter the birds bust off done pretty well with that strategy this year, or just chase reds in the shallows where my boat will run and most others won't. 

Hang on PNG, I will attempt to interpret. I think it was a general statement, not intended for any one person.

well then you can stick to the bank is all i can say bud i know wut you mean

I guess you need to stay out of the school near the open water because that is where the people are cutting through at high speed.

but there is nuthin you can do about it i hate it when yer trollin by the bank and they are plained out and flyin right by yuh and you think yer gonna fly out the boat from the wake

I hate it. Even when I am near the bank fishing and a boat will fly by so fast that I am afraid the wake will toss me out of the boat.

A couple of weeks ago I was taking the family out for a Sunday afternoon boat ride. We got a mile and a half from the new boat ramp in Orange and saw a boat flagging us down in a high traffic area near the port. We pulled up and they were of course, broke down.  They said they had been trying to get help for over an hour and nobody would stop. We got em back to the dock and after thanking me several times, one man tried to give me money for towing them back. After I refused, he tossed something in my boat as I was pulling away from the dock. My daughter snatched it up... $40.00 ! 

I find it hard to believe that some boats actually passed these people right up. This happened a few days after two drownings on Sabine river. I saw three people flagging at me and I was relieved that it was only engine trouble.

I know that most boaters would stop and help.......but the others are idiots !

Yeah i flipped my pirogue 2 years ago wearing my waders and if it werent for the duck decoys i'd have been in a heck of a bind.  I was in the middle of old lake and swimming/ treading water holding on to the decoys for flotation and during the 2 hours it took me to fight the wind and swim to shore i had 5 boats pass me and just look at me in amazement.  If could have loaded my shot gun i would have pepperedthere boats.  I'm pretty sure it's a law that you have to render aid to someone you can tell needs help on the water.  anyways i made my way back to within 100yds of the ramp when a boat finally picked me up and literally towed me to the ramp because the waders were too heavy to lift me in the boat. 

Yep, at least thats what my Grandad told me many years ago.....that you must stop and render aid.

Where's tvc (the cop) he should know for sure ?

Stop and render aid is a requirement if you have been involved in an accident whether it be a vehicle accident or a boating accident. One is under the Parks and Wildlife Code and the other is in the Transportation Code but they roughly say the same thing. If someone is injured in an accident that you are involved in, you must render aid to them and if you are the operator, you must give them your name, address and insurance if it is an auto accident.

I have never seen a law with the requirement to render aid for something that you happen to see or witness.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder