2023 Lamar Cardinals Football

• 4 weeks later...
19 hours ago, myrecordwashorrible said:

Drop to D2, essentially all sports have to drop NCAA will not allow a single sport drop. 

A school is allowed to be a lower division and have 1 male and 1 female play up a level, but not 1 sport down. DBU baseball and several ice hockey programs come to mind. 

The idea of Lamar dropping is a moot point.  

Augusta is in the Southland for golf only otherwise they are in Division II Peach Belt Conference.

Both the men and the women won the Southland Golf tournaments. The woman are going to make an appearance in the NCAA Championships.

• 1 month later...
On 5/15/2023 at 11:56 AM, SmashMouth said:

I wish there was a way to make Lamar football competitive...

1. University commitment. 

2. Coaching staff that can recruit and win.

3. Community backing.

4. Top rated facilities for all sports. 

This is a drop in the bucket to what all it takes. I hope Lamar University can turn the program around, but they alone cannot! How does it go "It takes a village!"  

6 hours ago, Bulldogs92 said:

He's right about getting some of the local under-recruited kids on campus (and hopefully out of the portal). There's a lot of talent in Southeast Texas that would make a world of difference. What systems will they go with on offense and defense?

Win and they will come!  As I have always said, winning solves a whole lot of problems!

On 7/13/2023 at 8:51 AM, Bulldogs92 said:

He's right about getting some of the local under-recruited kids on campus (and hopefully out of the portal). There's a lot of talent in Southeast Texas that would make a world of difference. What systems will they go with on offense and defense?

If a kid is "under-recruited" in this area there is likely a good reason or more.  Our area is monitored and recruited extremely hard.  Schools from the Big Sky have even "poached" this area on occasion.  I do like your thoughts on the portal for young men that go to large programs and see limited playing time.  That should be and likely is a focus of the staff.