2023 Rangers

It’s been a brutal stretch as a rangers fan.  They’ve blown half their save attempts this year.  The funny thing is, at the start of the season if you offered me this position at this point of the season I would’ve jumped on it.  But how they’ve gotten to this point is painful.  

It's felt like the rangers were done for the last month, as they've bled off games they should've won.  Obviously no bullpen never blows leads, but the rangers, had their pen been even marginally good this year, would be pushing 30 games over .500 right now.  And a few of those games they blew were against the stros, meaning their record would be a couple games worse.  If that were the case, the rangers would be up at least 6-8 games right now.  It is what it is, and I'm not upset about the progress the rangers made this year.  We know where we need to concentrate in the offseason.  Would love to see them re-sign stratton and montgomery.  All that having been said: the rangers are only .5 back in the wildcard, and 3 back in the division.  their next 3 are against oakland, then four against Toronto, who's the team a half game ahead of them in the wild card.  Win 5 out of 7 (should have a decent chance) and they're back in wild card, and probably make up a little ground in the division.  The season isn't over yet, even though it feels that way for anyone who's been watching for the last three weeks.  Much needed day off today.

7 hours ago, bullets13 said:

It's felt like the rangers were done for the last month, as they've bled off games they should've won.  Obviously no bullpen never blows leads, but the rangers, had their pen been even marginally good this year, would be pushing 30 games over .500 right now.  And a few of those games they blew were against the stros, meaning their record would be a couple games worse.  If that were the case, the rangers would be up at least 6-8 games right now.  It is what it is, and I'm not upset about the progress the rangers made this year.  We know where we need to concentrate in the offseason.  Would love to see them re-sign stratton and montgomery.  All that having been said: the rangers are only .5 back in the wildcard, and 3 back in the division.  their next 3 are against oakland, then four against Toronto, who's the team a half game ahead of them in the wild card.  Win 5 out of 7 (should have a decent chance) and they're back in wild card, and probably make up a little ground in the division.  The season isn't over yet, even though it feels that way for anyone who's been watching for the last three weeks.  Much needed day off today.

I keep going back to those 1 run games.

12-19 on the season. What if it was reversed? 19-12 would give us at least a wild card shot. 

15 hours ago, Ty Cobb said:

I keep going back to those 1 run games.

12-19 on the season. What if it was reversed? 19-12 would give us at least a wild card shot. 

A bigger issue for me, although it has a lot of correlation, is the fact that out of 55 save opportunities, the rangers have saved 26 times and blown saves 29 times.  That is historically bad. That said, I'm willing to bet more than half of those 19 1-run losses are also blown save games.