Silsbee vs Liberty Predictions

BADSANTA

15 minutes ago, Professor said:

I just looked at the regional brackets and it shows our region finals will be in Bryan. It changed last night. Does anyone know if this is right. Have reservations for Lufkin but may need to change them.

4A Region III tourney is in Bryan. This was changed back in August. UIL/Maxpreps never made the change on the bracket on their website until recently.

16 hours ago, Professor said:

I just looked at the regional brackets and it shows our region finals will be in Bryan. It changed last night. Does anyone know if this is right. Have reservations for Lufkin but may need to change them.

I think that's been the plan for a while. 

This is the hidden content, please

I'm glad because we have family to stay with that we haven't seen since Thanksgiving so that's convenient.  But it's a comedown from what we've known, even compared to Lufkin.  It's a nice 6A gym but not an arena and somewhat unimpressive for this kind of event.  

I suppose the capacity is adequate but if Silsbee makes it I'm going after tickets the instant they become available.  

9 minutes ago, JimThorpe said:

I think that's been the plan for a while. 

This is the hidden content, please

I'm glad because we have family to stay with that we haven't seen since Thanksgiving so that's convenient.  But it's a comedown from what we've known, even compared to Lufkin.  It's a nice 6A gym but not an arena and somewhat unimpressive for this kind of event.  

I suppose the capacity is adequate but if Silsbee makes it I'm going after tickets the instant they become available.  

UIL asked if Lufkin would be willing to host 6A Region II instead of 4A Region III back in August. They said yes so UIL had to find a place for 4A.

Sam Houston and UIL parted ways. Sam really didn't want to host any longer and UIL didn't want to pay what Sam was asking.

Just now, AggiesAreWe said:

UIL asked if Lufkin would be willing to host 6A Region II instead of 4A Region III back in August. They dais yes so UIL had to find a place for 4A.

Sam Houston and UIL parted ways. Sam really didn't want to host any longer and UIL didn't want to pay what Sam was asking.

What do you think about the capacity?  The 19-4A, 20-4A and 21-4A are pretty loyal and will make that drive.  Most would drive to Timbuktu if necessary.  I suppose they can cram us all in.  

21 minutes ago, JimThorpe said:

What do you think about the capacity?  The 19-4A, 20-4A and 21-4A are pretty loyal and will make that drive.  Most would drive to Timbuktu if necessary.  I suppose they can cram us all in.  

May have to empty gym in between semifinal games.

When the tourney was at Lufkin last year, there was probably 1900 fans there. Lufkin holds 2400.

Not sure what is Bryan gym capacity.