Trump referred to DOJ for criminal prosecution by January 6 Committee

Bobcat1

2 hours ago, Bobcat1 said:

This is the hidden content, please

LOL!  They must REALLY be afraid of this man.  But this means nothing because there's nothing there.  I believe it was a lawyer who said that "you can indict a ham sandwich!"  So -- more TDS on parade!  SMH!

PS -- They have been after Trump for, what, 6 years now and they have NOTHING.  All they could do is make up stuff that has proven to be 100% false!  If they actually had something, like the J 6 committee, they would have already put it out there for charges.  But, again -- NOTHING!

3 hours ago, Reagan said:

LOL!  They must REALLY be afraid of this man.  But this means nothing because there's nothing there.  I believe it was a lawyer who said that "you can indict a ham sandwich!"  So -- more TDS on parade!  SMH!

PS -- They have been after Trump for, what, 6 years now and they have NOTHING.  All they could do is make up stuff that has proven to be 100% false!  If they actually had something, like the J 6 committee, they would have already put it out there for charges.  But, again -- NOTHING!

He who laughs last….

And, I will be laughing last.

1. Congress has no authority to bring charges on anyone.  In that scope they are nothing more than private citizens.  As an example, if someone in this forum believes they’re aware of or can show a civil rights violation, they can contact the FBI and pass on the information. In that respect, Congress can pass on the information, but that is it.

2. The United States Attorney (USA) for that district in Washington has to accept charges and seek a federal indictment. The same USA on his own discretion could have investigated Trump at any time in the last two years with actual law-enforcement authority, and not under a recommendation from Congress.

3. This was just a committee and not the entire House of Representatives. It was basically a Star Chamber were a defense was not allowed and the Republicans weren’t allowed to participate or call witnesses. It was an example of a kangaroo court.

4. The entire House voted during Obama‘s term to seek criminal contempt charges against Attorney General Eric Holder for contempt of Congress. The USA did not seek an indictment.  Another Democrat committee in 2019  voted to ask the USA to indict then Trump Attorney General William Barr for criminal contempt. Nothing was done.

5. The Democrats have had two years of “investigations” and their term and committees (and any proposed laws) ends in a few days. Once a Congress ends its term and a new Congress is seated in odd years on January 3, all previous bills end and any investigations start anew but in this case, under Republican control.  That means anything not passed or finished in the next few days, ends. This was their parting shot. This was the Democrat’s participation trophy to themselves. It was now or never so their last official act was to say, we would sure like to see Trump indicted. NO KIDDING??

6. The USA could, at his discretion, seek an indictment on recommendations from Congress but it is not an automatic as I showed above.

7. I would normally say that this is a non-issue and will go nowhere. Under the current, hyper partisan dog and pony show that we are watching right now, I would not disregard that It might happen, however.

4 hours ago, Reagan said:

Funny thing about it is everytime they make up something about Trump we  find more Democrat Corruption. 😂

6 minutes ago, Unwoke said:

Funny thing about it is everytime they make up something about Trump we  find more Democrat Corruption. 😂

Schiff head needs to dig into the biden’s!  Yea right🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣This committee proves Dems are a joke and have nothing better to do.  If they would have put as much effort into choosing a better candidate than biden, as they did trying get Trump out of office, maybe we wouldn’t be in the shape we are now.  They wasted 6 years doing nothing but trying to overthrow Trump.  I would say that was a coup attempt.  Is that the same thing as what the Dems call an insurrection?

1 hour ago, BS Wildcats said:

Schiff head needs to dig into the biden’s!  Yea right🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣This committee proves Dems are a joke and have nothing better to do.  If they would have put as much effort into choosing a better candidate than biden, as they did trying get Trump out of office, maybe we wouldn’t be in the shape we are now.  They wasted 6 years doing nothing but trying to overthrow Trump.  I would say that was a coup attempt.  Is that the same thing as what the Dems call an insurrection?

A proper insurrection requires at least two flagpoles and a fire extinguisher.

4 hours ago, tvc184 said:

1. Congress has no authority to bring charges on anyone.  In that scope they are nothing more than private citizens.  As an example, if someone in this forum believes they’re aware of or can show a civil rights violation, they can contact the FBI and pass on the information. In that respect, Congress can pass on the information, but that is it.

2. The United States Attorney (USA) for that district in Washington has to accept charges and seek a federal indictment. The same USA on his own discretion could have investigated Trump at any time in the last two years with actual law-enforcement authority, and not under a recommendation from Congress.

3. This was just a committee and not the entire House of Representatives. It was basically a Star Chamber were a defense was not allowed and the Republicans weren’t allowed to participate or call witnesses. It was an example of a kangaroo court.

4. The entire House voted during Obama‘s term to seek criminal contempt charges against Attorney General Eric Holder for contempt of Congress. The USA did not seek an indictment.  Another Democrat committee in 2019  voted to ask the USA to indict then Trump Attorney General William Barr for criminal contempt. Nothing was done.

5. The Democrats have had two years of “investigations” and their term and committees (and any proposed laws) ends in a few days. Once a Congress ends its term and a new Congress is seated in odd years on January 3, all previous bills end and any investigations start anew but in this case, under Republican control.  That means anything not passed or finished in the next few days, ends. This was their parting shot. This was the Democrat’s participation trophy to themselves. It was now or never so their last official act was to say, we would sure like to see Trump indicted. NO KIDDING??

6. The USA could, at his discretion, seek an indictment on recommendations from Congress but it is not an automatic as I showed above.

7. I would normally say that this is a non-issue and will go nowhere. Under the current, hyper partisan dog and pony show that we are watching right now, I would not disregard that It might happen, however.

It is under grand jury investigation, and the current DOJ has two years minimum to complete its investigation, indict and prosecute.

Even Trump got the reds at McCarthy for not replacing Jordan and the other traitor I can’t remember his name. He could have had 4 republicans on there and chose not to. Picked up his ball and went home when he didn’t get his way.

I venture to guess, and would be willing to wager there will be indictments, and ordinary citizens like you and me will sit on a jury, hear the evidence, and convict the ex president of at least one charge.

12 minutes ago, Reagan said:

Alan Dershowitz dismisses Jan. 6 committee’s Trump referral: ‘Worthless piece of paper’!  And he's a Democrat!  Not many logical ones left!

Hahaha…. He must have read my comments of it being a kangaroo court.

if he mentions participation trophy, I want credit or I will accuse him of plagiarism. 😃

29 minutes ago, Reagan said:

Alan Dershowitz dismisses Jan. 6 committee’s Trump referral: ‘Worthless piece of paper’!  And he's a Democrat!  Not many logical ones left!

You don’t know a shill when you see one? Obfuscation reigns in the conservative bubble. Your guys make three card monty look like a game of checkers.

24 minutes ago, Eagle11 said:

A committee made of of Trump haters pushed this forward. Liz Cheney cannot go away and hide in her daddies basement fast enough. If this Congress were serious about going after criminals, that presidents crackhead son would be in prison already and he would not be far behind.

He and the big guy get a pass from the DOJ, FBI, CIA and any other government entity.  Can you imagine if this were one of Trump’s sons?  Of course , there would be no cover up any governmental law enforcement agency, as they have done with the biden’s.  You won’t hear a word out of UTalum or Big girl about the biden’s corruption.  Their TDS has them blinded as to what is actually going on in the government.  And this started during obama’s reign.

15 hours ago, UT alum said:

You don’t know a shill when you see one? Obfuscation reigns in the conservative bubble. Your guys make three card monty look like a game of checkers.

I'm sure Alan Dershowitz has been called many things but I'm reasonably sure a "Republican Shill" is not one of them!