Fort Bend Marshall (21) vs Port Neches-Groves (29) - FINAL

Reagan

23 hours ago, 1970 said:

In the first meetup any time FBM needed a 1st down they just threw to the tall wide receiver who always lined up on the right side. He'd go 5 or 10 yards, whatever was needed, and boom, 1st down. PNG's DB never covered him close, at all. Whenever PNG played back and/or blitzed, FBM would throw a little screen type pass to a back coming across in front of the line of scrimmage. Also busted plays ate PNG up. I'm sure the PNG coaches are on top of all of this now. Hopefully no turnovers like the first game. Also double hopefully there will be some decent refs. Those in FB were absolutely horrible. Of course all of the refs everywhere have had a hard time throwing flags for holding this season, all season. 

Edit: Like was already said above, PNG and the refs combined to spot FBM 14 points right off, and they pretty much stayed ahead by 14 for the rest of the game, 21-7, 28-14, etc, until the very end of the game when backups were in and they broke a long run for the final score, 35-14.  

And furthermore, this should be a particularly interesting game. PNG's offense is just now, in the past couple of games, beginning to come together, the recent 2nd half ease ups notwithstanding.  FBMs' front defensive 4 is their strength, and the big defensive end is the strong right arm. We'll see how our now-well-known 3rd and short rugby scrum play works with their front 4 + linebackers. Hopefully we'll see some surprises in that regard. 

13 minutes ago, KF89 said:

CalPreps analytics & calculations has Marshall winning by 20pts.

[2022] Thurgood Marshall  (Missouri City, TX)- 34  (88%)  

[2022] Port Neches-Groves (Port Neches, TX)- 14    (12%)

I don't see the point of posting that. What good does it do? Don't let that guy ^ discourage you PN-G! No computer ever played a game. Buckle up Indians and play your A-off! Its a winnable game.  I'll be there in support of PNG 

20 minutes ago, Separation Scientist said:

I don't see the point of posting that. What good does it do? Don't let that guy ^ discourage you PN-G! No computer ever played a game. Buckle up Indians and play your A-off! Its a winnable game.  I'll be there in support of PNG 

If you don't like computers & analytics cool, many people do its part of today's sports. Just posting the Cal Preps info. no discouragement intended for either team.  

22 minutes ago, Cougtalk said:

Alright I need to see a picture on gameday of the home side being filled if yall really think that the GCISD stadium isn't big enough. I don't buy it. 

Pepsi Challenge prove you can fill the homeside... 

That's a fair challenge. Many have become spoiled by Texan Live or whatever. But still, I bought tickets and plan to be at the game for support, but also because TL is just not the same as being there.  

57 minutes ago, KF89 said:

If you don't like computers & analytics cool, many people do its part of today's sports. Just posting the Cal Preps info. no discouragement intended for either team.  

That might not have been the "intention" but it sure could cause it. Calpreps is well known by many so it's exceeding easy for some one to go there and look it up themselves, IF they wanted to see it. But what about those who don't? If you post it front and center in a PNG thread, you can't help but see it. You should not decide for them. Let people decide for themselves to look or not. 

BTW I am sure glad BH didn't go by the computer in the first round vs. FBM last year.            

37 minutes ago, Separation Scientist said:

That might not have been the "intention" but it sure could cause it. Calpreps is well known by many so it's exceeding easy for some one to go there and look it up themselves, IF they wanted to see it. But what about those who don't? If you post it front and center in a PNG thread, you can't help but see it. You should not decide for them. Let people decide for themselves to look or not. 

BTW I am sure glad BH didn't go by the computer in the first round vs. FBM last year.            

Relax dude it's just a prediction about the game, from Cal Preps. Stop getting your feelings hurt over a post on the 3rd page of the topic. If anything it should be xtra motivation for png players being doubted & given a 12% chance on being able to beat Marshall. 

LET'S GO INDIANS!!!

1 hour ago, KF89 said:

Relax dude it's just a prediction about the game, from Cal Preps. Stop getting your feelings hurt over a post on the 3rd page of the topic. If anything it should be xtra motivation for png players being doubted & given a 12% chance on being able to beat Marshall. 

LET'S GO INDIANS!!!

I don't need to "relax" dude. I and everyone else knows its a computer projection, obviously. You are not answering the question, why do you get to decide for everyone to see projections or not? Can you answer that? Don't you think if someone can access this site they can also go to Calpreps IF they want? And what if they don't? Your "help" is not needed.     

17 minutes ago, Separation Scientist said:

I don't need to "relax" dude. I and everyone else knows its a computer projection, obviously. You are not answering the question, why do you get to decide for everyone to see projections or not? Can you answer that? Don't you think if someone can access this site they can also go to Calpreps IF they want? And what if they don't? Your "help" is not needed.     

I just posted a score projection from Calpreps on this game, to keep people on this site instead of going to other sites. It's just a post on what the expert computer analytics football guys had on the outcome of the game. Different posters have been posting predictions from Calpreps on setxsports forums for years & you are the 1st person I have ever seen in 12 years get their feelings hurt over it. Calm down, find you a safe place to go, nothing offensive towards any team was stated or any forum rules were broken that i am aware of. 

5 hours ago, KF89 said:

CalPreps analytics & calculations has Marshall winning by 20pts.

[2022] Thurgood Marshall  (Missouri City, TX)- 34  (88%)  

[2022] Port Neches-Groves (Port Neches, TX)- 14    (12%)

Basically the score of the first meeting this year. Hopefully, PNG plays mistake free ball this time.