Carthage vs gilmer

Bansheefan

35 minutes ago, Tigers94 said:

Carthage should beat everyone in 4AD2 by 3 or 4 TDs on average. Any talk outside of that is just speculation.

Of the teams in 5AD2 now, I'd take South Oak Cliff or FB Marshall. SOC gave Duncanville all they wanted before district and Dville is about 10x better than anyone Carthage has played. They might have actually won that game if they'd switched quarterbacks.

5AD1 I'd take Longview, Aledo, Timberview, College Station, Lancaster and maybe even PA if they can hang with (or beat) LV this week.

Is easy to look big and bad against helpless teams. What's the Bulldogs most impressive win? Kilgore?

And has it been confirmed Gilmer's starting qb ain't playing? Going to be an ugly game if true.

I've seen multiple Gilmer ppl say he's not playing, we'll see Friday night. Checked my guide and it'll be on TV. Bally Sports Southwest. 

35 minutes ago, Tigers94 said:

Carthage should beat everyone in 4AD2 by 3 or 4 TDs on average. Any talk outside of that is just speculation.

Of the teams in 5AD2 now, I'd take South Oak Cliff or FB Marshall. SOC gave Duncanville all they wanted before district and Dville is about 10x better than anyone Carthage has played. They might have actually won that game if they'd switched quarterbacks.

5AD1 I'd take Longview, Aledo, Timberview, College Station, Lancaster and maybe even PA if they can hang with (or beat) LV this week.

Is easy to look big and bad against helpless teams. What's the Bulldogs most impressive win? Kilgore?

And has it been confirmed Gilmer's starting qb ain't playing? Going to be an ugly game if true.

I don't think nobody is talking about 5A-D1 it's 5A-D2 my man... Clearly Carthage would get murder (by certain teams that are still playing now in 5A-D1) but if you put them in 5A-D2 then you're talking about a whole different thing here.  The Bulldogs are in 4A-D2 right now but outside of the teams that remains in the playoffs you can't say that they ain't the best right now until they actually get knocked off.  I would actually like to see them get knocked off (Carthage beat Coldspring 47-22 in the state championship game) but in my honest opinion Gilmer and Silsbee are the best teams they will see in these playoffs and if they cruise past them in which I think they will then Carthage will come out as state champions once again.  But I ask off you please don't dismiss them as like they can't run through 5A because time and before again they have done it in pre-season games before and would definitely do it in 5A-D2.

10 hours ago, TrojanWarrior08 said:

I don't think nobody is talking about 5A-D1 it's 5A-D2 my man... Clearly Carthage would get murder (by certain teams that are still playing now in 5A-D1) but if you put them in 5A-D2 then you're talking about a whole different thing here.  The Bulldogs are in 4A-D2 right now but outside of the teams that remains in the playoffs you can't say that they ain't the best right now until they actually get knocked off.  I would actually like to see them get knocked off (Carthage beat Coldspring 47-22 in the state championship game) but in my honest opinion Gilmer and Silsbee are the best teams they will see in these playoffs and if they cruise past them in which I think they will then Carthage will come out as state champions once again.  But I ask off you please don't dismiss them as like they can't run through 5A because time and before again they have done it in pre-season games before and would definitely do it in 5A-D2.

Crosby went to the semi finals and Carthage beat them in non district game the same year. They beat them with 9 brand new starters on offense and two offensive linemen missing due to COVID. 
Just saying. 

The stud WR from Gilmer played QB most of the night.   Gilmer defense played pretty good against the Carthage offense.  

I thought Carthage could have ran the ball straight at Gilmer all night, and the got impatient all night long, and wanted to throw the ball.

Carthage is very good, and that was most likely the 2 best teams in 4AD1, but that is no where near the best Carthage offense they have had.   Their defense is legit, and very young, but not great on offense.

Gilmer has 5 D1 commits. It was a great effort by both squads.  If we are going to talk about who did and didn't play, we also need to talk about how young Carthage is, especially on D.  The whole squad is full of soph/juniors and lets go ahead and mentioned that Carthage has a RB that's a freshman and will be a superstar when its all said and done.

Gilmers defense was way better than I thought they were. Gilmer played their butts off. 
The Dawgs D held the 11th team out of 13 to zero points at half time and 7 points for the game. The Dawg starters have held 13 opponents to 27 points in 13 games, that is 2.0 points a game. 
The Dawg offense was a little off tonight, but that could be attributed to the Gilmer defense. 
The Dawg D has 4 sophomores on defense and two sophomores on the offensive line. That alone is amazing because they are very big and talented. 

4 hours ago, Horton said:

Gilmers defense was way better than I thought they were. Gilmer played their butts off. 
The Dawgs D held the 11th team out of 13 to zero points at half time and 7 points for the game. The Dawg starters have held 13 opponents to 27 points in 13 games, that is 2.0 points a game. 
The Dawg offense was a little off tonight, but that could be attributed to the Gilmer defense. 
The Dawg D has 4 sophomores on defense and two sophomores on the offensive line. That alone is amazing because they are very big and talented. 

I was impressed with the defensive line.   When Gilmer did have success on a few runs, it was to the perimeter, and not between the tackles.  They are big, and agile.   That defense will always be something special for years to come.

I’m not sure a young, sophomore QB woulda made much of a difference either.

5 hours ago, Horton said:

The Dawg D has 4 sophomores on defense and two sophomores on the offensive line. That alone is amazing because they are very big and l

#17 is considered their best player and they have a lot of confidence in the senior.  He was put in at qb a couple weeks ago.  I really wonder if the change was made because they thought it would give them the best chance to win rather than the sophomore qb throwing into the Carthage defense.  Carthage has a history of stealing Gilmer passes and the new set up put the ball in #17’s hands on every play.  The sophomore played late in the game.  

1 hour ago, house said:

#17 is considered their best player and they have a lot of confidence in the senior.  He was put in at qb a couple weeks ago.  I really wonder if the change was made because they thought it would give them the best chance to win rather than the sophomore qb throwing into the Carthage defense.  Carthage has a history of stealing Gilmer passes and the new set up put the ball in #17’s hands on every play.  The sophomore played late in the game.  

I was told he could have played (started) but the coach went with Rohan so they could potentially run, where they feel they had an advantage.  Gilmer really gave an excellent effort I thought