Dayton's New Turf

I hope one of our hometown newspaper's is WRONG, but i read in the Liberty Gazzette that dayton's new turf, is going to be PURPLE, surely this is some bad information, purple field turf WTF

i don't think i could look at purple turf for 3 hours without getting ill

New turf and track this year,,,,new stands on visitors side, new press box, new lighting, i think new bathrooms, being planned for next year

The present home side will become the visitors side, after the renovations are complete, i hope the purple turf is some bad information from our neighbors across the trinity

i was going to take some pics the other morning, but the rain and lightining made me change my mind

It is not their fault, they are just dumb. The turf is not purple. The endzones are purple with Dayton and Broncos in opposite endzones in white. The playing field is green. Don't worry.

This year: New field and track, new lights and fencing.

Next year: NEw seating, parking, concessions and bathrooms.

The school has bought all of the little houses that have been around the stadium forever. Not tha ones across the street. The new parking lot will be where the old baseball field is and across the bus road back there. When all renovations are made over the next two years it really should be one of the nicer stadiums in the area.

Ok i am glad to hear that were not going to have a purple field, i will try and snap a few pics tomorrow, i'll have to do it thru the fence, everything is locked up tight.

Depends on how much beer i drink tonight and how i feel in the morning

At least Dayton has foresight on what needs to be done. Here in Huffman we are playing in a 1500 seat stadium. GO FIGURE

Hey etbu, any plans in the future for a new stadium in Huffman? I know that we filled that visitors side up, so I can't imagine what some of these bigger 4A schools will do.

• 3 weeks later...

In your new district, not many fans travel, i'm sure Barbers Hill will bring a bunch, and Crosby because its so close,

Galena Park will bring about 200-300

C.E. King will bring about 375-450

Forest Brook will bring about 250

Smiley will bring about 100

Don't know about New Caney

Ever since the UIL told the bands to tone it down, smileys band went to pot, they had about 35 band members last year VS 350 the year before

Galena Park will have 500-600 for a home game, unless its homecoming, or free taco night

I got a look at daytons new turf today, its pretty nice, the end zones are purple and the field is green, i plan on checking it out tomorrow

The asphalt is down for the track, all they have to do is put the top layer on and install the new lighting and new fencing

Hey etbu' date=' any plans in the future for a new stadium in Huffman? I know that we filled that visitors side up, so I can't imagine what some of these bigger 4A schools will do.[/quote']

We are going to ask everyone to bring lawnchairs. I dont know but they are talking about a bond election in the fall. Get this at a meeting two weeks ago they say that Huffman will grow fivefold over the next four to five years. All these people moving will force their hand in building a stadium. How ya like our deer sand for a pressbox? Sorry guys some bad blood between several of us and the board over this matter.

• 4 weeks later...

Just checked out the new turf and man how sweet is this going to be for the fans of Dayton? The ligts are not far from being completed. Nice very nice. :lol:

Those buildings in the background are part of the old high school built in the 40's or 50's, used for 6th grade now, i think

The building with all the windows is a gym, attached to that is a dressing room, and the other building is new and i don't know what its for, maybe band

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder