Laporte at Humble Kingwood Park Sept 29

lcm93

Thoughts posted on Football Friday with additions of rough stats I could find.

Watched their HUDL highlights. Looks like the pistol with a pretty even balance between pass & run. Their QB—from what I read somewhere—is a converted WR. So, he can run open field. Seems to have a strong arm. Will need outside contain. Their main receiver appears to be a young man named Bailey I think. He also handles some KO return duties similar to LP 23. Reminds me of LP #17 from a receiving standpoint. Solid team with some size. I did notice their YAC yards were off the charts due to very poor tackling technique from their opponents. Haven’t seen so much arm tackling in a while. LP needs to continue with their solid, textbook solar plexus hits & wrapup. Minimize YAC yards and they may have a rough time moving the ball and have to resort to low % deeper pass plays. Not sure they have the speed to get outside on LP.

Of the three district teams they’ve played, Crosby would seem to be the team most would think would be a PO contender. LP has played BH & Lee—who both could be PO bound. Overall scoring between the two teams is almost identical, but LP has allowed less. LP has less pass yards by far. But, they average over 8 YPC, and 15 YPC when they do pass (About 8-12 per game.)

Should be a very good ball game. Good health to both teams.

I will have to watch via NFHS on ROKU.(Good thing I’ve got a ROKU stick instead of a smart TV. Ha!)

If anyone has experience setting up, or recommendations, please let me know. I should be able to stream on my 55”. Appears NFHS will be using Texan Live stream. Both NFHS & Texan Live have an app for the external ROKU devices for watching on TV instead of just a pc/tablet/phone.

Don’t know much about KWP this year, but picking LP in this one. LP’s defense was solid against the pass ,but with BH having a average run game not sure about the run D. LP’S trenches is what will continue to elevate this team. That giant O-line hides that 5 ft back and betime  you find him he’s gone😂. Should be a good game

• AggiesAreWe changed the title to Laporte at Humble Kingwood Park Sept 29
39 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

This game is tomorrow night 9/29, not Friday 9/30. Was waiting to see if the thread author caught it, I guess not. 🤷🏾‍♂️

So…

I know you’ve watched the HUDL vids. What’s your prediction? Looks like the offense KWP is running is a perfect fit for #2. I couldn’t find a roster. But, I’m pretty sure I saw he was an experienced senior.

37 minutes ago, OlDawg said:

So…

I know you’ve watched the HUDL vids. What’s your prediction? Looks like the offense KWP is running is a perfect fit for #2. I couldn’t find a roster. But, I’m pretty sure I saw he was an experienced senior.

Nah I watched the actual games that's on Texan Live, hudl only has those lil bits and pieces of footage. I got KWP only cause it's at Turner Stadium. I wouldn't be surprised at any outcome though. I think yall backfield is better than theirs but KWP QB and WRs is better than yalls in my opinion. Both yall got size in the trenches. I'm not quite sure who has the better defense between yall though. This should be a barnburner, emphasis on should be

Get ready for those Watergate Meetings by the refs in this one. 😂🤣

Coming off big win, Kingwood Park football looks to keep strong start going vs. La Porte

This is the hidden content, please
Staff writer Houston Chronicle
Sep. 28, 2022Updated: Sep. 29, 2022 9:35 a.m.

Everything that could go wrong last Friday night for Kingwood Park happened.

The Panthers faced adversity before stepping on the field against Crosby when the defensive bus broke down.

The K-Park defense would make it to Cougar Stadium, but then the Panthers found themselves down 15-0 after the first quarter. They fought back, but trailed 22-17 at halftime. 

“When we went into halftime talking about different things, they had the look in their eye that they were about to get this done,” Kingwood Park coach Clayton Maple said. “They don’t want to let each other down. This group of kids play so hard for each other, and our senior leadership really helps as well. This is a great group of kids and they let us coach them, which is good.”

K-Park went on to defeat Crosby 49-22 to remain undefeated in district play. It was the first time in history the Panthers defeated Crosby in 11 tries all-time.

It was a particularly sweet victory given the Panthers were outscored 122-30 by the Cougars the past two seasons.

“All the leaders on the team and the coaches just told everyone that the game isn’t over yet,” left tackle Erick Zapata said. “We knew that we hadn’t played our best game yet and still had another half to go out and win the game. You know last year we thought that we would be winning like this, but it didn’t happen. Everyone is stronger, faster and smarter so we feel real confident when we step on the field.” Up next for K-Park (4-1, 3-0) is La Porte (4-1,3-0), led by new coach Kevin Berneathy, in a matchup of District 8-5A Division I unbeatens at 7 p.m. Thursday at Turner Stadium. 

Zapata is among a core group of seniors leading K-Park this season.

Quarterback Patrick Overmyer is off to a great start leading the Panthers’ offense. The dual-threat QB is 57-of-105 for 809 yards with 10 touchdowns to one interception. On the ground, he has 37 carries for 331 yards with seven TDs.

Fellow senior Pierce Richards, Overmyer's favorite target and close friend, has 33 receptions for 439 yards with six touchdowns.

They're trying to help K-Park make the playoffs for the first time since 2019. The Panthers, off to the best start in school history in district play, never have never won an outright district title. In 2011, K-Park shared the District 18-4A title with Willis and Summer Creek.

Maple credits the adversity his team has faced the past two seasons to helping the Panthers start this season on a strong note.

“The experience factor for our guys is what helps us the most,” Maple said. “Their belief and confidence that they have built over the last couple of years is helping us. Last season, we ended on a three-game winning streak, and we really told the guys that we can start this season just like we ended last season. We have a lot of good things going on right now, but we’re just taking it one game and one day at a time.”

Zapata and the rest of the seniors know this is the time to leave a legacy at K-Park. The seniors want to make sure that the underclassmen know how important it is to be a Panther on the field, in the classroom and in the community.

“As seniors, we really want to set the culture,” Zapata said. “We want to see these younger guys continue the tradition of winning at Kingwood Park. One day, the guys who are behind us are going to have to lead when we’re gone, and we have to make sure they’re ready when their time comes on the field to be a starter.”

NFHS app has Chromecast casting built in. Would be easier to do it that way than through the Roku app actually if you have Chromecast set up on any of your TV's.

I would never buy another TV without Chromecast built in or without adding one externally. Best invention since the Internet. 

Any video you are watching from a laptop on Chrome can also be easily casted to a tv, so the fact NFHS has it built into their app is convenient, but wouldn't be necessary.

Good luck to LP tonight.