Kirbyville vs Hemphill

hardcore

Hemphill should win this game. They play such a soft pre district schedule. We want know anything about Hemphill until October. Not to say teams on their schedule are not good. But can Hemphill compete with the top teams in Region 3 playoffs. When they match up with a powerhouse like Newton in October. Until then your guess is as good as mine were Hemphill falls in the scope of things. Other than their playing good football. 

1 hour ago, purpleeagle said:

Playing three 2A teams should prepare them to go to state. You have to go to 6 man to get any lower. Do not brag on Hemphill until they play a decent team in their class. 

Where in my comment did I say anything about Hemphill being a state caliber team? Read before commenting. I only said they were a good team not a power house team. I sense worrisome in you.🤣 Good luck to both teams this Friday and pray for no injuries. 

On 9/10/2022 at 4:16 PM, hardcore said:

Hemphill is playing good ball while Kirbyville is struggling in close games. This should be a good practice game for Hemphill before District starts. Who do you got in this game? I will have to say Hemphill because Kirbyville is still under construction, presently.

Never give up on the Cats,  Hemphill is practice for us too. We just got to wait and see.

On 9/11/2022 at 1:51 AM, OleMoe said:

If the Kats would pass at the beginning of the game instead of 4th quarter they could've won the last 2 games. Hemphill will be hard to beat.

I believe the Wildcats do have great potential to be a competitive team. They play with heart but they have to develop follow through tactics. What's hurting them now is wide receivers and defensive (not wrapping up on tackles). Lastly, they need to mix up plays on offense side of the ball to keep the opponent guessing. That's why they lost the last two games in a close ones. 

Hemphill is pretty stout up front with 3 good RB's and an athletic QB.  The QB can run and throw, he has 3 good receivers.  Defensively the DL and LB's are pretty solid.  The secondary is yet to be tested but they are athletic.  This is the most complete team that Hemphill has fielded in many years.  

With that being said, their 3 wins are over 3 average to decent 2A D1 teams.  Shelbyville is pretty good but I think Kirbyville will be Hemphill's toughest test to date.  I think Hemphill should win but you never know until the final whistle has blown.

17 minutes ago, UncleSi said:

Hemphill is pretty stout up front with 3 good RB's and an athletic QB.  The QB can run and throw, he has 3 good receivers.  Defensively the DL and LB's are pretty solid.  The secondary is yet to be tested but they are athletic.  This is the most complete team that Hemphill has fielded in many years.  

With that being said, their 3 wins are over 3 average to decent 2A D1 teams.  Shelbyville is pretty good but I think Kirbyville will be Hemphill's toughest test to date.  I think Hemphill should win but you never know until the final whistle has blown.

How is west sabine doing this year

1 hour ago, UncleSi said:

I agree. Kirbyville took the win last season. Should be a good matchup for both teams. 

1 hour ago, JimAdler said:

How is west sabine doing this year

West Sabine is fair this year.  If they get healthy I think they could play well enough to have a chance at the playoffs.  Of course, the district runs though Timpson and Joaquin is very good, outside of those two all others are beatable for West Sabine.  WS has a very athletic QB and 2 good receivers along with a very strong running back.  If the o-line can improve and if the defense can tighten up a little I think they can play with Grapeland, San Augustine, Shelbyville, and Garrison.