Rusk Baseball Coach to Lumberton?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BIGRED75... kinda sounds like buff to me!

its goin to be my last year to play baseball in high school this year... four years four coaches! my freshman year i went to tarkington, thats one, then sophomore year was brevell, thats two... junior year was a joke with coach buff, thats 3 and now another coach.. i hope and pray that this guy is good!

and to everyone who is saying stuff about we didnt have problems with coach buff, it was the parents... you need to get your facts straight... im sure you were on the freshman team and had your head so far up coach buff that you wanted him to stay... you werent at our games, you werent coached by him... dont you see something wrong with EVERYONE idolizing buff, to disliking him that much? THANK YOU...

:x

BIGRED75... kinda sounds like buff to me!

Well I aint buff I can just recognize stupidity when I see it.............and from the comments of the RAIDER NATION on here I would say that a majority of the parents would fall into the "needs help now catagory." You might have been through four coaches in four years, but no matter who it is you still have to perform and you still have to put forth 100% as a player. If the coach says run, you do it until he says stop. If he says wear pink shoes, you wear pink shoes. You do whatever it is he tells ya to do short of breaking the law, and getting someone hurt. If you go home and cry to mommy and daddy everytime something never goes your way, then your only hurting yourself, and if mommy and daddy listen to it, and call the coach they are making it worse. TOUGHEN UP...............kids today and parents as well need some tough love. Everyones kid is not an ALL-AMERICAN.........just the facts.........I know the coach your getting...........Lets hope he can right the ship........it seems to be with out a rudder.

First off, I apologize to BigRed 75 for the comments made by some of my past ball players. I have watched this thread go on and on, and I wasn't going to say anything until now. Jeff (baseball 1989), if you could please keep your mouth shut, and just play ball, you might have an opportunity to be a decent ball player. I think this forum is a great place to go for information, and to brag about your team, but this negativity has def. got to stop. You have what seems to me a pretty good coach coming in, don't already label yourself as a kid that has no discipline. As I read this board, both good and bad, I laugh to myself, because it seems to me that certain people like to talk just to create a stir. As a new coach coming in, the great t hing about it is, that all you guys at Lumberton have a fresh life. Yes including the ones, that were on the outs with me. The best thing you guys can do is to prove me wrong, and go out there your senior years, and bust your butt. Don't prove me right, and act like what you stated above. I wish you the best Sportsfann_89, and I am going to give you a word of advice...Stick with the circle change, it is MUCH better than your straight change.

Coop I appreciate all you do on this board, and I look forward to a succesfful football season. Heck maybe you and I can even go watch a game together, be like old times. (Of course we would have to have Chad come with us.)

Buff

Young Coach Buff was doing it right. Those Buff's are second to none when it comes to coaching baseball. The new coach will be a good one as well.

Good luck to the coach leaving and good luck to the coach coming in.

sg

Growing up in Lumberton and playing little league all that time, I know how crazy some of those parents can get. I also know that certain parents were intrusive and difficult to deal with in many groups at LHS (band, athletics, Raiderettes, cheerleading, etc) when I was there. But, I don't know if it is any more than any other place.

Raider09, good luck to you and the whole team. I look forward to going wherever to watch y'all in the playoffs sometime soon! :thumbsup

i play at lumberton too and thank god i didnt grow up here cuz yall might have rubbed off on my parents. raidermania i have played at many different select programs and two different high school programs and i dont remember when a coach didnt require the players to where matching uniforms during practice.....GET OVER IT! and if were ever gonna make to the playoffs here at lumberton, baseball is gonna hafta become our lives. u need to let ur kid know (whoever he may be) that hes gonna hafta eat sleep breath and live baseball with the rest of us if were gonna go to the playoffs next year.

Judging by the posts by some lumberton players and parents' date=' I think it will be of benefit to the new coach to have spent some time in the community of RUSK before coming to lumberton. Best of luck to you, sounds like you will need it![/quote']

And that means?

Shane Reyenga will do a great job at Lumberton. I had the privilege to spend a lot of time in the dugout during Shane's high school career and I will assure you that he has been a serious student of the game for many years. Several Lumberton posters have indicated that they are looking for good things to happen and I will take them at their word. The players will enjoy playing for Coach Reyenga and will learn a lot of baseball. That being said, I sincerely hope that the Lumberton community supports Shane by providing players who are baseball players and not pre-determined postion players! Allow the coach to do just that, coach! Coach Reyenga and his family may or may not have always thought every decision by his high school coaches were 100% correct. We will never know because Shane always was always too busy giving 100% effort for the team.

First off' date=' you took my words all wrong. What I am saying about the shirt (which I really don't mind) was that a kid was doing re-conditioning (as Coach B would say) because he Forgot to wear the right shirt. Instead of getting valuable practice time, he is running, while some of the other kids that don't deserve to play are getting better. Also, I believe I have a right to "KNOW" who my son is going to be coached by, I would hate to see the years I have spent with him on the practice field get ruined, like it did last year. 3rd we are not LCM, and until then, we aren't going to have the same rules. Coach Griff can do what he does, because he has been winning. Those certain coaching privlleges are earned. I am sorry I rattled everyone's feather, I just think these kids at Lumberton got a b ad deal last year.[/quote']

One things for sure with parents like raidermania, Lumberton will never win again. Because the discipline is what gets LCM, Nederland and PNG where they are every year. Good Luck to the new Lumberton Coach, he's going to need it ! Sorry for the players at Lumberton because you lost a good coach as well.

Let me break it down for ya "YOUR A BUNCH OF QUACKS".........is that simple enough for ya...................( this only applies I to the ones it applies to ones making all the negative noise' date=' to the the rest of lumberton have a great day)[/quote']

:iag BigRed, you're killing me !! :lol:

Well there are a few posts that I have made that I am not sure I have agreed with myself..............Now it that is not confusing..................Maybe I should make a visit to RUSK.....................or Lumberton.....its closer.........................

Well there are a few posts that I have made that I am not sure I have agreed with myself..............Now it that is not confusing..................Maybe I should make a visit to RUSK.....................or Lumberton.....its closer.........................

So, why is it that you can make assuptions about Rusk? What exactly is your point in trying to down Rusk?

Sideliner05-sorry about my previous post about the benefits of the new coach spending time in the community of Rusk. I guess if you live there, you don't make statements like, "If that @#$! parent doesn't quit stalking me because I won't play his kid in the position he has played all 9 years of little league, I'm gonna have to check into Rusk!" I'm sure that is very politically incorrect and did not mean to offend. I know it is a great community and that it has much more to offer than the state mental hospital. I wish the new coach the best of luck at Lumberton.

It may have been before your time, but Huntsville was known for the prison, and Rusk was known for being the home of the State Mental Hospital. If someone was acting a little off, they would say"they need to send hiim to Rusk". I am sure no one means to disparage Rusk. More of a generation gap thing.

geez arn't people a little touchy about where they live now days....................I dare someone to say that Bridge city is known for its bridges I DARE you.......................... I guess I am older than I want to think, if me thinking everyone knew Rusk was the town known for the nut ward......................Well congrats to those great patrons of Rusk we are now calling those of the great township of Lumberton the new nut ward.......you have been pardoned........................

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    voodoopriestonline
    Newest Member
    voodoopriestonline