Final thought on Vidors season

pirate68

My take is this. While I thought we would get a few more wins. The season turned out about like I thought it would. With the sophmores we had on this team it reminded me alot of L-Towns team last year. I think Friday night was a good indicator of things to come for the next couple of years. Teinert looked pretty good running the offense and Pittman looked very good running the ball.

My take is this. While I thought we would get a few more wins. The season turned out about like I thought it would. With the sophmores we had on this team it reminded me alot of L-Towns team last year. I think Friday night was a good indicator of things to come for the next couple of years. Teinert looked pretty good running the offense and Pittman looked very good running the ball.

The number of seniors on a team has a lot to do with a team's success. It obviously doesn't mean that they will win or a team with less seniors will lose but it sure tilts the scales.

While this is all true, the last few games the Seniors played their hearts out.  Especially Friday night. 

I'm excited about the possibilities for the next couple years.  They finished strong, and showed alot of progress.  Hopefully, the kids will hit it hard in the offseason. 

It can be done!! This year of experience for the younger players should help tremendously next year.

Vidor, don't worry about what anyone else says. If the boys believe they can win and work hard to make it happen it can be done. Your young players should have much more confidence going into next season. That in itself will count for a lot. I hope you do well next year!

So are you saying that the players this year didn't believe that they could win and/or they didn't work hard?

No, that is not what I meant... I was basing that statement on the fact that someone said they had a lot of young players. I think this year was a learning experience for them and even though they didn't win many games they have a year under their belt. Instead of getting down about this year turn it around and say, "ok, we know what to expect now and I believe we can work hard to win next year". I think the mental aspect plays a big part. I didn't mean anything negative towards this years team and hope nobody took it that way.

Regardless of what words you can use to describe it they didn't exactly get where they wanted to be... (I mean who wants to be 2-8???) but they were really hurt by injuries and a they definetly lacked experience. thats not trying to make an excuse because that has happened to teams b4 and they have found ways to win... as soon as Vidor finds out that they can win I'm sure they will. I hope Matthews stays... he is a positive influence on all of the kids that go thru there. Thanks for the nice post Aries. expect better things from vidor next year.

Regardless of what words you can use to describe it they didn't exactly get where they wanted to be... (I mean who wants to be 2-8???) but they were really hurt by injuries and a they definetly lacked experience. thats not trying to make an excuse because that has happened to teams b4 and they have found ways to win... as soon as Vidor finds out that they can win I'm sure they will. I hope Matthews stays... he is a positive influence on all of the kids that go thru there. Thanks for the nice post Aries. expect better things from vidor next year.

As a player under Mathews last year, I loved having him as my coach. Even though I was just the kicker, he was still a privilege to be able to play under. Now I have to be a Pirate/Bearkat at the same time, but my blood will always bleed Black and Gold!

Guest Uhhh What?

I'm excited about the possibilities for next year.  I think the young kids learned alot this year.  I hope Matthews stays.  A little more discipline in holding on to the ball and I see us with a few more wins this year.  We just could not hold on to it in crucial situations.  Catching a pass every now and then would have made a big difference as well.  Overall, I see the Pirates making some noise next year.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami