#1 Argyle vs #2 HJ, 4A State Semifinals/ HJ ADVANCES TO STATE CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!!

drewlsu

Guest mrtomcat
13 minutes ago, mfd814 said:

And pressing may get you behind but continuing the press.  Makes your legs tired,  and shots stop falling late in the game.  

I am trying to find the rationale in this post.  Do you run a further distance down the court when somebody is pressing you?  Come on man!!!!

Guest mrtomcat

put pressure on brownsboro (east texas) 

they dont have near the money/pride/tradition/coaching/basketball iq that an argyle has

see what i did there?  know your opponent 

54 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

Just looking at stats on Brownsboro and making assumptions.  30 FT attempts made 24.  Zero from 3.   They like to get the basket and draw fouls.  Maybe some of you coaches in this thread can come up with a game plan.  

Gotta press them, but have to try and stay out of foul trouble.  If Jackson and Beavers get a couple fouls early it’s going to be tough for them to win.  

1 hour ago, mrtomcat said:

I am too, because I was told HJ got into half court man in the 3rd and got Argyle's star player in foul trouble, which mounted the comeback.  It didnt hurt either that HJ's mcdonalds all american took over the game, in the 2nd half.

1.  HJ should have won

2 HJ did win

3 HJ would have won by 20 had they not been in full court pressure during the 1st half and got behind the 8 ball

Great players should take over in my opinion. She is the most unselfish player I know. Congrats.

1 minute ago, LOKI said:

Great players should take over in my opinion. She is the most unselfish player I know. Congrats.

That’s what makes her extra special.  She controls the game and gets her shots up, but still makes everyone around her better, and will give it up to the open player when it’s there.

39 minutes ago, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

Seeding for this year’s 4A state event was decided by best record, and Hardin-Jefferson ended up being the No. 4 seed with a 33-4 overall mark.

here's the link to article this came from

This is the hidden content, please

@AggiesAreWe 

Seeding always goes by winning percentage at State.  HJ played a big time schedule with their losses coming against top ranked 6a teams.  It hurt them for seeding at State, but helped in the competition level they played this year.  

23 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

Seeding always goes by winning percentage at State.  HJ played a big time schedule with their losses coming against top ranked 6a teams.  It hurt them for seeding at State, but helped in the competition level they played this year.  

AAW and I had talked about it earlier, is simply why I posted it.

really it's not a big deal.

thanks for your time.

Looking at Brownsboro’s schedule, they’ve had a good season, but played about 5 quality teams all year and lost to two those.  Both of their losses are to teams in the 3A final four, and Fairfield beat them them by 24.  They played a couple of mediocre 5A teams pre-district, and the rest were 4A and 3A schools. HJ has played at least a dozen teams that would be favored against brownsboro, and won most of them.  Fairfield is the only team on Brownsboro’s schedule that would have a chance to beat HJ, and I don’t think they would do it.  This team has broken 70 about 5 times all year.  They slow it down.  They’re argyle with an easier schedule and much worse shooting.  HJ obviously has to show up, but I don’t think brownsboro would have much of a shot against argyle or La Vega.  If HJ stays healthy and out of foul trouble I could see them winning this game comfortable.  I’m going to say 76-50.  Hard to make a prediction like that against a team with a 38-2 record, but if HJ and brownsboro swapped schedules HJ would likely be 40-0 (39-1 at worst), and brownsboro would have double digit losses.  Excited for the game tomorrow!  Bring it home to Sour Lake!

2 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

Looking at Brownsboro’s schedule, they’ve had a good season, but played about 5 quality teams all year and lost to two those.  Both of their losses are to teams in the 3A final four, and Fairfield beat them them by 24.  HJ has played at least a dozen teams that would be favored against brownsboro, and won most of them.  Fairfield is the only team on Brownsboro that would give HJ a game.  This team has broken 70 about 5 times all year.  They slow it down.  They’re argyle with an easier schedule and much worse shooting.  HJ obviously has to show up, but I don’t think brownsboro would have much of a shot against argyle or La Vega.  If HJ stays healthy and out of foul trouble I could see them winning this game comfortable.  I’m going to say 76-50.  Hard to make a prediction like that against a team with a 38-2 record, but if HJ and brownsboro swapped schedules HJ would likely be 40-0 (39-1 at worst), and brownsboro would have double digit losses.  Excited for the game tomorrow! 

Pretty much agree with everything you said.  I’m not saying B’boro can’t make a game of it, but it’s unlikely. The state championship was decided today.

5 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

Just looking at stats on Brownsboro and making assumptions.  30 FT attempts made 24.  Zero from 3.   They like to get the basket and draw fouls.  Maybe some of you coaches in this thread can come up with a game plan.  

😂😂😂😂