Lamar Softball

spidersal

19-81 the past 2 seasons. This is simply inexcusable. Time to get rid of Hooks and find someone that can coach and recruit.  It is so difficult to see which Lamar program is worse. Does anyone have an opinion between football, volleyball, mens basketball, and softball. They are all bad!

3 hours ago, spidersal said:

19-81 the past 2 seasons. This is simply inexcusable. Time to get rid of Hooks and find someone that can coach and recruit.  It is so difficult to see which Lamar program is worse. Does anyone have an opinion between football, volleyball, mens basketball, and softball. They are all bad!

I know a perfect person for this job but I don’t know if she would apply for it so I’m no going to mention her name. But, she is a former player at Lamar, she coaches at a prominent high school and has been to the state finals twice in her three year stint and has won one title.

5 hours ago, spidersal said:

Softball is the worse, close second is mens basketball… but we will see. Changes need to be made and I’m sure with the New AD coming soon they will the changes and let that person do it…. Bring in their people, their program 

19 hours ago, spidersal said:

I don't think any of the other sports had to deal with injuries and covid on the scale that men's basketball did. Just absolutely terrible luck on those fronts. They should bounce back nicely next season if their luck improves. 

On 5/11/2022 at 5:04 PM, Coach85 said:

I know a perfect person for this job but I don’t know if she would apply for it so I’m no going to mention her name. But, she is a former player at Lamar, she coaches at a prominent high school and has been to the state finals twice in her three year stint and has won one title.

I thought of this as well although a different person that had played for Lamar.

Maybe with a new AD you feel a little more comfortable because you would be their hire.

Just too much chaos with the whole Lamar athletic department - not to mention each individual program - to want to give up a secure job you know is going well.

Whoever takes over the Lamar program is pretty much back to building a program from scratch.

On 5/11/2022 at 1:52 PM, spidersal said:

I would say volleyball was the worst (forever since even a winning season)

Softball next (terrible teams not even competitive since Bruder was fired)

Football consistently horrible and non-competitive

Basketball was decent during Tic Price era - not great - but usually decent but this year was a horrible year.

You didn't ask but

Women's Basketball also mediocre since Harmony left

and of course baseball mostly mediocre seasons under the Davis era.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 12/7/2022 at 10:36 PM, navydawg31 said:

This is the hidden content, please

Lamar softball schedule for 2023 came out. Are they going to be competitive this year or will it be another 10 win season? This is what  year 5 for Coach Hooks. Make or break it imo. Best of luck this year Lady Cards 

Well softball off to a resounding 0-5 start being outscored 33-2 in those five games.

Well I believe the majority of people have discovered that Hooks can’t get the job done. I guess it is a combination of not recruiting well and the entire coaching staff

Maybe they can win 6 or 7 games this season.  
Lamar messed up getting rid of Bruder, Harmony, and Price.  At least their teams competed.

The coach that is still there that has not done anything is Davis

On 2/18/2023 at 12:00 PM, spidersal said:

The latest vs UTSA. Lamar blows a 12-7 lead in the bottom of 7th.  How long are they going to continue with Hooks. They are now 12-89 the last 2 seasons and their now 1-8 at the start of this season.  I don’t think you can get much worse than this!

Yes and did you see how they blew it with errors and misplays? Really sad.

They did manage to win two in a row after this and had a 3-0 lead in the third game but lost to fall to 3-10 on the season now. I think those two wins might cost us on our over/under for wins for the season.

1 hour ago, spidersal said:

Does anyone know if there is an NCAA D1 softball team worse than Lamar. 3-16 now and 21-105 since she has started recruiting  In my opinion they need to find a new coach that can recruit and teach the players are simply do away with softball

Prarie View, Mississippi Valley State, Bethune Cookman for sure.  Maybe Texas A&M Commerce.  No, the list would not be very long.  

I assume you were saying do away with it in jest. If not, what men's program do you suggest LU cut to be Title IX compliant?  Again, I'm quite sure you didn't mean it so much as expressing frustration, but I ask nonetheless. 

Hard to believe any programs are worse than ours and we have a bunch of bad programs.

Men's basketball just finished 9-22...11-49 over last two seasons. Dead last in probably the worst conference in the country other than the Northeastern.

Think back when we had SFA and Sam and other teams that were halfway decent but it was unacceptable to finish third or fourth behind them. Now we can't even make a conference tournament that takes 8 out of 10 teams.

4 hours ago, spidersal said:

Does anyone know if there is an NCAA D1 softball team worse than Lamar. 3-16 now and 21-105 since she has started recruiting  In my opinion they need to find a new coach that can recruit and teach the players are simply do away with softball

spidersal here is a more pleasant memory for you:

This is the hidden content, please