Lamar Softball

spidersal

Wow, you have runners on 2nd and 3rd with 2 outs in a 3-2 game and you strike out looking. How poor is that

A&M CC is 3-1 vs the Cards this season

I guess the question is will they 0-2 or 1-2 in the conference tournament 

The Southland conference has to be one of the weakest conferences in the NCAA D1 to allow 20-32 Lamar to finish 4th

It is time to get rid of Hooks. Her record is atrocious at Lamar

You are correct my friend, however season wise 22-34. Much better than last year but still really bad. How old record at Lamar is really bad

It is going to be interesting to see if the new AD cares about all athletic programs at Lamar. If he does, then we will see Lamar looking for a new softball coach. If not we will know that he doesn’t care 

Hopefully he will get rid of Davis also

Don't see either being sent packing and would suspect the softball coach to be on even better "footing" than Davis.  The overall record may be lacking, but would be very surprised with a 4th place conference finish and final 3 in the tournament.  We will see, but highly doubtful.

I'll add this with no knowledge of the AD or Lamars expectations for softball...a program that competes in conference (did so this year), is clean, and is non-revenue producing seldom loses coaches.  

You are probably right

Bruder - 6 seasons. Record 167-174; conference 86-72 only 1 really bad season

Hooks - 5 seasons. Record 73-161; conference 37-72. 4 of 5 seasons really bad

If current AD keeps her, then he and the Lamar administration do not care about the softball program. I believe this season was the only season they have went to the conference tournament unless she did the 1st year with Bruder’s recruits 

Davis record if better but nothing to show for it. I believe he has only won 1 game in conference tournaments

I see no improvement under Hooks. She has not had a winning season yet(not even close)

Her recruiting has not been good. They will continue to struggle under her guidance because the pitching staff is extremely weak and the hitting is about the same as the pitching and way too many errors 

This is where we differ

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...