Lamar Softball

spidersal

The Lamar softball team is now 2-8. It appears they are going to be weak again this season. They played a few teams close, however Washington is the only good team they have played thus far. The pitching appears to be weak and struggle scoring runs, which leads me to believe hitting is weak also. I quesadillas Hooks can’t recruit quality players. Hopefully they will improve 

• 2 weeks later...

Lamar softball is now 4-13 and 0-2 in conference 

How long are they going to keep Hooks.  The only year she had success was her 1st year with Bruder’s recruits.

Since then they have hardly sniffed a win.

I think last season and thus far this season she is around 12-60.  I would say that this is pretty bad.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

You have got that right, super hitter for Texas, but struggles recruiting and coaching. The new pitching coach they hired must not be a very good pitching coach, because they do not have 1 pitcher that competes. It is difficult to distinguish which Lamar sport is worse between football, mens basketball, and softball.

I don’t think I have ever seen a Lamar softball team this poor the past 2 seasons. Could possibly be the worst D1 program in the nation theses past 2 seasons. Looks like an 11-37 season which would make them 19-80 the past 2 years. They may get lucky and finish 20-79. There is obviously not much talent alongside poor coaching and a total lack of recruiting 

5 hours ago, spidersal said:

I don’t think I have ever seen a Lamar softball team this poor the past 2 seasons. Could possibly be the worst D1 program in the nation theses past 2 seasons. Looks like an 11-37 season which would make them 19-80 the past 2 years. They may get lucky and finish 20-79. There is obviously not much talent alongside poor coaching and a total lack of recruiting 

In the final conference series we host 12-38 Sam Houston. Sam swept us at their place and is 31-69 over the last two seasons.

Also, from what I keep seeing all the teams eligible for bid will make the WAC tournament because there are only 8 teams eligible for an NCAA bid. Am I reading that correctly?

On 5/1/2022 at 6:29 PM, spidersal said:

If all teams make the tournament Lamar will be 2 and done. I see them splitting with TSU and losing 3 to SHS 

Well still accurate on your prediction. Lamar loses a doubleheader Friday to Sam by scores of 2-1 and then 8-0 in five innings.  Now sitting at 79 losses over the last two seasons.

11-37 and 5-19 that is atrocious 19-80 the past 2 seasons. The only season Hooks had a winning record in her 1st year at Lamar was because she had the majority of Bruder’s recruits still there. Since then, Lamar has been horrible  Lamar hired an AD that only cared about tennis and knew nothing by about hiring quality coaches

23 hours ago, spidersal said:

11-37 and 5-19 that is atrocious 19-80 the past 2 seasons. The only season Hooks had a winning record in her 1st year at Lamar was because she had the majority of Bruder’s recruits still there. Since then, Lamar has been horrible  Lamar hired an AD that only cared about tennis and knew nothing by about hiring quality coaches

Lamar plays Utah Valley on May 11 at 10 am in a single elimination game in the WAC tournament.

The winner moves to the double elimination portion against Abilene Christian at 4 pm May 11.