The Washington Post's Casual Racism Toward Clarence Thomas!

Reagan

7 minutes ago, JDUB said:

My daughter and teammates experienced many racist comments from the student section  while playing basketball at Lumberton.   Disgusting.  

Let’s not portray that experience as a one way street please.  As a older white man I have experienced racism from black people towards me over the years for no reason at all except for the fact I was white but I’ve always taken it as that says more about them than me. What a pathetic lazy mind set to have that you would be like that towards someone that you don’t even know. I’ve never let it keep me from trying to do what’s right. I was taught growing up to never let someone define who you are but to let God by his word define who you are. 

2 hours ago, JDUB said:

My daughter and teammates experienced many racist comments from the student section  while playing basketball at Lumberton.   Disgusting.  

Having daughters that played basketball, we've had to put up with plenty of nonsense like this.  I've just always known that the words that come out of someone's mouth defines them, not the person they're taliking about.  It goes both ways.

• 2 weeks later...