Mid-County Sadness

bronco1

Yes, Nederland came up short, but the better team won in Lumberton tonight, as it should be.  I am sure that many Ned folks will be supporting Lumberton (& all area teams in the coming weeks).  I know for sure that I will.  And honestly, I don't know who in Pt. Neches or Groves is sad, they are celebrating a co-district championship and getting ready for their 1st round opponent.  Mid County is still alive & well!  ;D

Go Indians . . . Scalp' Em!! 

Guest ECBucFan

Nice post NedDog. The Bulldogs have a record almost everyone would be envious of. Being in the playoffs 10 or 12 years in a row is an awesome accomplishment. I know Ned will back very soon. That soph QB will be very seasoned next year. 

The Hundred Year Flood know as Ned's playoff streak is over......

Gave up more than 100 points in 2 games....

i wouldn't go that far.  qb & some other key positions are young.  i'll bet big ned will be back with even more next season.  i think i'll buy my lumberton/nederland ticket for 2008 in the morning!

i wouldn't go that far.  qb & some other key positions are young.  i'll bet big ned will be back with even more next season.  i think i'll buy my lumberton/nederland ticket for 2008 in the morning!

The current 11 year streak is dead.  Now if y'all want to start another streak in '08, then that's a whole other issue.....

Go Smiley

Go Yates

Go LM

Mark this post, this loss and missing the playoffs will be the best thing that has happened in Nederland in a long time.  Early off-season, plenty of pissed off underclassmen, we are loaded with kids coming back... Enjoy the MC hatefest while you can.  NEDERLAND will be back and huge next year.  Congrats to Lumberton on a great achievement and WOW, Dayton, you should do something special this year.  PNG is always dangerous.  Good luck.

i believe the dogs will be back, heck  i might even go deer hunting

or fishing, 11 straight years of not going  because we were all

ways playing at least 2  or more weeks will be different, because i think

i will have the next few years tied up in the post season again!  i better enjoy it now

Yes, Nederland came up short, but the better team won in Lumberton tonight, as it should be.  I am sure that many Ned folks will be supporting Lumberton (& all area teams in the coming weeks).  I know for sure that I will.  And honestly, I don't know who in Pt. Neches or Groves is sad, they are celebrating a co-district championship and getting ready for their 1st round opponent.  Mid County is still alive & well!   ;D

Go Indians . . . Scalp' Em!! 

Thanks for the support.... And oh yeah Nederland will be back next year I would bet big money on that..

November 9, 2007 offical Mid-County Sadness, brought to you by the Raiders and the Broncos.

Hats off to Lumberton I knew ya'll had Ned in the bag.

I actually found that comment funny !  :D  However, no sadness here.  Once I knew the Indians had the playoffs wrapped up, I have been nothing but happy.  Here's to hoping 22-4A goes deep!

The Hundred Year Flood know as Ned's playoff streak is over......

Gave up more than 100 points in 2 games....

How can an Ozen fan gloat over anyone else's demise? I can usally accept some criticism from someone whose team beat us, but not from someone whose team we stomped.

no hate fest here .ned will always be tough,png will always be strong. crowd

at lumberton game was big. ned showed up with good crowd. thanks for all

the good post about the raiders,we all want to win & go to playoffs. i watched png & ned play this year,local games & in houston. both teams

rep 22 -4a well every year. whoever posted this thread,doesnt know

mc like we do. lets all support local teams this year, but no sadness in

mc,they r in the playoffs again this year,hear those drums.lol from l-town,

good luck guys. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Guest maverick24

I do think this is a funny Post! I also know that any team that has went to the P.O.'s 11 years much less in a row has nothing to be sad about! Ned is a strong team the problem is they had no running game. Last year they ran for over 400 yrds against us so you never know what they will have next year. png will do well as they usually do. I have had great fun trash talking with the M.C. FANS this year. I was prepared to tip my hat and travel to watch a M.C. team had Raidernation lost, but I am glad I can go watch my own boys for a change. The M.C. fans have been fun this year just good trash talk not like the Dayton fans tried with the accusation that the Raider staff cheated them some how. Which led to several post getting locked after I asked Coop for some help. I thought it was a shame because the Dayton team is a great team I expect them to do well. Any M.C. fan that would like to sit with Mav and the gang drop me a email would love to have yall.

Its sad that MC lost.  Its too bad one of them had to get left  out.

UUMMM  Soulja.  ALL of MC didn't lose.  And it's only  too bad that someone has to miss out when they all have the same record, but lose buy points, or even worse, a coin toss.  That's when it's "too bad".

How can an Ozen fan gloat over anyone else's demise? I can usally accept some criticism from someone whose team beat us, but not from someone whose team we stomped.

Because I can.  And I wouldn't be so quick to say y'all stomped a team after giving up 96 points in 2 weeks.  Matter of fact, I can think of a few adverbs to describe what happened to mighty ned these past 2 weeks so choose your words carefully......

Ya know it is sad about Nederland but 90% of people that are not from MC do not get it .. We support each other except on the night of MCM -why because we have friends and family from both schools and love the excitement of watching each others teams do well ...This year when I was MCM there were people in all of the yards around the stadium with PNG and BIG NED shirts on having a great time before and after the game... So when PNG or NED or both go we all have a great time....AND I CAN BET YOU THIS ONE OF US WILL ALL WAYS BE THERE IN THE PLAYOFF RACE>>>>and will be supported big by MC fans.....

Good Luck  to all in the playoffs!

Nederland is a class school and a class football team. Not many schools can boast of that many consequetive trips to the playoffs. It was just a few years back that Nederland blew out the Broncos in Rice Stadium so, the blow-out last year and this year was a little payback. They will be back next year and most likely re-start their playoff streak.

PNG has the best fan support year in and year out. They've made their way back to the playoffs and are a good team. We all wish we could boast of the success they have had over the years.

Lumberton and their fans are a little over the top but, I can understand their enthusiasm since they have never been to the playoffs before. Now let's see if they can perform at a high level year in and year out like Dayton, Nederland, and PNG. I looked at their roster and saw that most of them were Seniors. I wish them well like all of the 224A schools but I don't see them sustaining like the others.

The only knock on Lumberton is their Stadium announcer. We all have "homey" announcers but, that guy was horrible. He was a Raider Cheerleader with the Stadium mike. He needs to grow up.

The rest of the folks in Lumberton can be very proud of your team this year and the spirit that you demonstrated during this run. Let's see if you can keep it up when the losses return. You're going to find that the "little sisters of the poor" are not going to schedule you next year for non-district games and the 224A schools are going to put as many points on you that they can.

Mid County madness is a beautiful thing. The Broncos have played well there the last two years and I hope it continues. I am afraid the UIL re-districting will take us out of this rabid football district. We have shown we belong to this fraternity and can handle our own. Many thanks this year to our wonderful Coaches and players. You have made us mighty proud in this little town.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder