OTHER TOURNEY GAME THREAD, Dec. 28-30/Post updates here

42 minutes ago, Tigers94 said:

Playing Carter then playing an arguably even better Bishop Lynch team in one day is tough.

I don't really like the idea of "good losses" but hopefully we'll now get better and improve going forward.

Sadly we don't have the parts we need to fix some things. I think we're still a year away from being serious contenders.

Definitely a tough day, but i dont think you can base us not being serious contenders on today.  Now not sure we can match up with faith family but if Carter is right behind them, i think we proved today we can beat them.  Just have to do better on a few things.  

# 1 needs a pull up jumper.  A quick accurate one at that. A floater would be good too.  He shoots good set 3s. Lotta set 3 shooters on the team.  Love to see him glide to the bucket though. and steal the ball with those long limbs. With a quick jumper, when the ref is calling it a certain way, just pull up & burn them from the outside.  Those kinda skills don't grow on trees. Along  Hitting the breaking ball, throwing a split finger 96mph, a slider just as fast, high pointing the ball with 4.27 speed, enuf sense not to drive a vette like lighting while lit enough to double the legal limit, 10 inch hands, They pay the big bucks for those kinda skills.

Jayce?  well some things are bigger than sports.

Don't under estimate BT Washington in reg III.  I'm not sure about Furr or anyone else. 

45 minutes ago, Kountzer said:

# 1 needs a pull up jumper.  A quick accurate one at that. A floater would be good too.  He shoots good set 3s. Lotta set 3 shooters on the team.  Love to see him glide to the bucket though. and steal the ball with those long limbs. With a quick jumper, when the ref is calling it a certain way, just pull up & burn them from the outside.  Those kinda skills don't grow on trees. Along  Hitting the breaking ball, throwing a split finger 96mph, a slider just as fast, high pointing the ball with 4.27 speed, enuf sense not to drive a vette like lighting while lit enough to double the legal limit, 10 inch hands, They pay the big bucks for those kinda skills.

Jayce?  well some things are bigger than sports.

Don't under estimate BT Washington in reg III.  I'm not sure about Furr or anyone else. 

You’re right that is an interesting one.  Especially because they can expose Silsbee’s biggest weakness.  Question is can they handle the Tigers’ biggest strengths.  

7 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

You’re right that is an interesting one.  Especially because they can expose Silsbee’s biggest weakness.  Question is can they handle the Tigers’ biggest strengths.  

Silsbee battled with Carter and Carter has as much height as Washington. I don't know if any of their bigs are as good as BT's Lewis. So I feel a bit more confident should those two teams square off.

14 hours ago, Tiger05 said:

hhhmm...  I doubt the Refs even remember what they ate that day.

This young Silsbee squad will be just fine.

In 2018 Silsbee took home the 4A State Champion Title, Trophy & Rings.

Today Dallas Carter took a regular season W.

Next...

U heard about end the frustration, I lived it.  I've been watching the young tigers, old tigers, mid aged..since way b4 you were born. I was listening to the tigers play on my old zenith radio. No internet then, game was broadcast on KKAS.  Heard of them lately? or at all? KJET was playing Hey Joe by some guy named Hendrix.  I heard and seen tigers like Manuel Tyler, Ralph Davenport, Rob Shelton, Mark Yawn, Tim, (can't remember his name. Charlottes friend back in high school), Rufus Cook, the late Larry Irvin MD, J Hunter, David Brown, Mike Dabney, who had he not blown out his knee might have made it to the NBA. He was that good.  I appreciate all the talent and work sweat it took to win those rings.  In every championship a little serendipity plays a small part.  It's in the dictionary, look it up.

2 hours ago, Kountzer said:

U heard about end the frustration, I lived it.  I've been watching the young tigers, old tigers, mid aged..since way b4 you were born. I was listening to the tigers play on my old zenith radio. No internet then, game was broadcast on KKAS.  Heard of them lately? or at all? KJET was playing Hey Joe by some guy named Hendrix.  I heard and seen tigers like Manuel Tyler, Ralph Davenport, Rob Shelton, Mark Yawn, Tim, (can't remember his name. Charlottes friend back in high school), Rufus Cook, the late Larry Irvin MD, J Hunter, David Brown, Mike Dabney, who had he not blown out his knee might have made it to the NBA. He was that good.  I appreciate all the talent and work sweat it took to win those rings.  In every championship a little serendipity plays a small part.  It's in the dictionary, look it up.

Scratching head… Thank you for sharing your experience and seniority.

I think that Silsbee is better than Carter. I base that on the 24-14 4th quarter and previous records.  Next time the Tigers will come all the way back and win.

Of course there’s not going to be a next time this year so it’s a moot question. Carter won’t make it to SA.  The only thing that can stop FF this year is the virus.    

It’s been this way for several years.  Nobody was going to beat Yates, nobody was going to beat Argyle and now nobody is going to beat Faith Family.  The virus did beat Yates, it might have beaten Argyle, I don’t think it will beat FF but who knows.

16 hours ago, Tigers94 said:

Playing Carter then playing an arguably even better Bishop Lynch team in one day is tough.

I don't really like the idea of "good losses" but hopefully we'll now get better and improve going forward.

Sadly we don't have the parts we need to fix some things. I think we're still a year away from being serious contenders.

THIS!